Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
And Racist, a lot of pro-illegals consider anti-illegals racist. Nevertheless, Arizonaa Bound seems to give anti-illegals bad names with the anti-Hispanic attitude he has.
I have never seen other posters rebuke arizona bound for some of the things he says about hispanics. They always manage to overlook somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 02:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You got to be kidding me right? A lot of posts i read on here is always about the "mexicans" or how the their culture breeds criminals,rapists etc.

Hmm.. and I suppose White people don't? Whites contribute to over 50% of all hate crimes.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I have never seen other posters rebuke arizona bound for some of the things he says about hispanics. They always manage to overlook somehow.
Funny you should mention that, a while back he posted something really getting into depth why all Hispanics are to blame for the crime in America. About 3 people out of the entire immigration forum debunked him on that one. 97% said nothing.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:17 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
You got to be kidding me right? A lot of posts i read on here is always about the "mexicans" or how the their culture breeds criminals,rapists etc.
I think if you stop and quantify the data, you'll find that it is the same tiny minority that promotes those views.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I think if you stop and quantify the data, you'll find that it is the same tiny minority that promotes those views.
So you also have a degree in Genetics and how Hispanic genes are the "bad ones", the ones that create crime? You should check YOUR data and see that it is the minorities in low-class neighborhoods which resort to crime.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Hmm.. and I suppose White people don't? Whites contribute to over 50% of all hate crimes.
Hate crimes against what? Hispanics have more hate crimes against Americans than we do against them.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Hate crimes against what? Hispanics have more hate crimes against Americans than we do against them.
Hate crimes in general. Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports

FBI: Hate crimes jump nearly 8 percent - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/11/19/hate.crimes.ap/ - broken link)

Old 02-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
So you also have a degree in Genetics and how Hispanic genes are the "bad ones", the ones that create crime? You should check YOUR data and see that it is the minorities in low-class neighborhoods which resort to crime.
Now, how did you extract that little tidbit from my post?

I've never even come close to denigrating Hispanic DNA, which, by the way, is a misnomer and doesn't exist. "Hispanic" is a cultural designation and not a racial designation. I have never said anything that remotely resembles the statement that Hispanics have a genetic marker which promotes criminal activity. (There is no such genetic "proclivity" in any race of peoples by the way)

I also never claimed to have a degree in Genetics. I said I had a degree in Anthropology, i.e.; the study of man, which is a broad overview of the four subfields of Anthropology consisting of Cultural, Biological, Linguistics, and Archaeology studies.

Just when I start to think that there is hope for you Pro, you go and completely misquote, twist, and make-up posts to attribute to me.

Stop it.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Now, how did you extract that little tidbit from my post?

I've never even come close to denigrating Hispanic DNA, which, by the way, is a misnomer and doesn't exist. "Hispanic" is a cultural designation and not a racial designation. I have never said anything that remotely resembles the statement that Hispanics have a genetic marker which promotes criminal activity. (There is no such genetic "proclivity" in any race of peoples by the way)

I also never claimed to have a degree in Genetics. I said I had a degree in Anthropology, i.e.; the study of man, which is a broad overview of the four subfields of Anthropology consisting of Cultural, Biological, Linguistics, and Archaeology studies.

Just when I start to think that there is hope for you Pro, you go and completely misquote, twist, and make-up posts to attribute to me.

Stop it.
Funny how a question mark can change an entire post. It should of been, "Now you have a degree in Genetics?" What about that scientist that claimed that Blacks were genetically inferior to Whites? there was an entire study on this. Ironically, the scientist was something 16% Black himself. But did you really say that Latin American culture breeds criminals?

Old 02-16-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:

I tend to try to ignore true ignorance which is why I've had User2 on ignore for months now. When you try to reason with someone who likes to make blanket statements which include a large number of people, it goes in one ear and out the other. You're not going to change their minds, because that is how prejudice works. I've rebuked several people in this forum for their all encompassing racist statements regarding entire groups of people. They completely ignored me and continued to blab on. Now I simply ignore it unless it gets really ugly. Then I report it. I'm not the prejudice police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration