Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:40 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
sorry but I have not seen any. I just called illegal or pro illegal and I just feel hispanics are picked on more. In my area we have a larger influx of Russian immigrants. I know the treatment of illegal mexican immigrants and it angers me. I think all people should be treated humanely so because of that I get labled. Point me to solutions please
We've pointed to the solutions hundreds of times in this forum. Those who are sympathetic to illegal aliens simply don't want to listen.

1. Clarify the Fourteenth Amendment. It was ratified to give citizenship to the children of slaves, not foreign nationals. No tempting birthright American citizenship, less pregnant foreign nationals of EVERY ethnicity coming into America in order to give birth to an American citizen.

2. Heavily fine and imprison ANY and ALL employers found to be employing illegal aliens. No jobs, no incentive to come illegally to America.

3. No more benefits for illegal aliens. No citizenship--no WIC, no Medicare, no food stamps, no Section 8 housing, no medical care unless a life threatening emergency is in progress. No more freebies at the expense of American taxpayers--no more impetus to come to the U.S. illegally to live at the expense of hard-working citizens.

One, two, three. Problem solved--Deportation through attrition.

Now, if people would quit making excuses for illegal immigration, stop trying to justify their illegal presence in this country, and start hammering their elected representation to take care of the problem, we could stop belaboring this issue and concentrate on say, oh, the fact that America's men and women are dying every day in a foreign country for sake of George Bush's vanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 03:06 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
First off you need to understand where that anger comes from. My story:

Let's get this part out of the way. I nearly married a hot Hispanic woman back in the day but she broke my heart. I think Hispanic woman are some of the most beautiful woman on the planet and if I didn't marry I'd probably still be chasin em. So be it, actually I never saw a beatiful woman I didn't like but I digress.

After moving to CA many eons ago I rented a house near Mission Valley. One day after coming home from school I noticed something wrong. The back door was open and you could tell we had been robbed. They cleaned us out.
The police report said they followed a trail of our stuff to an encampment in the canyon and arrested some Illegal Aliens. This was back in the early 80's. Fast forward to the 90's. I lived in PB and one day I came home from work and viola, the house had been hit. This time the PD report read that the fingerprint found matched one of the gardeners that had been fired the day before, yep an Illegal with a long, long crime history.
They cleaned us out good that time too taking a lot of stuff I could never replace. They never caught these guys. A year or so later I got my car ripped off and they caught the guy driving it in PB, yup an Illegal. Fast forward another year, someone walked into our apt off of Grand and took my backpack. Bad thing was it contained my dl and credit cards. I didn't notice it gone until Sunday and it happened on Friday. By the time I had it figured out they got me good. My credit was shot, bank account dry the whole 9 yards. They ran up 9 grand of stuff on the credit cards.
What a pain filling out the reports and claims and disputes. Well, they ended up catching the guy trying to use a gas card (that I forgot about and didn't cancel) about a month later. Anyone care to guess the status of this jerk? Yes, an Illegal.

Shoot ahead many years. This time a fund raiser for my kid's school. We bought a pizza over the phone and used a CC (lesson here) and the next day the CC comp is calling me asking if I'd made a ton of purchases. Oh crap here we go again.

Turns out it was an employee texting CC numbers to someone in TJ who went nutz buying stuff online and having it sent to an apt in TJ. So, the perps were both Mexican Nationals and the one here that stole the # had a fake SS number.
Now I know there are people here just trying to find work but when someone gets tagged over and over by these scum it does generate more than a little dislike.

This is just the extremes, I have to deal with watching Illegal Aliens drop their kids off at my school and they get the free breakfasts and lunches that of course my kids don’t qualify for. They also get free stays at the Y which mine don’t. I get the warm and fuzzy feeling that they are driving on my freeways without insurance or a DL.

Sheez, what is their not to like about Illegal Aliens?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:33 PM

391 posts, read 872,693 times
the fact that America's men and women are dying every day in a foreign country for sake of George Bush's vanity.[/quote]

oh on this we certainly agree. lets hope the next leader can lead with humility and not get caught up in God mode.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:37 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
the fact that America's men and women are dying every day in a foreign country for sake of George Bush's vanity.
oh on this we certainly agree. lets hope the next leader can lead with humility and not get caught up in God mode.[/quote]

What has this got to do with Illegal Immigration? One way to a path for legalization is joining the military. I actually think that SHOULD be part of the immigration plan, mandetory 2 years of service.

I served, why cannot the Illegals that want to be Americans?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kele View Post
we've pointed to the solutions hundreds of times in this forum. Those who are sympathetic to illegal aliens simply don't want to listen.

1. Clarify the fourteenth amendment. It was ratified to give citizenship to the children of slaves, not foreign nationals. No tempting birthright american citizenship, less pregnant foreign nationals of every ethnicity coming into america in order to give birth to an american citizen.

2. Heavily fine and imprison any and all employers found to be employing illegal aliens. No jobs, no incentive to come illegally to america.

3. No more benefits for illegal aliens. No citizenship--no wic, no medicare, no food stamps, no section 8 housing, no medical care unless a life threatening emergency is in progress. No more freebies at the expense of american taxpayers--no more impetus to come to the u.s. Illegally to live at the expense of hard-working citizens.

One, two, three. Problem solved--deportation through attrition.

now, if people would quit making excuses for illegal immigration, stop trying to justify their illegal presence in this country, and start hammering their elected representation to take care of the problem, we could stop belaboring this issue and concentrate on say, oh, the fact that america's men and women are dying every day in a foreign country for sake of george bush's vanity.
Amen!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Let's get this part out of the way. I nearly married a hot Hispanic woman back in the day but she broke my heart. I think Hispanic woman are some of the most beautiful woman on the planet and if I didn't marry I'd probably still be chasin em. So be it, actually I never saw a beatiful woman I didn't like but I digress.

After moving to CA many eons ago I rented a house near Mission Valley. One day after coming home from school I noticed something wrong. The back door was open and you could tell we had been robbed. They cleaned us out.
The police report said they followed a trail of our stuff to an encampment in the canyon and arrested some Illegal Aliens. This was back in the early 80's. Fast forward to the 90's. I lived in PB and one day I came home from work and viola, the house had been hit. This time the PD report read that the fingerprint found matched one of the gardeners that had been fired the day before, yep an Illegal with a long, long crime history.
They cleaned us out good that time too taking a lot of stuff I could never replace. They never caught these guys. A year or so later I got my car ripped off and they caught the guy driving it in PB, yup an Illegal. Fast forward another year, someone walked into our apt off of Grand and took my backpack. Bad thing was it contained my dl and credit cards. I didn't notice it gone until Sunday and it happened on Friday. By the time I had it figured out they got me good. My credit was shot, bank account dry the whole 9 yards. They ran up 9 grand of stuff on the credit cards.
What a pain filling out the reports and claims and disputes. Well, they ended up catching the guy trying to use a gas card (that I forgot about and didn't cancel) about a month later. Anyone care to guess the status of this jerk? Yes, an Illegal.

Shoot ahead many years. This time a fund raiser for my kid's school. We bought a pizza over the phone and used a CC (lesson here) and the next day the CC comp is calling me asking if I'd made a ton of purchases. Oh crap here we go again.

Turns out it was an employee texting CC numbers to someone in TJ who went nutz buying stuff online and having it sent to an apt in TJ. So, the perps were both Mexican Nationals and the one here that stole the # had a fake SS number.
Now I know there are people here just trying to find work but when someone gets tagged over and over by these scum it does generate more than a little dislike.

This is just the extremes, I have to deal with watching Illegal Aliens drop their kids off at my school and they get the free breakfasts and lunches that of course my kids don’t qualify for. They also get free stays at the Y which mine don’t. I get the warm and fuzzy feeling that they are driving on my freeways without insurance or a DL.

Looks like you have had a target on your back. I would probably have some resentment and hatred too. but unlike you I fortunately have never been hit by an "illegal". When my apt was hit it was a white american. when my sister idententy was hit it was a white american. I also have never seen anyone driving or walking with a name plate stating they were "illegal". Do we assume every hispanic in school or driving a car or going to the Y is "illegal" I realize if your story is accurate how you would feel but I also do not see any immigrant with a label. They all just look like normal people to me.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
now, if people would quit making excuses for illegal immigration, stop trying to justify their illegal presence in this country, and start hammering their elected representation to take care of the problem, we could stop belaboring this issue and concentrate on say, oh, the fact that america's men and women are dying every day in a foreign country for sake of george bush's vanity.
Why are still so much people out on the streets doing protest in order to bait illegals then? They should be standing outside of the gates of the white house-- not in places where they aren't heard. I don't think I've ever seen a video with people protesting illegal immigration outside the gates of the white house.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:47 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Looks like you have had a target on your back. I would probably have some resentment and hatred too. but unlike you I fortunately have never been hit by an "illegal". When my apt was hit it was a white american. when my sister idententy was hit it was a white american. I also have never seen anyone driving or walking with a name plate stating they were "illegal". Do we assume every hispanic in school or driving a car or going to the Y is "illegal" I realize if your story is accurate how you would feel but I also do not see any immigrant with a label. They all just look like normal people to me.
Of course! Like Malamute said, "If they speak no English and dress like a Mexican, they're probably illegal". I guess that day worker looking guy who had a big accent at the DMV office this morning trying to renew his license was illegal too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
We've pointed to the solutions hundreds of times in this forum. Those who are sympathetic to illegal aliens simply don't want to listen.

1. Clarify the Fourteenth Amendment. It was ratified to give citizenship to the children of slaves, not foreign nationals. No tempting birthright American citizenship, less pregnant foreign nationals of EVERY ethnicity coming into America in order to give birth to an American citizen.

2. Heavily fine and imprison ANY and ALL employers found to be employing illegal aliens. No jobs, no incentive to come illegally to America.

3. No more benefits for illegal aliens. No citizenship--no WIC, no Medicare, no food stamps, no Section 8 housing, no medical care unless a life threatening emergency is in progress. No more freebies at the expense of American taxpayers--no more impetus to come to the U.S. illegally to live at the expense of hard-working citizens.

One, two, three. Problem solved--Deportation through attrition.

Now, if people would quit making excuses for illegal immigration, stop trying to justify their illegal presence in this country, and start hammering their elected representation to take care of the problem, we could stop belaboring this issue and concentrate on say, oh, the fact that America's men and women are dying every day in a foreign country for sake of George Bush's vanity.

Maybe you should talk to our President since you have the solution 1,2,3 problem solved. All hail to the king

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration