Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Proof please.
A hypothetical question warrants a hypothetical response.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:07 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So you're saying you have no proof of this hypotheical being any other than a positive? I've seen proof to prove it so. Maybe someone else can, anyone?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It is definitely time to boot any illegal alien caught out of the USA. They are a hindrance, nothing more-----------especially in this nasty recession.

Admittedly such a move may wind up pushing Mexico to collapse. Oh well. Perhaps Mx needs a thorough cleansing before it becomes a First World nation (assuming it survives its [probable] impending civil war).

Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not true! There have been many unbiased studies done on costs vs benefits of having millions of illegal aliens in our country and they have been all posted in here before. Most viable sources agree that they are a net negative.

What does any of that really matter in the grand scheme of things anyway? We have immigration laws and they have no right to be here and should be deported.
Could you please show or cite one study on the hositals closed since 2000 because of cost burdens due to illegal alien treatment.

What does any of that really matter in the grand scheme of things anyway? We have immigration laws and they have no right to be here and should be deported.

What it matters, is that the discussion is The impact of immigrants all leaving. To discuss that question in an inteligent manor, one must asses the cost vs. benifit of immigrants being here. The rest is self explanatory.

The theory of mass deportation is illogical and logistically near imposible.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Could you please show or cite one study on the hositals closed since 2000 because of cost burdens due to illegal alien treatment.

What it matters, is that the discussion is The impact of immigrants all leaving. To discuss that question in an inteligent manor, one must asses the cost vs. benifit of immigrants being here. The rest is self explanatory.

The theory of mass deportation is illogical and logistically near imposible.
Number one, theories are never impossible, they are theories, opinions compiled from thoughts, due to informative "proofs", escalating beyond the scope of fact. Please do not debate me on this as it is a miniscule point regarding the topic.

Please read back to what this post is asking, I have yet to read one point worthy of exploration regarding a negative of mass deportation, hence suggessting it be a positive.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:47 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
According to a 2005 report by the Pew Hispanic Center as well as Jeffrey Passell's report for the Urban Institute, which was cited by Pew in the 2005 report, the number of illegal aliens working in agriculture fluctuates between 2 - 4% in any given year. I'm not wading through the 300-plus page report again just to dig out that little snippet for you. Look it up yourself. You obviously have internet access.

As for the rest of your post (overall and for lettuce)? What precisely, are you asking?
You made the claim you have to back it up, I don't have to go looking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
1. Baloney, there are millions of Americans uemployed right now. Unless they are retarded Americans catch on to a new job fast. Many of them probably did hold those same jobs before but were taken by an illegal so no training will even be necessary.

2. I'd rather think of it as being paid at a fair wage rather than slave labor wages with the illegals on them. Employers would just have to accept a little less profit or they won't be able to sell their goods. Most of these employers weren't passing the savings on to the consumer anyway they were pocketing the extra profits instead.
I never said they wouldn't be filled, but it would take time to fill them and to teach the skill, no matter how simple.

Employers would pass along the loss to consumers.

I said overall for all products overall (the change in cost) and the change in cost for a head of lettuce (because that is the example you chose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
So you're saying you have no proof of this hypotheical being any other than a positive? I've seen proof to prove it so. Maybe someone else can, anyone?
No, if it is hypothetical, any answer will do.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post

No, if it is hypothetical, any answer will do.
Yet not in line with what the topic is so I disagree...there has been no hypothetical response to the specifics of the topic.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I often hear the argument that if illegal aliens were to be removed, so many businesses would fold. Can anyone show me how that would occur? I am seriously looking for the negatives in the event of reversing this mass influx of illegal aliens by giving a scenario of them leaving all at once.as a worst case.

Businesses?
Housing?
Social Service?
etc..

I agree about the positives of them leaving, yet want to hear the negatives of them leaving. Anyone? Now's the chance for many opposing mass deportation to tell us why? I have read that deportation would cost too much. Compare it to the savings from the drain of them being here. There are many out there on a calculative basis smarter than me so I'm sincerely looking for a valid answer.
This news accout was posted by arizonabear...

Food City closings reflect dwindling Latino Population-
The decision by Bashas' Supermarkets to close three Food City stores illustrates how much businesses that cater to the Hispanic community are suffering as the economy and immigration crackdowns have driven Latinos out of Arizona.
No one knows exactly how many Latinos have left the state, but advocates, business owners and experts who track the Latino market believe the number is significant. The collapse of the state's economy eliminated many labor jobs tied to growth industries.

Food City closings reflect dwindling (probable illegal) Latino population

I may add that the checker at Food City not only lost her job, but she is now unable to spend money at other local businesses. all business in the area feel the effect.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Bascially we would save million in signs cost alone and enough trees on those spanish duplicate papers.But spray paint sales would drop ;that's for sure.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Number one, theories are never impossible, they are theories, opinions compiled from thoughts, due to informative "proofs", escalating beyond the scope of fact. Please do not debate me on this as it is a miniscule point regarding the topic.

Please read back to what this post is asking, I have yet to read one point worthy of exploration regarding a negative of mass deportation, hence suggessting it be a positive.
Words have meaning...thats why is wrote Near impossible. If you wish not to debate, simple dont answer back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration