Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Call it whatever you want. But if you want to sell your product here, then it should be made here. BTW, Do you realize how many of these shipped in loads of mexican product are also carrying illegals into the Country? it's over 15 percent!!!
15% of mexican products have mexicans attached?

By what law would you force anyone to sell US products...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM

411 posts, read 468,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucutu View Post
When things are the way they are now, what we need is higher productivity in order to keep the engine running, I have seen what Thatone guy refers to, and he is absolutely right. We have become so soft, that during this recession, instead of getting creative, we have become passive, waiting for unemployment, record numbers of disability
claims, etc., while the migrant workers stepped to the plate providing
honest, efficient labor at a reasonable cost, I'll give you an example, my brother owns a small restaurant, he is opposed to ilegal immigration, recently had a problem with his plumbing at the restaurant, got estimates from two local plumbers, the smallest one for $2000.00 in labor, roughly what he makes in three weeks of hard work for 12 hours per day, and could not afford, then brought an undocumented person who did a magnificent job that took him less than 6 hours and charged him $200.00.
My brother was telling me afterwards; "you know, some people call these
migrant workers "criminals" but the real criminals are our own people trying to rip us off all the time, what makes a high school educated man like me think that he deserves a brain surgeon's salary?"
Listen, our economy is in survival mode, and we can use all the help we can.....

I agree, to call them criminal sounds like right wing extremists rethoric, here in Phoenix, paradoxically, as the recession worsens, we have become more dependent on migrant workers, although I see some mainstream contractors adjusting their rates, they don't come close to the "bang for your buck" of the migrants.....

Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I agree, to call them criminal sounds like right wing extremists rethoric, here in Phoenix, paradoxically, as the recession worsens, we have become more dependent on migrant workers, although I see some mainstream contractors adjusting their rates, they don't come close to the "bang for your buck" of the migrants.....

You have absolutely no understanding of the economy. I would read up on it before making false statements and making a fool out of myself.

Also, they are criminals and a burden to Americans. We do not need uneducated people coming in. If you fail in Mexico, you will fail anywhere.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM

418 posts, read 487,849 times
Quote:
Our economy continues struggling like never before since the great depression. A great jump start would be by increasing the local production, and increase home sales, both of which would increase significantly by bringing these millions of hard workes into the mainstream economy, they are going to stay here anyway.......
NAFTA

YouTube - The Wonderful World of NAFTA (Part 1/2)

YouTube - The Wonderful World of NAFTA (Part 2/2)

Old 03-03-2010, 01:29 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Amnesty is the ...

Quote:
Our economy continues struggling like never before since the great depression. A great jump start would be by increasing the local production, and increase home sales, both of which would increase significantly by bringing these millions of hard workes into the mainstream economy, they are going to stay here anyway.......

That would mean deporting all of the illegal aliens back to Mexico and other places they have moved from so the American public would once again have the jobs the illegals are working. Sounds like a good plan to me too, but I don't think amnesty is the word you want to use. Illegal aliens means just that, they are here illegally. In other words, they are criminals living in our country, but not put in a prison yet. They are going to stay here anyway, like you say, because they don't care if they are breaking the law. I say stop welfare payments, medical help, free schooling, and all the other freebees they now enjoy, that alone will help our economy.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:34 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Another thought: The US Border Patrol needs to be armed with bigger, and better firearms and taught how to use them.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:35 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
or the incompetent construction worksmanship.

a lot of illegal immigrant labor is just a warm body in the construction industry. if they were successful construction workers, they probably could find work in their own country. mexico is not a 3rd world country and actually are classified as a "big emerging market".

the fact that they are a "big emerging market" on the backs of americans is not lost on americans.

Mexico, the 14th largest economy in the world, and second largest trading partner of the United States, had $11 billion in foreign direct investment, and received $23.9 billion in remittances in 2007. (and with typical government competence, when you pull up the USAID page on mexico for 2009 you get the 2007 statistics).

it is pretty easy to grow your economy when you get direct aid from the US and can ship out your excess labor population to the US and force it to be an american burden.

Last edited by floridasandy; 03-03-2010 at 03:46 AM..

Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Try again. I live here in the Phx area and those losers (illegal aliens) are continuing to leave----------judging by the huge numbers of empty housing units, storefronts, declining school enrollment, etc. in areas filled with the above. Many Mexican Americans avoid the barrio themed places (Food City, etc.) for obvious reasons.

Face it; Latin King, your attempts to spin the deteriorating situation for illegal aliens here is ludicrous at best.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:35 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Ya, nothing more enjoyable than having to rip out a remodel cause it was not up to code. It's a lot more fun paying for a remodel twice than using legal labor and permits the first time around.

But ya, those stupid codes aren't for any purpose like keeping your house from burning down or anything.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 PM

411 posts, read 468,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
or the incompetent construction worksmanship.

a lot of illegal immigrant labor is just a warm body in the construction industry. if they were successful construction workers, they probably could find work in their own country. mexico is not a 3rd world country and actually are classified as a "big emerging market".

the fact that they are a "big emerging market" on the backs of americans is not lost on americans.

Mexico, the 14th largest economy in the world, and second largest trading partner of the United States, had $11 billion in foreign direct investment, and received $23.9 billion in remittances in 2007. (and with typical government competence, when you pull up the USAID page on mexico for 2009 you get the 2007 statistics).

it is pretty easy to grow your economy when you get direct aid from the US and can ship out your excess labor population to the US and force it to be an american burden.

I understand that this is an emotional issue, but beleive me, for the thousands of employers that depend at least partially on migrant workers for their survival, the migrant workers are a blessing, and in turn they benefit the national economy since it allows some industries to stay afloat
right here in the USA, instead of being outsourced like so much of our economy, but of course, there will always be people in denial.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration