Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM

411 posts, read 468,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If the Illegal workers are such Heros, the why is our Economy still in the toilet?.

Yes,, which became epidemic the economy is still struggling, but without the cost efficient labor of the migrant workers and hispanics in general we would be in deep depression by now. Listen to this for example, I am a businessman in Phoenix, recently attended a dinner by the local chamber of commerce, found myself talking to a very interesting man from the northeast, he told me that he had to move his manufacturing plant from Upstate NY to El Paso TX, because he could no longer operate with the huge workers comp premiums due to the high incidence of claims from the employees, added to the fact that when working these employees were an obstruction to production, in El Paso, his work force is > 90%
hispanic with a small portion undocumented, stating that payroll has gone down only 10% per capita compare to his operation in NY, however profits are up about 500%.
You know, people have it so wrong, it is not that immigrants work for slave wages, the big difference is their work ethics, and lack of litiginous spirit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 08:00 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Yes,, which became epidemic the economy is still struggling, but without the cost efficient labor of the migrant workers and hispanics in general we would be in deep depression by now. Listen to this for example, I am a businessman in Phoenix, recently attended a dinner by the local chamber of commerce, found myself talking to a very interesting man from the northeast, he told me that he had to move his manufacturing plant from Upstate NY to El Paso TX, because he could no longer operate with the huge workers comp premiums due to the high incidence of claims from the employees, added to the fact that when working these employees were an obstruction to production, in El Paso, his work force is > 90%
hispanic with a small portion undocumented, stating that payroll has gone down only 10% per capita compare to his operation in NY, however profits are up about 500%.
You know, people have it so wrong, it is not that immigrants work for slave wages, the big difference is their work ethics, and lack of litiginous spirit.....
So I hope you got his address and are calling ICE on that company. It's businesses like his that have caused this nation's economy to crash. What part of that do you not get?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
You said only a small portion of these workers are illegal aliens so how is that making a "big" difference? You are stereotyping again. No ethnic group has the corner of the market on work ethics. In fact is it racist stereotyping IMO. Anyone who is ok with hiring or is ok with others hiring illegal aliens is not a loyal, law abiding American.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
As if we believe this.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
That doesn't answer my question.

Moderator cut: personal attack

I had a Business in SoCal for 19 yr's with a sign out front that said
"NO ENGLISH
.NO REPAIR!"

I made more money without them because I didn't have to waste time guessing what was being said. So I had more time to work on legal customers equipment.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2010 at 07:03 AM..

Old 03-06-2010, 08:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
hispanic with a small portion undocumented
stating that payroll has gone down only 10% per capita compare to his operation in NY, however profits are up about 500%.
So, it’s not just illegal aliens, but “Hispanics in general.†How interesting. This man relocated his manufacturing plant for two reasons. . . greed and cheap labor. What happened to the previous employees? Oh, that’s right, they filed too many workers’ comp claims. Better relocate to an area populated by more illegals and “Hispanics in general,†because they won’t file claims if they’re injured. I wonder why?

This is total BS. Work ethic, less litigious. Give me a break. Perhaps you don’t realize it isn’t “litigious†to file a workers’ comp claim. It is a “legal†requirement when injured on the job. Otherwise, the employer will be in non-compliance with OSHA. Of course, unscrupulous employers of illegals prefer to ignore OSHA regulations. Thus, they don’t carry worker’s comp insurance, file claims, or maintain injury/illness logs. They also have a problem with FUTA and SUTA. Let’s not forget a little agency called the IRS. They really have a problem with them.

Let me tell you, I have extensive experience with a large (legal) Hispanic workforce, and their work ethic is no better or worse than any other group of employees. As for workers’ comp claims, Hispanics filed plenty. As a matter of fact, one guy, with the last name Martinez, filed at least 1 claim per week. He once filed a claim after he spilled hot cocoa on his hand while removing his cup from the microwave. I’m sure you’ve heard of “frequent flyers,†well he was a “frequent filer.†We even nicknamed him “W.C. Martinez.†The guy worked in hospital arts & crafts, yet you would have thought he was operating heavy equipment, or working with hazardous material. So, please spare us. I know better.

Ethnocentric. Who woulda thunk?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And if said illegals from Mexico at least were so damn good, how come Mexico is not a First World society?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, why doesn't their country want them?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Moderator cut: personal attack
BTW, the man in question you talk about, was lying to you. He didn't tell you about the t.i.f. money so he pays no taxes for moving his business. He also forgot to mention he doesn't give out bonuses in el paso compared to ny. That's where he is really making the extra money. But it also shows the pure greed on his part, that he was still MAKING MONEY IN NY!!!! And the fact if he started from nothing to build his customer base, he would have to do it from ny again.

One more thing, what is the name of your company in Phoenix?

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2010 at 07:05 AM..

Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 AM

73 posts, read 85,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If the Illegal workers are such Heros, the why is our Economy still in the toilet?.
Yes, the economy's in the toilet and has been in the toilet for the last 20, 40, 100, 150, 200 years because of immigration. Except when our economy has put our competitor's economy in the toilet for the last 20, 40, 100, 150, 200 years because of immigration. The truth is so self-evident. Look it up [then laugh with me.].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration