Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 PM

67 posts, read 113,693 times

Advertisements

I am so moving out of Los Angeles and California and America lol. I can't stand how things run here and this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 12:29 AM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb112 View Post
I am so moving out of Los Angeles and California and America lol. I can't stand how things run here and this city.
Tell Arnold "I won't be back!"

Old 06-05-2010, 12:39 AM

425 posts, read 1,955,646 times
Default Let me get my violin...

The dating scene can be tough, but I think that can be said for many other places. Really, I think it has more to do with the person. With your attitude, it's no wonder you're still single. You're obviously a negative person because you're not happy with your life and yourself and people pick up on such things.

The problem really isn't Los Angeles, it's you. Nothing wrong with that. People will fit differently in different places.

On the note of sales taxes, please. Do you know what the sales tax in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is? 9%. So don't come in here whining about LA's sales taxes and how poorly run it is. Especially given how poorly Louisiana has been run for decades. If you think Los Angeles is the only place with problems, when you do move home, make sure you keep your rose-tinted glasses off and you'll see there are problems there, too.

Also, please don't speak for all women. Just because you're miserable doesn't mean we all are. You don't know what other people want and what makes them happy.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:17 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,064 times
For me personally, I really like this place a lot now. I used to be like what the OP is saying. I have no intentions of leaving anytime soon. Yes LA has problems like any other city but I CHOOSE to not focus on the negatives. Obviously some love LA and others don't. I hope the OP is going to be happier where ever she goes to.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:38 AM

40 posts, read 116,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
If you can not afford to live in California than by all means move back to the South. The reason it is cheaper to live there is that not everyone wants to live in that kind of environment. Evidently you would not be able to live in many large U.S. cities and some other states [most notably states on the West Coast including Hawaii as well as states in the Northeast]. Why should we feel sorry for you? If you can't afford to live in Los Angeles than please move elsewhere but do you think that complaining about California is going to automatically lower housing prices?

Personally, I find it very odd that a person making a 6-digit salary can't find a comfortable home in LA but I've noticed that this is your first post so the likelihood of you being an impostor has to be considered.
It would be nice if you addressed the realities of what she's saying rather than criticize her for saying it.

There's a lot of truth to what's she's complaining about in LA and no amount of buttering of it from you is going to change that. Perhaps you think LA is affordable....I don't know...perhaps you're rich or your family is rich...I don't know.

But the fact of the matter is that even though there are many other cities that are expensive and desirable to live in like LA, you get more bang for your back as far as quality of life goes. So why are you disputing that?

She's making a point...and you're complaining about why she's making a point?

Old 06-05-2010, 01:59 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People from radically different areas often have a hard time adjusting.. I'd feel the same way if I moved to the South. I'm just saying.
I agree totally. Despite all the flaws within our state and within the LA Metro area, I don't think I'd fit in too well in another state ... Especially those cities that do not invest in mass transit. I may be conservative on many issues but mass transit is one area that I disagree with conservatism.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
If you make over 100,000 per year and are poor you might want to check your spending habits.

I make way less than that and I still save quite a bit.
Same here.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,489 times
Hell, I wish I could have earned $100k when I was 30.
As Cat Stevens wrote “the answer lies within”.
When you look out at the world and see what you have and not what you don't have you stand a chance of being happy.
Whatever brought you to LA is still here and much, much more that you have never dreamed about, just get out and find it.
I hope you find your way, whatever it will be. Good Luck.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 AM

5 posts, read 8,635 times
Default Why I'm Leaving Los Angeles

Los Angeles is a amazing city for all entertainment.such as a game,music event...etc.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
If you make over 100,000 per year and are poor you might want to check your spending habits.

I make way less than that and I still save quite a bit.
From her linked post, she no longer makes 100k. She lost her job.

But you're right, 100k for a single person should be a nice income even in LA. Problem with some of these 100k jobs is, they may not be sustainable. It boils down to what industry you're in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles