Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: BEST PART OF STATE TO LIVE IN
NORTH OF CONCORD 186 58.13%
CONCORD AND SOUTH 134 41.88%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:41 PM

372 posts, read 808,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarynO View Post
I am from Mass living in New Hampton and to contradict some prior postings, I am one of the few people on my road that keep my yard clean and bother to plant flowers and bushes around the foundation of my house....some of the "local charm" on my street is quite spectacular, including a broken snowblower on my neighbor's roof that has been there now for about six years.

On the town issue...Bristol should be a beautiful lake town, however, the spirit is dismal, and the town is loaded with alcoholics and drugs. The place is low class, schools are rated low and the cops are jerks to boot...and I generally hold the police in high regard.

Meredith is a much better choice.
Hey KarynO I like you am a transplant. I came from NY and lived in Bristol for about 6 months, moved to Laconia and lived there for about 3 yrs. I enjoyed the area over there being by the lake. I know live over by Newport/Claremont area and have to agree about the poeple and the cops. The other thing is that you don't just find them in Bristol, they are all over. from people that don't know how to use a turn lane to those that havn't figured out that you can turm right on red. I am actually looking to leave NH for something better,( al least in my eyes ). Somewhere that the people know how to drive a little better and have more roads to get from one place to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 13,684 times
Default I don't mean to be mean but.....

I don't mean to be mean but these forums are exactly why I take everything people say with regards to good places to live with a grain of salt because everyone has their own opinions and everywhere that a person does NOT live is not as "good" as where they actually do live....human nature.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM

885 posts, read 2,660,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdecember82 View Post
I don't mean to be mean but these forums are exactly why I take everything people say with regards to good places to live with a grain of salt because everyone has their own opinions and everywhere that a person does NOT live is not as "good" as where they actually do live....human nature.
I live in NH. I would rather live in Fiji.

Am I the only exception to your rule?

Old 03-14-2009, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 5,804 times
NH is great! I've lived here my whole life, but it's not like I haven't been to other states or countries. People who pick it apart need to find a hobby because like ANYWHERE else in the world there is going to be "bad sections" (some more severe than others), there are going to be "high tax areas", there are going to be "run down & not so appealing areas", but at the end of the day you just have to do research and find the right place for you. If you want to be close to MA and near the ocean, go for Portsmouth or Rye. If you want to be around the Lake, go for Gilford, Wolfeboro, or Alton. If you want to hike, hunt, camp, fish, etc. go for the white mountains. All of these areas have towns with different things to offer.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM

11 posts, read 28,480 times
franklin, pittsfield, nashua, franklin.......

Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynnsoucy View Post
I'm sure you all know this by now, but Manchester is no good! (inner city anyway) Nashua too. SOOOO many punks here, rude obnoxious people, every time you turn around there's a new building going up, too many people already we don't need more apartment buildings!!

My dream home will be in Pittsburg someday. It's peaceful, quiet and not a rude soul to be found. It's also a plus that 80% of the land is protected so you know there will be no over-crowding.
Really? I have lived in Manchester all of my life, true there are sections of the city where one would be best to avoid but overall one can move about until quite late in the evening with little safety concern. Hvaing moved from the outskirts ( Manchester /Hooksett line) to closer to the center city ( Canal street) I am finding live less a hassle and more enjoyable, with many of the places I like going to within walking distance.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 PM

10 posts, read 21,628 times
Look at Manchester and Nashua. Tell me there are no gangs here. I promise you that they are here.... Demographics have changed folks, and with that change comes higher crime. Something we just have to deal with because 90% of Americans are spineless.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:12 PM

817 posts, read 2,188,375 times
An awful lot of them are arming themselves lately. Maybe they're getting sick of being spineless (we can hope).

Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 PM

105 posts, read 208,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbardpt View Post
Look at Manchester and Nashua. Tell me there are no gangs here. I promise you that they are here.... Demographics have changed folks, and with that change comes higher crime. Something we just have to deal with because 90% of Americans are spineless.
Sure there are gangs--Manchester and Nashua are the two largest cities in the state. However, just like anywhere, if you're not involved in the drug trade or other seamy elements of society, the chances of having any interaction with gang members are very, very small. In the scheme of things, NH is still an overwhelmingly safe state.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 AM

62 posts, read 191,847 times
Default Thing are relative, you know :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbardpt View Post
Being interested in relocating to NH, I appreciate this forum and the people participate here.
When I look at the http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#2] for comparing OVERALL (344 METROPOLITAN AREAS], I find "Manchester-Nashua, NH" in the 24th place on the safest cities list.
The same picture arise from every site I check: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
and so on.
I am sure thing are even better as you go north (of Concord) but then you lose other qualities you might be looking for, isn't it?

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire