Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
I took a few pictures, the first ones taken from our front yard (Summer Dr) and the last ones taken at the Fire Station where everyone ended up.
NanBiz Network

It's afternoon here (1:00), and the wind has picked up slightly. I'm watching the horizon west of us. Nothing billowing. Hearing planes and heavy equipment.

Fingers crossed!

Nanette & John
Nan, great pictures. Thanks for helping out answering questions.
See you in June.
Jane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Calcite over by the park is not in the evacuation area as of yet so you're okay.
Jane just called and said she heard that I was still needing to evacuate again. Don't know yet.
Yesterday people were coming here and saying to leave and nobody today so far.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRIGANCE View Post
Have a place on calcite, wondering how close, exactly it is to the area around us. How is the wind at this time, have heard all different speeds and directions. Is anyone allowed in? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!
Calcite is a ways from the fire area. So no worry yet on that.
As for anyone being let in , not sure, Judy or Nan may be able to answer that question.

Lots of information is posted here so just keep checking this site.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 9,327 times
I just talked with one of the Communications ladies and she said that our area and home are still in the evacuation area and people are not allowed to go in, (however some are). The evacuation area includes all the "wood" streets (Buckwood, Norwood, Brownwood, Dixwood, etc) to Coconino, Arapaho, Carson, San Juan, to Pioneer. Let's just pray that the wind doesn't come up this afternoon, that will help greatly to keep the fire contained. This completely surrounds our place on Homewood.

Also, she said that many of the homes were ingulfed in smoke and thought to be on fire but were not. So far only two are confirmed. I believe they are Donna's and Cathy's.
Many thanks to all the coordinated efforts and a great job by all. We can only hope that this will bring the community closer together.
Double EE

Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I hope the wind isn't picking up, like it is forecast to do so on the NM fire info page (to 25 mph from the west). According to it, there is no containment, but the report was dated at about 8:40 am.

Here's hoping it turns out well.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 PM

143 posts, read 364,875 times
Video (http://www.koat.com/video/19397679/index.html - broken link)

is nearly 10 min of arial video ............footage is not always real great.............. but for those of you familiar with Timberon - it may help undertand what // where it has burned.

very sad!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,973 times
Default Online coverage

We have two reporters in and around Timberon covering the fire and have created a resource page on the fire too:
Environment - Wildfires

The information you all are providing on this thread is wonderful. We have also linked to it too.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Update - A house (unoccupied) way up on Norwood burned up.

We were also told things are under control, not completely contained. Firefighters will stay here until Sunday to make sure it is all out.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,925 times
Default Fire information

Can anyone tell me how far the fire is from Coshacion street in unit T-10? Very worried about our home. We live here in El Paso and cannot get any information locally. There is more information coming out of Albq than El Paso. I can only imagine what you all are going through being there. Any information would be helpfull.

God Bless,
Ron Gatlin

Old 05-07-2009, 03:10 PM

20 posts, read 37,325 times
As of 3pm: One more structure, a house, has been lost, on Norwood. I have no more information about it.

Other than that, things are going well. The fire is staying within the established boundaries, in spite of the fact that the wind has picked up some.

The plan, at this time, is that the firefighters will be here until Sunday. There have been NO injuries.

Judy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico