Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 09:46 AM

138 posts, read 979,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickmystir700 View Post
What a joke you are, if you don't like people pissing and moaning about Ohio then don't come into this topic, nobody cares that you love Cleveland, maybe you should concentrate all the energy you spend gloating about the crappy state of ohio on your personal life and you wouldn't feel the need to stay here.
I love Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:12 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,845 times
[quote=Mikieo415;2845523]Not everybody in Ohio is in love with it, so I am starting this post for those who want to leave, or have left to tell us why.

TELL IT LIKE IT IS

1) Current or former Ohio location: Cincinnati (current)

2) Why do you want to leave or have left?: The men I have been meeting leave much to be desired, most of the people I have met are very conservative and closed minded and I am super liberal and down to earth

3) Where outside of Ohio and why: Michigan (Kalamazoo, Ann Arbor, Detroit and its suburbs) because I have many friends there and I love the state and its people (men especially lol)

4) 2nd and 3rd Place Choices: see above lol

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving if you haven't already left?: my job hasnt approved the transfer and I need to save up for the move (like $5,000 for the moving truck and movers, apartment down payments and first months rent)

6) Anything else you want to say? Cincinnati's cost of living is amazing and I would not be where I am today if it wasnt for the opportunity I got moving to Cincinnati but I am lonely and the people I have met just arent people Im used to hanging with. My closest friends here are people not born and raised here. And I dont mean any offense to anyone on here because since I dont know you this doesnt apply to you lol. This applies to people I have met and gotten to know since moving here form Chicago 3 years ago.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,149 times
ohio's a sinking ship. if you want to get out, please do, the state is going in the wrong direction. if you want to stay, have fun and God bless. but please, why all the arguing?

Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 PM

8 posts, read 24,545 times
TELL IT LIKE IT IS

1) Current or former Ohio location: Marion from Akron From Columbus

2) Why do you want to leave or have left?: I left Columbus after graduation to live with my my father. (Absent Parent)

3) Where outside of Ohio and why: No as of yet

4) 2nd and 3rd Place Choices: Florida or Arizonia. I have visited places and I want to go some place warmer.

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving if you haven't already left?: I haven't left yet because I am rasing 3 Children. My first one has 1 more years and the second one has 3yrs. The baby is ready to leave just like me. She hates the cold.

6) Anything else you want to say? I do like being futher South in this state, but If you never leave you wont know what your missing or not missing. I loved AZ the best and I landed there for job training. I know that I can always go back to that company, and relocate there if need be

Old 10-15-2008, 02:15 PM

8 posts, read 24,545 times
I have a sister there and she loves it.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM

605 posts, read 1,843,062 times
Guys move to Chicago!!!
its a big city with lots of jobs, and is midwestern and close to home!!!!!
or DETROIT

Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutt View Post
Guys move to Chicago!!!
or DETROIT
you're not serious about Detroit are you? That is one place that is definitely in worse shape than any city in Ohio.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:18 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutt View Post
Guys move to Chicago!!!
or DETROIT
whoo! im from Chicago and trying to go to Detroit You are after my heart

Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
whoo! im from Chicago and trying to go to Detroit You are after my heart
I love the D too, but it's going down the wrong road to nowhere faster than any other major US city.

There are talks of GM going under too, this doesn't help.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 PM

17 posts, read 61,110 times
Default Am I crazy??

Looking through this and have seen several people wishing to leave OH for NC. Well, I just purchased a home in New Middletown and will be moving there in a couple weeks from Raleigh, NC. I am bringing my job with me and working from home, but it scares me to think what would happen if I lost it and the stories of no or very low paying jobs. My wife works in geriatrics and i believe there are plenty of older folks around there. We are coming b/c of family reasons. Our family is in Western PA but the taxes and subpar housing we were seeing pushed us over the line. From what I have seen Poland is very nice but a bit cramped for us, Boardman has the things we are used to having around (Barnes and Noble, shopping, etc) but the schools are too big. Springfield Twp seems like it may grow some, we got a big lot, and nice house. So have we made a terrible mistake or what??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio