Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 10:41 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzeran View Post
The only thing I hate is the relentless heat (like many others) but that's really my only complaint. The city serves my needs and the weekend trips are fun. If only it would just cool down at night during this time of year I wouldn't care, but it's 100 morning until late evening, that crap sucks period.
Newsflash, Oz: you're currently living in a DESERT.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:43 AM

872 posts, read 1,000,222 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm weighing that option now, I just can't make up my mind where I want to live.

I thought about Denver but I don't think I would want to deal with the bi-polar weather there not to mention cost of living. Same with Seattle (not proper) expensive but weather more my type.

I moved here with my job, I never ever wanted to live in Phoenix but I looked up all the outdoor recreation and places to visit and I jumped.

The only thing I hate is the relentless heat (like many others) but that's really my only complaint. The city serves my needs and the weekend trips are fun. If only it would just cool down at night during this time of year I wouldn't care, but it's 100 morning until late evening, that crap sucks period.

I'm from D/FW so I don't think I will going back there either, lol.
To be honest, I'd rather live in a place I can afford and where my money goes further. Why live in a nice climate but live paycheck to paycheck? I'd rather not have my paradise turn to hell

July-September enduring heat here is worth it

Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 AM

61 posts, read 48,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Newsflash, Oz: you're currently living in a DESERT.
I know that, but this is a desert with the urban heat island effect so it doesn't cool off at night. There is a difference between Phoenix and the same desert that doesn't have concrete all over the place.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:23 AM

8,045 posts, read 12,271,874 times
Quote:
I know where you're coming from. The summer heat & the overall dry climate here are NOT my favorite things about Phoenix ... however, as I've said many times before, I was born & raised here, and I continue to live here for more important reasons than the weather.

Quote:
I'm from D/FW so I don't think I will going back there either, lol.
The heat in much of Texas can be just as bad or worse than here. Dallas seems to easily exceed 105 degrees this time of year, and then there's the added humidity to make it even more uncomfortable. One thing I don't like about Texas (or much of the Plains or Midwest for that matter) is there aren't many cooler destinations for relief. At least here, we have high mountainous areas within 100 to 200 miles that are easy getaways, and can be 30 degrees cooler.

Quote:
I know that, but this is a desert with the urban heat island effect so it doesn't cool off at night. There is a difference between Phoenix and the same desert that doesn't have concrete all over the place.
Very true. It used to be noticeably cooler at night a long time ago when this was a less populated area, and there was more agriculture. The millions of people who have moved here since then have helped create this urban heat island.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:09 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
And yet, if today's Phoenix's (and other modern cities'/societies') infrastructure weren't provided with concrete and asphalt, then we'd be hearing complaints from different voices, wouldn't we?

What do you propose?

Old 07-25-2018, 12:29 PM

61 posts, read 48,303 times
I don't propose anything, why bring that up, oh because you are the typical internet troll that has no common sense. Of course it needs concrete and asphalt, you just brought up I live in a Desert, I simply stated the difference between here and 70 miles either direction away from the city as it's not the Deserts fault it doesn't cool down as you implied.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:42 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't live there but I figure in the Midwest, you stay indoors most of the winter and in the southeast, you stay in during the summer. No place is perfect.
In the Southwest I'm outside all summer in the pool!

Old 08-07-2018, 12:32 AM

202 posts, read 220,297 times
Because it's cheaper than California

Old 08-07-2018, 01:20 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Just pulled up the map of city's and it's 12:18 AM Phoenix is still the hottest city in the nation 98F all the talk about how bad the heat is in Texas, or other places doesn't compare to Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
If Phoenix is that hot, why do so many move there?-capture.jpg  

Old 08-07-2018, 05:35 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
because it's a dry 120 degrees they say ....lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area