Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 02:16 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times

Advertisements

Heat index here in Phoenix can spike sometimes to the highest in the nation most places back east cool off at night drop into the 70's where Phoenix low can be 90.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:30 AM

277 posts, read 276,641 times
I’m confused what this conversation is about Phoenix is one of the hottest cities on earth and always will be.

Either you don’t mind the heat and like it better than cold weather or you don’t.

That’s really all there is to it

Old 07-07-2018, 10:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,738,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Heat index here in Phoenix can spike sometimes to the highest in the nation most places back east cool off at night drop into the 70's where Phoenix low can be 90.
Sometimes 90sbut not usually, it’s almost always in the 80s with the exception of the hottest days of the year once the humidity kicks up from the monsoon. When it’s dry the lows are usually quite nice. The current forecast for next has 3 days with highs below 100 but I’m sure it’s not going to feel better than 106-108 with dry air.

The other big difference of course is you drive 70-100 miles north or northeast from here and it’s 20-30 degrees cooler, places back east don’t have that luxury, I learned quickly how much I took that for granted after a few years living out east. No thanks.

Hopefully we get some rain up north and in the valley!

Old 07-07-2018, 11:10 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
If Phoenix is that hot, why do so many move there?
^ The Thread That Refuses to Die since 2010! ^

I wonder if this is a record for City-Data stubborn zombie threads?

As it is... weather threads are the Never-Say-Die of all other Arizona threads!

Wow...

Old 07-07-2018, 03:30 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,271,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
The current forecast for next has 3 days with highs below 100 but I’m sure it’s not going to feel better than 106-108 with dry air.
What forecast are you looking at: the one for Prescott??? The high temps are expected to drop below 110 and possibly down into the lower 100s next week, but there is no mention of sub 100s anywhere in the Phoenix metro area. Also, even if the highs drop below 100 with higher humidity, it could be much more pleasant if there is cloud cover ... that makes a huge difference. If the sun is out in full blast, the highs will likely stay well above 100 and it feels more oppressive. That's why I say the sun can be much more of a problem than the outdoor temperatures. Cloudy days are a welcome respite.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:23 PM

277 posts, read 276,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
What forecast are you looking at: the one for Prescott??? The high temps are expected to drop below 110 and possibly down into the lower 100s next week, but there is no mention of sub 100s anywhere in the Phoenix metro area. Also, even if the highs drop below 100 with higher humidity, it could be much more pleasant if there is cloud cover ... that makes a huge difference. If the sun is out in full blast, the highs will likely stay well above 100 and it feels more oppressive. That's why I say the sun can be much more of a problem than the outdoor temperatures. Cloudy days are a welcome respite.
My phone says 90’s all week for highs

Old 07-07-2018, 09:56 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,151,444 times
Quote:
Actually...Chandler should be 99 on Wed/Thurs with a chance of rain. Take that with a grain of salt...NEVER trust the forecast over 3 days out...but there it is.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:56 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,738,502 times
Quote:
This crazy little website called weather.com.

Preskit actually has highs in the 70s next week.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:13 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
I heard them as well and looking at the 5day moisture maps you can see the tropical air marching closer and closer to the valley.

That doesn’t surprise me, I spent many years in the northeast and still quite prefer Phoenix even after 13 summers here or so. The one drawback for me on monsoon season is the elevated humidity levels, granted I know it can be way worse but I’m a desert rat from birth and dry air has always felt normal and better to me.

How elevated are the humidity levels? Living in Florida where our humidity is super high I am curious as to what people from Arizona consider humid.

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 07-08-2018 at 06:41 AM..

Old 07-08-2018, 06:27 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
I agree with you. If it's freezing cold outside you've usually also got sleet or snow to contend with so you're not likely to be spending much time outside anyway.

Is there such a thing as reverse SAD (seasonal affective disorder?) My mood brightens on a cloudy day, especially with the prospect of rain here in the valley.

There must be because I feel the same living in SW Florida. I stay indoors a lot from June-October and do anything outdoors early in the day. I even go grocery shopping at 9 a.m. Can't really plan on doing much outside in late afternoon or early evening because of our severe thunderstorms. When the weather starts getting nice we have to contend with the snowbirds and tourists. I'm sure it's the same there only yours are from a different part of the country. I doubt there is a perfect place here in the USA weather wise. I remember a few years ago googling the city with the least natural disasters and I got two cities in OHIO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area