Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 11:55 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm enjoying all this proof that fewer and fewer American Jews are likely to vote Red. Keep it up.....

Old 08-22-2019, 12:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I'm enjoying all this proof that fewer and fewer American Jews are likely to vote Red. Keep it up.....
The anti-Semitic liberals on this forum are enough to convince you of that? I've spoken to American Jews who are MORE likely to vote Red in light of the Democrats' embrace, defense, excuses for, whatever, of "progressives" like Omar and Tlaib. My sister and I spoke this morning, and she said Trump was correct - that a vote for the Democrats IS a vote against Israel. It's so obvious.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The anti-Semitic liberals on this forum are enough to convince you of that? I've spoken to American Jews who are MORE likely to vote Red in light of the Democrats' embrace, defense, excuses for, whatever, of "progressives" like Omar and Tlaib. My sister and I spoke this morning, and she said Trump was correct - that a vote for the Democrats IS a vote against Israel. It's so obvious.
And the US. Democrats have "dual disloyalty" lol.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:06 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
True. And Omar and Tlaib support a movement that seeks as its ultimate goal the destruction of Israel. (That's the one-state solution they favor, which anyone with a brain knows will wipe out Israel within a generation or two.) Some other Democrat lawmakers are talking about withholding aid from Israel. Other Democrat lawmakers, in support of Omar and Tlaib's positions, refuse to stand up for Israel's continuing existence.

I just spoke with a Jewish friend this morning, and he said he thought what Trump said was correct - that Jews who vote for the Democrats, in light of their strong turn against Israel, ARE being disloyal to the Jewish people and to Israel (although you liberals on this thread won't see it that way) - and that he is appalled that liberals are so angry at Jews who vote for the pro-Israel party. I say this so liberals know that their rage at Jews who strongly support Israel is not only upside down, but that it can backfire. Bigly. In Florida. Swing state. Hello again...…..President Trump.

Liberals have handed down the edict, apparently: Jews are loyal to America only if they are pro-Palestinian. If they are pro-Israel, as in wanting it to exist, they are somehow disloyal to America.

What is the Republican party doing to ensure I continue to have access to health insurance as a young adult cancer survivor? Where is the plan?

What is the Republican party doing to ensure that I continue to have full rights and agency to make medical decisions about my body?

What is the Republican party doing to address the need for environmental protection and combat climate change?

What is the Republican party doing to address growing income inequality in the US?

I'm not a single-issue voter, and if I was, about 78th on my list of priorities is Israel. I'm pleased you have been so blessed in your life that you have the privilege of prioritizing Israel over more pressing personal needs needs, but I can't ignore practicalities.

The Democratic party as a whole is very pro-Israel. It's absolutely laughable to call the party "pro-Palestinian." I'd argue they're not pro-Palestinian enough, though that might force you to call me a self-hating Jew because in your mind one can't be both pro-Israel and pro-Palestine. A handful of Congresspeople are not. They have been made to apologize for their antisemitic comments. Where is your demand for Trump to apologize?

Old 08-22-2019, 12:07 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
True. And Omar and Tlaib support a movement that seeks as its ultimate goal the destruction of Israel. (That's the one-state solution they favor, which anyone with a brain knows will wipe out Israel within a generation or two.) Some other Democrat lawmakers are talking about withholding aid from Israel. Other Democrat lawmakers, in support of Omar and Tlaib's positions, refuse to stand up for Israel's continuing existence.

I just spoke with a Jewish friend this morning, and he said he thought what Trump said was correct - that Jews who vote for the Democrats, in light of their strong turn against Israel, ARE being disloyal to the Jewish people and to Israel (although you liberals on this thread won't see it that way) - and that he is appalled that liberals are so angry at Jews who vote for the pro-Israel party. I say this so liberals know that their rage at Jews who strongly support Israel is not only upside down, but that it can backfire. Bigly. In Florida. Swing state. Hello again...…..President Trump.

Liberals have handed down the edict, apparently: Jews are loyal to America only if they are pro-Palestinian. If they are pro-Israel, as in wanting it to exist, they are somehow disloyal to America.
If it wasn't Trump saying American Jews are loyal to Israel, you'd be calling for resolutions denouncing whoever made that claim.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:

I work in a Jewish workplace. Can't find a single one who isn't disgusted by Trump's words, and that includes colleagues who consider themselves Republican.

Then again, we are currently dealing with staff members being doxxed by a radical right wing white supremacist group, so maybe they just have more pressing matters than to do an Olympic's level mental gymnastics routine to justify the lack of responsibility being taken by Trump and his supporters.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
I've told him before that his comments about Jewish power brokers are antisemitic! Surprised? But if my choice is between someone who advances antisemitic tropes and IS in support of Israel, and someone who advances antisemitic tropes (like Omar) and is on the side of those who want to destroy Israel, I choose the former. ESPECIALLY when the latter is an official member of Congress, with legislative influence.

I sure hope you're not implying that I don't call out antisemitic tropes when they're by Republicans. But I refuse to pretend that there aren't an awful lot of antisemitic "enablers" on the Democrat side - and they are the ones who want to wipe the Jewish state out to sea.
Well, you've been pretty silent with your comments to TomLennox 70.

And yes, I am not only implying, but saying explicitly that you do look the other way when its folks on "your side" - it's called double standards.

May I also add that back at home, it's not folks like Omar and Talib who are shooting up synagogues. But you knew that.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:23 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What is the Republican party doing to ensure I continue to have access to health insurance as a young adult cancer survivor? Where is the plan?

What is the Republican party doing to ensure that I continue to have full rights and agency to make medical decisions about my body?

What is the Republican party doing to address the need for environmental protection and combat climate change?

What is the Republican party doing to address growing income inequality in the US?

I'm not a single-issue voter, and if I was, about 78th on my list of priorities is Israel. I'm pleased you have been so blessed in your life that you have the privilege of prioritizing Israel over more pressing personal needs needs, but I can't ignore practicalities.

The Democratic party as a whole is very pro-Israel. It's absolutely laughable to call the party "pro-Palestinian." I'd argue they're not pro-Palestinian enough, though that might force you to call me a self-hating Jew because in your mind one can't be both pro-Israel and pro-Palestine. A handful of Congresspeople are not. They have been made to apologize for their antisemitic comments. Where is your demand for Trump to apologize?
I'm not a single issue voter either, believe it or not. My primary issue is the infux of illegal immigrants, and the Democrats' enabling of it via "sanctuary cities," promises of health care, laws that allow owners of single family houses to build backyard dwellings for illegal to rent, having groups like Casa de Maryland to provide legal funds to help criminal illegals from deportation, etc., etc.

As far as your other comments, I've been over and over this with liberal Jews before. You fail to see that the issues that you think are most important - climate change, income equality, etc., etc. - are not what everyone thinks are most important. Republicans see it differently - that the bribes going out for votes - reparations, student debt excused, free house downpayments, etc., etc., combined with the open borders attitude, will destroy the country in a single generation, or less.

I vote for the survival of America AND the survival of Israel. Both are more likely with a vote for the Republicans.

And how do you know how blessed I've been in life? For all you know, it took me six years to work my way through college and then live in a dump the first couple of years after graduation. Just because I'm a Republican doesn't mean I've been privileged. Most Republicans are, in fact, hard-working working class people.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:27 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
I have spoken to several of my Jewish friends and they feel the opposite. They said supporting Trump was disloyal to much of what they believe in as well as disloyal to their Jewish immigrant ancestors (who Trump would never have allowed into the US). They further said that their loyalty was to their country - the United States of America and not to some foreign land they were thousands of years removed from.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I'm not a single issue voter either, believe it or not. My primary issue is the infux of illegal immigrants, and the Democrats' enabling of it via "sanctuary cities," promises of health care, laws that allow owners of single family houses to build backyard dwellings for illegal to rent, having groups like Casa de Maryland to provide legal funds to help criminal illegals from deportation, etc., etc.

As far as your other comments, I've been over and over this with liberal Jews before. You fail to see that the issues that you think are most important - climate change, income equality, etc., etc. - are not what everyone thinks are most important. Republicans see it differently - that the bribes going out for votes - reparations, student debt excused, free house downpayments, etc., etc., combined with the open borders attitude, will destroy the country in a single generation, or less.

I vote for the survival of America AND the survival of Israel. Both are more likely with a vote for the Republicans.

And how do you know how blessed I've been in life? For all you know, it took me six years to work my way through college and then live in a dump the first couple of years after graduation. Just because I'm a Republican doesn't mean I've been privileged. Most Republicans are, in fact, hard-working working class people.

The fact that the bolded is the worst thing you can possibly think of shows me that you have been pretty blessed in life.

You claim you're not a single issue voter, but then also claim you can't understand why liberal Jews would vote for a *slightly* less, but still overwhelmingly pro-Israel party. I don't fail to see that the issues that I think are the most important are not what everyone thinks are most important but I'm not sure why what everyone else thinks matters when I cast my vote at the ballot box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies