U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:24 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,356,271 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Goodness, read it once again.

I did not say this was only in one county, I used the county as an example but also stated for you to look at the prison population across the country.

Very easy to see that every single prison is over loaded with one race and that race has far less total amounts of people.

Heard second hand. Do you research anything at all.

National statistics say the opposite? Prove that statement.
The percentage of males in prisons across the country are blacks by a long shot.

you are ignoring many many factors and I find it ironic that you ask for support to an argument when you only voice personal opinion.

 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:27 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,356,271 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
How many times do I have to prove this?

When I do all I get is the whining and excuses that goes with the FACTS.

Let me make it easy for you.

Fact, there are 70% more white males in America then black males.

Fact, 6.5% of all black males have seen a jail or prison at one time in their life. 1.25% of white males have seen a jail or prison. Even though there are a huge amount more whites then blacks.

Per 100,000 US residents.

4,777 blacks inmates
1,760 hispanic inmates
727 white inmates


Again, even though there are 70% more white males this proves that black males by a huge margin commit more crimes.

So please stop the whining and excuse making.

I now have proven I was right, its your turn to find more excuses for those who actually are crime ridden individuals.

you have proven nothing. You have not supplied where your info comes from, you have ignored other mitigating factors. Not to mention you have entirely ignored the concept of underlying poverty. Perhaps thoose numbers would correlate to the numbers you posted??
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:28 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,356,271 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
There's also the cultural racism within the black community that does not value education and many black kids are discouraged from studying, getting good grades, graduating, and basically "acting like whitey". Again, it's the self-defeatism/crab bucket kind of attitude with many poor black communities that holds them all back. The vicious cycle of teen pregnancy, fatherless families, and high school drop-outs needs to end. Immigrant blacks do not suffer from any of these issues and they thrive in the US, so you can't blame it "systematic racism".

For the record, it's mostly older white men who have lost jobs during this recession than any other group.

do yourself a favor and research the culture of poverty. It may be quite enlightening to you to understand what poverty does to people.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,356,271 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You are young and very idealistic as was I when I was young. You will become much less so as you grow older. I don't mean to sound cynical. You should try to right the wrongs when you find them. But it's not necessarily wrong to screen everyone entering an airport or building. It's not necessarily wrong to stop someone for questioning even if you are not sure they are guilty. It would be a perfect world if we knew who was and who was not the criminals but we do not. Go ahead and shoot for perfection but you won't get there. Life is full of compromise and nothing is perfect.

- Reel

I do believe the constitution of the united states protects all of us from unwarranted stops as well as illegal search and seizure.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,356,271 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
HE seems like another extremist Troll. They all tend to do that once their lies are pointed out or their points shot down.

very true
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 PM
 
44,892 posts, read 43,455,631 times
Reputation: 14484
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
I do believe the constitution of the united states protects all of us from unwarranted stops as well as illegal search and seizure.
According to the Constitution, that is so, but the Constitution has been violated many times before and it doesn't shock me that this happens. It happened with the Japanese-Americans, Aleutians, some German-Americans, Italian-Americans, and other ethnic groups. Whenever people get scared, the Consitituion often takes a back seat for many people.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:00 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,726,934 times
Reputation: 47479
very good post OP but i respectfully disagree, black on black violence is not a racial crime.
but it is a horrible and out of control problem. jesse jackson and bill cosby have tried to use their influence to draw attention to this fact, they did not get thank you notes. nor will you nor i, but we are in good company.
what would dr martin luther king say. a godly and non violent man.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 AM
 
44,892 posts, read 43,455,631 times
Reputation: 14484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
very good post OP but i respectfully disagree, black on black violence is not a racial crime.
but it is a horrible and out of control problem. jesse jackson and bill cosby have tried to use their influence to draw attention to this fact, they did not get thank you notes. nor will you nor i, but we are in good company.
what would dr martin luther king say. a godly and non violent man.
I do agree that Black on Black crime is a serious issue. This issue needs to be resolved because it is hurting African-Americans. Every person should be able to be safe. I think of some of the children who get killed because they were outside one night when a gang shooting started. It is often disturbing how I hear "Black crime" mentioned. I can tell it isn't about empowering African-Americans, or anyone, to solve the problems regarding scary pathologies in their communities, but rather, a "bashfest". If one wants to talk about "Black crime", most crimes committed by African-Americans are often committed against other African-Americans. I rarely hear that mentioned. We need to ask the "how" and "why" about these pathologies and look for proactive solutions to these problems, because it is the persons who live in the high-crime areas who get affected. African-Americans are more likely to live in areas where crime is high, so statistically, African-Americans are affected by crinme more. I see the statistics, but I still don't see racial profiling as the solution. I don't see skin color as a reason to stop someone randomly. That doens't help African-Americans who are law abiding. It doesn't help anyone who doesn't break the law.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
3,730 posts, read 5,120,353 times
Reputation: 4172
Okay everyone,time to do a little work and crunch a few numbers.There have been many emotional posts about the causes of crime and we have heard the usual twists of trying to make the criminals into the victims.None of that,just the cold hard stats please.Now,go to your favorite search engine and enter --crime rates by race.You will find many links to research.After you have done the research come back and tell us what you have found.A brief summary here:
Blacks commit violent crimes at eight times the rate than that of Whites.
Hispanics/Latinos commit violent crimes at three times the rate of Whites.
Asians commit violent crimes at one fourth the rate of Whites.
Contrary to popular belief,Blacks commit more violent crimes against Whites than they do against other Blacks.
The single most pertinent fact in predicting the crime rate of an area is the proportion of the population that is Black and/or Latino.
Many more findings,but these numbers stood out.I did not fabricate the numbers or pull them out of the air,just reporting what I have found.If you dispute the findings and/or have different figures,it would be helpful if you posted them
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:40 AM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,356,271 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Okay everyone,time to do a little work and crunch a few numbers.There have been many emotional posts about the causes of crime and we have heard the usual twists of trying to make the criminals into the victims.None of that,just the cold hard stats please.Now,go to your favorite search engine and enter --crime rates by race.You will find many links to research.After you have done the research come back and tell us what you have found.A brief summary here:
Blacks commit violent crimes at eight times the rate than that of Whites.
Hispanics/Latinos commit violent crimes at three times the rate of Whites.
Asians commit violent crimes at one fourth the rate of Whites.
Contrary to popular belief,Blacks commit more violent crimes against Whites than they do against other Blacks.
The single most pertinent fact in predicting the crime rate of an area is the proportion of the population that is Black and/or Latino.
Many more findings,but these numbers stood out.I did not fabricate the numbers or pull them out of the air,just reporting what I have found.If you dispute the findings and/or have different figures,it would be helpful if you posted them

why not post your nothing but fact info that show black on white crime and that the single biggest determining factor is race. We await it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top