Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Tried talking to these women at a bar but they were more interested in my good looking friends..

I think I need to find some ugly friends so I don't look that bad in comparison..
You still could do good even with good looking friends.

If they are douches it will come out and you will be the last man standing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 08:16 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Basically, don't try to be funny if you are not funny in most situations already.

These from the article are pretty stupid, as are most of the others:
“Are you hitting on me right now?

“I see what you’re trying to do. But I’m not that easy!”

“I saw you checking me out over there. I’m not a piece of meat you know.”

“Okay, we can go back to my place. But only if you promise not to try anything.”

“Oh, you’re a country girl? So what do you do when you’re not square dancing or listening to “Chicken Fried”?

“A Boston girl, huh? So you’re not familiar with the letter “r”?

So sounds like it is possible to be able to get a date or get a girlfriend by just having friendly platonic basic Small Talk conversation

Old 11-04-2016, 08:16 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You still could do good even with good looking friends.

If they are douches it will come out and you will be the last man standing.
While she's wondering what it says about your character if all of your friends are douches?

Old 11-04-2016, 09:50 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
While she's wondering what it says about your character if all of your friends are douches?
And concludes it just a momentary lapse in the douchery.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:21 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Basically, don't try to be funny if you are not funny in most situations already.

These from the article are pretty stupid, as are most of the others:
“Are you hitting on me right now?

“I see what you’re trying to do. But I’m not that easy!”

“I saw you checking me out over there. I’m not a piece of meat you know.”

“Okay, we can go back to my place. But only if you promise not to try anything.”

“Oh, you’re a country girl? So what do you do when you’re not square dancing or listening to “Chicken Fried”?

“A Boston girl, huh? So you’re not familiar with the letter “r”?

So I guess that wouldn't work, sounds like that's what you're saying

Old 11-05-2016, 09:32 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
So I guess that wouldn't work, sounds like that's what you're saying
I think the point is that if you have to rehearse these phrases so that they're neither spontaneous nor natural, then you're going to come off forced and awkward. Good conversation just flows.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:18 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think the point is that if you have to rehearse these phrases so that they're neither spontaneous nor natural, then you're going to come off forced and awkward. Good conversation just flows.
I suspect many of the conversation starters and ice breakers that both men and women use to initiate a conversation are, in fact, rehearsed, which is probably why it can feel so awkward and unnatural to initiate contact with an attractive person. I think both genders seek to perform well and obviously attain that which they seek in the romantic world, so it makes sense that each side will have a guideline or schematic of rehearsed conversation starters or lead-ins to help facilitate dialogue with a romantic interest.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:12 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
In general....be sincere...and smile...and be nice.
Don't BE creepy! That is, don't be "on the make", don't be just going for sex with no consideration for HER.

If you just act decently you won't be considered creepy. Just realize that "not being creepy" still may not be enough for a positive reaction from her and that it's okay anyway!

Old 11-05-2016, 05:58 PM

457 posts, read 693,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I have trouble flirting in fear of it coming out wrong or creepy since I not the smoothest person taking to women..

How do you flirt and take it to the next level without it coming off distespectful or creepy?
The only difference between being creepy and charming is how attracted she is to you.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:59 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,863,511 times
Just be confident and don't overthink things so much. Be relaxed. Take a shot or smoke a bowl of weed if you need to lol. Do whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships