U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
44,017 posts, read 42,602,465 times
Reputation: 85122

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post

Why do women always do this? Men don't say one thing and mean another.
LOL "women" don't do anything as a bloc. The point is that you don't appear to be aware of what you're actually saying here.

I know you intend your posts one way, but I promise you they are coming off very differently than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post

Nor have I "narrowed the range" it was never there in the first place.
Are you saying that you will only be attracted to that one woman? Your idea of attractive is ... HER??

 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:59 PM
 
Location: London, U.K.
2,953 posts, read 3,330,072 times
Reputation: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
LOL "women" don't do anything as a bloc. The point is that you don't appear to be aware of what you're actually saying here.

I know you intend your posts one way, but I promise you they are coming off very differently than you think.



Are you saying that you will only be attracted to that one woman? Your idea of attractive is ... HER??

That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive. It's important for men to communicate things accurately. If we don't want you to know something we simply say nothing at all.

No, I've seen and dated lots of women I've found attractive over the years. BUT there was something different that time, falling head over heels in love only happened once.
 
Old 08-24-2019, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Continental Europe
794 posts, read 161,565 times
Reputation: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
It's important for men to communicate things accurately.
Trotting out the sexist stereotypes tonight. Of course, we women don't care a bit about accurate communication, hmm?
 
Old 08-24-2019, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
44,017 posts, read 42,602,465 times
Reputation: 85122
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post

That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive. It's important for men to communicate things accurately. If we don't want you to know something we simply say nothing at all.
This ^^ isn't even relevant to the discussion. Since you landed in this subforum your pattern has been to toss out this strawman argument, usually related to a gender attack, when you're in a corner. It makes you an unreliable narrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post

No, I've seen and dated lots of women I've found attractive over the years.
Then why did you even start this thread?

You set a premise that your choices are the Kelly Brook lookalike or uggos you hate having sex with. It turns out you're talking about true love, which is a whole other topic.

Please get better at actual discussion if you plan to hang out here longer.
 
Old 08-24-2019, 05:23 PM
 
7,846 posts, read 3,080,335 times
Reputation: 12964
I donít understand what the problem actually is... youíre arm candy?
 
Old 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
15,039 posts, read 12,466,891 times
Reputation: 26762
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I donít understand what the problem actually is... youíre arm candy?
110% Chad. Heís being used for his looks.
 
Old 08-24-2019, 06:13 PM
 
Location: California
1,598 posts, read 461,031 times
Reputation: 2833
No I donít see what the point would be for either of us.
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:31 PM
 
13,107 posts, read 10,136,943 times
Reputation: 16635
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive.
God, I wish my husband had been thus. Like all men do, apparently.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,719 posts, read 14,509,652 times
Reputation: 24021
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive. It's important for men to communicate things accurately. If we don't want you to know something we simply say nothing at all.
So many things wrong with that statement. You speak for ALL men and know how ALL women think? Definitely shows an 'us vs. them' mentality. You just lost whatever shred of credibility you might have had.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM
 
26 posts, read 2,730 times
Reputation: 83
OP, this isn't about attraction, its apparent that you have never gotten over losing your first love. I get it, I was the same way for decades. Met him at 24, love at first sight. He crushed me and I spent the next 25 years unable to find anyone that matched up to him. No one I dated was attractive to me. On my wedding day I was thinking of him, not the man I was marrying.

Only after my divorce and lots of therapy was I able to give up the ghost of him. Once I had finally healed that part of me, I met the most amazing man who looks nothing like my first love. It has nothing to do with physical attributes, you are looking for another her. I think that until you deal with that pain, you are never going to find a woman that you will fall in love with.

Last edited by Northshoregirl2019; Yesterday at 06:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top