Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2019, 04:09 PM

1,153 posts, read 566,739 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's time to stop pining over a Kelly Brook lookalike from 20 years ago, and move on. You're into your 40s and if you were still with this person I'm sure the rose-coloured glasses would have come off already.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:20 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Maybe it's time to stop pining over a Kelly Brook lookalike from 20 years ago, and move on. You're into your 40s and if you were still with this person I'm sure the rose-coloured glasses would have come off already.
I have "moved on." Just never fell in love again.

But this is beside the point of the original question.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:35 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Americans are fat
It’s hard to work around that
Generalization.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
But this is beside the point of the original question.
It's not though.

You've spent nearly a quarter century comparing potential dates to someone else while effectively forgetting that you're leaving out a major part of the equation: you.

There's a psychological reason you "can't" find anyone else attractive enough, and it's YOUR problem to fix. There is a wide range of "attractive." It's like your own insecurities have narrowed that range for you in order to protect you from rejection.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's not though.

You've spent nearly a quarter century comparing potential dates to someone else while effectively forgetting that you're leaving out a major part of the equation: you.

There's a psychological reason you "can't" find anyone else attractive enough, and it's YOUR problem to fix. There is a wide range of "attractive." It's like your own insecurities have narrowed that range for you in order to protect you from rejection.
Why do women always do this? Men don't say one thing and mean another. Its as if you can't accept a man telling you he's not attracted to average looking women, as if you're personally insulted.

It's not psychological as such, I can't explain why. I looked at her back then and there was this certain spark that was there right off the bat (love at first sight as most put it, and we both felt it.) Other women, I've never felt that with before or since. It's not like I'm not open to it, or have only dated women I'm not attracted too, or women who aren't '10s'.

Nor have I "narrowed the range" it was never there in the first place.

Last edited by archineer; 08-24-2019 at 05:01 PM..

Old 08-24-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Why do women always do this? Men don't say one thing and mean another.
LOL "women" don't do anything as a bloc. The point is that you don't appear to be aware of what you're actually saying here.

I know you intend your posts one way, but I promise you they are coming off very differently than you think.

Quote:

Nor have I "narrowed the range" it was never there in the first place.
Are you saying that you will only be attracted to that one woman? Your idea of attractive is ... HER??

Old 08-24-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
LOL "women" don't do anything as a bloc. The point is that you don't appear to be aware of what you're actually saying here.

I know you intend your posts one way, but I promise you they are coming off very differently than you think.

Are you saying that you will only be attracted to that one woman? Your idea of attractive is ... HER??

That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive. It's important for men to communicate things accurately. If we don't want you to know something we simply say nothing at all.

No, I've seen and dated lots of women I've found attractive over the years. BUT there was something different that time, falling head over heels in love only happened once.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:04 PM

1,153 posts, read 566,739 times
Quote:
It's important for men to communicate things accurately.
Trotting out the sexist stereotypes tonight. Of course, we women don't care a bit about accurate communication, hmm?

Old 08-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:

That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive. It's important for men to communicate things accurately. If we don't want you to know something we simply say nothing at all.
This ^^ isn't even relevant to the discussion. Since you landed in this subforum your pattern has been to toss out this strawman argument, usually related to a gender attack, when you're in a corner. It makes you an unreliable narrator.

Quote:

No, I've seen and dated lots of women I've found attractive over the years.
Then why did you even start this thread?

You set a premise that your choices are the Kelly Brook lookalike or uggos you hate having sex with. It turns out you're talking about true love, which is a whole other topic.

Please get better at actual discussion if you plan to hang out here longer.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:23 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
I don’t understand what the problem actually is... you’re arm candy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships