Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
{shrug} I'm not in a hurry to get into another one. Certainly not actively looking for anything.
You're NOT?

This is not your Personal Ad listed right here 1/4 down the list in the Personals section here at CD?

TKramar

6,834 posts, read 2,129,551 times

Southwest Florida
Sarasota-Bradenton preferred. Tampa-St. Pete has potential. Within 100 miles or so of the previous metro?

I'd like to meet a single woman, no kids, between the ages of 30 and 48.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 03:58 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Simple answer = 1 post.

Ridiculously complex rationalizations for bad behavior = over 7 pages.

Watching the insane defenses go slowly up in flames from the comfort of your pajamas = Priceless.
Exactly. My viewpoint? The more convoluted the explanation, the more likely that it's the wrong point of view.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Perhaps, but it depends. I lost a friendship because the other person didn't stay in touch. I tried reaching out a couple times, but my friend stopped answering. That's when I gave up. So the abandonment was mutual, but as far as I was concerned, I had little choice. Hard to stay friends with someone who wasn't even meeting me halfway.
Yep, I understand.

I had a brief relationship, about 3 months, where it unexpectedly came to light that she'd be "long distance" - moving about 2 hours away, and would make an effort to be back and forth. I made it clear I wasn't into that, but we continued to see one another while she was in town. When the time came, she just left, and that was that.

When I saw this thread I began to wonder - should I have driven up there to break up with her? Called her, emailed her, or just let the "mutual disappearance" occur?

Regardless of what Mearth and JeepGirl think, I believe I did the right thing.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post

Regardless of what Mearth and JeepGirl think, I believe I did the right thing.

Don't single Mearth and I out when there have been several others that feel likewise. The Big Dog credit goes to cpg! He drove 250 miles to break it off with his ex-GF face to face - and then drove back home! (page 1 - in case you missed it) -

Old 07-06-2009, 04:27 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Don't single Mearth and I out when there have been several others that feel likewise. The Big Dog credit goes to cpg! He drove 250 miles to break it off with his ex-GF face to face - and then drove back home! (page 1 - in case you missed it) -
I actually did miss that - Go CPG!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
You're NOT?

This is not your Personal Ad listed right here 1/4 down the list in the Personals section here at CD?

TKramar

6,834 posts, read 2,129,551 times

Southwest Florida
Sarasota-Bradenton preferred. Tampa-St. Pete has potential. Within 100 miles or so of the previous metro?

I'd like to meet a single woman, no kids, between the ages of 30 and 48.

Yep, that's pretty passive, isn't it. Although I have profiles listed on numerous websites, I don't actively do anything about them.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
My boyfriend of six years broke up with me over the phone. I wasn't that upset, but it was a pretty punk thing to do.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Would you be ok if your employer told you that you were fired by an email?
If not, it's no different when breaking up with someone. It's a bogus, gutless thing to do.
I've already decided to go the in person route, but I don't really agree with your analogy in this case. I'm not his employer. He doesn't depend on me for a living, and he won't be financially devastated if I leave him. I would think that his disappointment in me breaking up with him would be similar to if someone told him that a nearby restaurant that he likes to frequent would be going out of business. Certainly, you can e-mail someone to tell them that. The guy isn't going to be crushed, so it's not about me wanting to avoid his reaction. If I thought that our relationship was more than a casual thing to him, I wouldn't be breaking up with him in the first place.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Why do you think you'll start crying?

Old 07-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My boyfriend of six years broke up with me over the phone. I wasn't that upset, but it was a pretty punk thing to do.
Is he still single, I want that man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships