Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:22 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Strange that you guys can have a relationship with an invisible cosmic sky zombie, but won't allow gays to have a relationship with a real flesh and blood person that they love.

BTW, if your "relationship" is not a religion then your churches better start coughing up tax money. The back-taxes owed should pay off the national debt alone..
Of course you do understand, that a lot of church money was sent to help gays who got Aids, because they did not live moral lives. And that money was sent, because the person you call the cosmic sky zombie told Christians to reach out to the unsaved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
but what if YOU'RE wrong?
it's nice that you think you're right, believe what you want, but that makes no difference to me, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to die and get buried in the ground and decompose.

ugh why did I decide to start arguing with a brick wall this morning?
Just as I appear as a brick wall... so you do you to ME.

But Paul, who wrote most of the new testament, was one of the biggest anti-christian people on the block. He hated Christians. He definitely appeared as a "wall." Then his life was changed and he became one of the strongest Christians the world has seen. Walls can be torn down : )

What if I am wrong? I still win because I lived a moral life that has not hindered my health : )

Last edited by SouperStar34; 09-15-2009 at 11:07 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Where DO these people come from??
Narrow path leads to life... and few find it.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
You sound incredibly brainwashed there ...

That's another reason why I "don't follow Jesus".

Non-Christian's motto: "What's in it for me?"

-Money
-Power
-Fame

This is a very wordly/selfish mind-set.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Just ignore schlumps like that. If Jesus is your friend, you don't need to worry. If you do not follow Jesus, nothing bad will happen to you because of it. If you stub your toe, Jesus isn't punishing you for not marching behind him. You simply stubbed your toe. And don't Christians say that "Jesus loves all of us ?" Who are you going to believe ? The schlump on youtube ? Or your friend, Jesus ?

This is false teaching that isn't based on anything but your imagination. Please give me a chapter and verse where it says this?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
If there is a God that is truly awesome and created the entire UNIVERSE, I refuse to believe that he would be so petty and insecure to need people to worship and glorify him. Makes no sense.

He desires a true and sincere love. He did not create us as robots to automatically follow him, but rather he gave people the choice to follow Him. This choice allows a sincere bond between Him and mankind.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Tell that to the two thirds of the world's population that don't look to your Christ figure today, or the entirty of the human race before your god hit the scene.
The God of the Bible always was and always will be.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Tell that to the two thirds of the world's population that don't look to your Christ figure today, or the entirty of the human race before your god hit the scene.
And now you understand why God only saved Noah and his family. God is not impressed with numbers. He is only looking for people who have given their life to Him. And this is why the Bible tells us most of the world is headed for Hell.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
There is only one unforgivable offense that God does not tolerate and is disbelief. That is the only unforgivable sin.
Wow, so I'm worst then any believer who is a rapist and or murder....

The OP video reminds me of scientology.... What are your crimes....

YouTube - Scientology - What are your crimes?

Unless you are not part of what ever religion, you must be evil.... anyone who uses rational logic, can see the flaw in that argument.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:25 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
What if I am wrong? I still win because I lived a moral life that has not hindered my health : )
But what if you're wrong and God likes critical thinkers, not believers? Then you'll burn in hell !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality