Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 01:29 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,057,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
This is false teaching that isn't based on anything but your imagination. Please give me a chapter and verse where it says this?
Who the son has set free is free indeed.

My take free from dogma of xianity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 AM

271 posts, read 252,172 times
because they are too busy with tea bagging ralleys?

Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,510,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course you do understand, that a lot of church money was sent to help gays who got Aids, because they did not live moral lives. And that money was sent, because the person you call the cosmic sky zombie told Christians to reach out to the unsaved.

Not really. Not much was done about Aids when it was considered the "Gay disease". It was only when they started to trick people into thinking it was easy for straight people to catch it through normal sex that much was done about it.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,736,503 times
Default Only Noah and his family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And now you understand why God only saved Noah and his family. God is not impressed with numbers. He is only looking for people who have given their life to Him. And this is why the Bible tells us most of the world is headed for Hell.
Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian. I TRY to be a good one.....but am most definitely flawed and fall short of perfection every day....BUT...There are a whole lot of things I've seen out there that simply does not jibe with me. For instance, I have witnessed a whole lot of folks out there who use the church to hide behind so that they can manipulate good, hardworking people. These are people who attend church every Sunday, every extra function offered by the church, all "fundraising events" etc., and yet screw people outside the church over on a regular basis. They have this "team" of people in church who back them up .... all kissy, kissy on Sunday and blindly chose to NOT see who those people are.

Every day I see people in influential positions who are screwing others over....(oh how I'd love to place a hidden camera so that the world could really see who they are).....Those same people will get their panties in a wad .....puffed up and red in the face when confronted, "I would NEVER do anything like that.....I am a CHRISTIAN"!!

Don't get me wrong, accepting Jesus into your life does NOT mean that you won't ever be tempted by the things "the rest of the world" are tempted by....because you will. Hopefully, you'll just be more "aware" of those temptations and feel more accountable for how to respond to them. Hopefully, accepting Him into your life causes you to take pause when confronted with those temptations and makes you stop and think about whether your ensuing choice is GOOD or Evil. Some of the best people I know and meet do not go around professing to be Christians. However, they are the best "examples" of so-called Christians I know.

As for the "Noah and his family" concept.... really? Do you really think so? Think about it..... What part of the world were they from? Do you really think that no one else survived that flood? Can you explain to me then, why we do not ALL look alike? .... the genetic variances that exist in today's populations? I can believe in Noah...I really can, however, I can only believe that the people in the "world as they knew it" were wiped out. Think about world travel back then.....how long it took anyone to get anywhere. Those people, who were writing that story, didn't know anything about other continents far away. LOL..... In fact, how do we know that there were not SEVERAL 'gardens of Eden" so to speak.

Hey, just my opinion. For the record, I think anyone out there who is TRULY trying to be good, kind, loving, honest people...people who are not preying upon others for their survival, working hard, not being cruel, etc...make God smile. Besides.....when God is talking about His "church", He's talking about his "world" church.....not these ridiculous boxes that people build on pieces of property....spending unbelievable amounts of money to maintain. The "world" is His church..... not a building. You will find Him everywhere and you don't need anyone to speak on your behalf to Him. Perhaps there are so many people out there who have been as disgusted as I've been by the behavior of so-called Christians that they don't WANT to be associated with the title.

As I said before....I have met a whole lot more REAL Christians out there who deny that title.....than I've ever met who actually CARRY that title. Truthfully, sometimes, I'M actually ashamed to carry it. It's not that I'm ashamed to proclaim myself a Christian.....I'm simply afraid of being put into the same category as the ones who simply use the title to manipulate others so that they can screw them over.

When I say I am a Christian, I'm saying, " I will always try to be kind to you. I will always try to be honest with you, it might not always feel good, this honesty, but I will try to never flatter or manipulate you with DIS honesty. If you ask me for my opinion, you will get the truth. You can always count on me to give it "every thing I've got" and never hold anything back, if you're asking me to do something for you....not because I want to show up anyone, but simply because it's what I believe in....doing your best, being the best you can be, in every situation in my life. I do it for HIM.....because He has given me so much and so many things to be grateful for.....including giving me the strength to get through some really awful times...things I didn't think I'd EVER be able to survive...until I did.

Last edited by beachmel; 09-16-2009 at 06:17 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 AM

Okay....just watched the video. Yep.....is it any wonder people don't want to go to church?....if that's what's crammed down their throats? Evil deeds exposed?......by going to church?.....by reading the bible? By the age of 4 years old, most kids know the difference between good and bad. If God is everywhere.....all the time....sees all, knows all..... then your evil deeds are already exposed! yeah..... I get it.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:01 AM

713 posts, read 1,958,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Wow, so I'm worst then any believer who is a rapist and or murder....

The OP video reminds me of scientology.... What are your crimes....

YouTube - Scientology - What are your crimes?

Unless you are not part of what ever religion, you must be evil.... anyone who uses rational logic, can see the flaw in that argument.

It only takes ONE sin go to hell. God only asks for ONE thing belief and people hate it. Despise it. Deny it. Hate others for it! God is so loving that all sins can be forgiven if a person BELIEVES and FOLLOWS Christ. It is a lifestyle change. Works do not get you into heaven... belief does. That is what God desires a sincere belief, but faith with our works is dead. How can people say they believe than do the opposite of what Christ says?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
But what if you're wrong and God likes critical thinkers, not believers? Then you'll burn in hell !

The Bible is useful for teaching, rebuking, and correcting... that is the standard of life. That is where I get my guidelines... it seems everyone else likes to make up there own to fit their own evil desires.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
The Bible is useful for teaching, rebuking, and correcting... that is the standard of life. That is where I get my guidelines... it seems everyone else likes to make up there own to fit their own evil desires.
But you see, what makes so many people angry is that so very many Christians use the bible to try to control OTHERS behavior.....not their own. People who are angry at having the church crammed down their throats don't understand that He knows we're going to make mistakes and bad choices...knows it before it happens...and already knows He's going to forgive them/us if we are truly sorry for what we did.

Some people don't want to be held accountable for their behaviors... it's been that way since the beginning of time. Don't worry so much about it. When we get angry and start saying and doing hurtful things, what kind of an example is that of true "Christianity"? You have Him in your life. He understands your frustrations. Perhaps situations and discussions like these are a true test of what's inside you/me/us. Have you heard that saying..... '"You never know what's inside a vessel until it gets bumped or knocked around a bit. Be careful of what you allow to ferment inside of your heart. Even the most perfect of grapes, which were destined to be fine wine...can turn to vinegar."'

Old 09-16-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian. I TRY to be a good one.....but am most definitely flawed and fall short of perfection every day....BUT...There are a whole lot of things I've seen out there that simply does not jibe with me. For instance, I have witnessed a whole lot of folks out there who use the church to hide behind so that they can manipulate good, hardworking people. These are people who attend church every Sunday, every extra function offered by the church, all "fundraising events" etc., and yet screw people outside the church over on a regular basis. They have this "team" of people in church who back them up .... all kissy, kissy on Sunday and blindly chose to NOT see who those people are.

Every day I see people in influential positions who are screwing others over....(oh how I'd love to place a hidden camera so that the world could really see who they are).....Those same people will get their panties in a wad .....puffed up and red in the face when confronted, "I would NEVER do anything like that.....I am a CHRISTIAN"!!

Don't get me wrong, accepting Jesus into your life does NOT mean that you won't ever be tempted by the things "the rest of the world" are tempted by....because you will. Hopefully, you'll just be more "aware" of those temptations and feel more accountable for how to respond to them. Hopefully, accepting Him into your life causes you to take pause when confronted with those temptations and makes you stop and think about whether your ensuing choice is GOOD or Evil. Some of the best people I know and meet do not go around professing to be Christians. However, they are the best "examples" of so-called Christians I know.

As for the "Noah and his family" concept.... really? Do you really think so? Think about it..... What part of the world were they from? Do you really think that no one else survived that flood? Can you explain to me then, why we do not ALL look alike? .... the genetic variances that exist in today's populations? I can believe in Noah...I really can, however, I can only believe that the people in the "world as they knew it" were wiped out. Think about world travel back then.....how long it took anyone to get anywhere. Those people, who were writing that story, didn't know anything about other continents far away. LOL..... In fact, how do we know that there were not SEVERAL 'gardens of Eden" so to speak.

Hey, just my opinion. For the record, I think anyone out there who is TRULY trying to be good, kind, loving, honest people...people who are not preying upon others for their survival, working hard, not being cruel, etc...make God smile. Besides.....when God is talking about His "church", He's talking about his "world" church.....not these ridiculous boxes that people build on pieces of property....spending unbelievable amounts of money to maintain. The "world" is His church..... not a building. You will find Him everywhere and you don't need anyone to speak on your behalf to Him. Perhaps there are so many people out there who have been as disgusted as I've been by the behavior of so-called Christians that they don't WANT to be associated with the title.

As I said before....I have met a whole lot more REAL Christians out there who deny that title.....than I've ever met who actually CARRY that title. Truthfully, sometimes, I'M actually ashamed to carry it. It's not that I'm ashamed to proclaim myself a Christian.....I'm simply afraid of being put into the same category as the ones who simply use the title to manipulate others so that they can screw them over.

When I say I am a Christian, I'm saying, " I will always try to be kind to you. I will always try to be honest with you, it might not always feel good, this honesty, but I will try to never flatter or manipulate you with DIS honesty. If you ask me for my opinion, you will get the truth. You can always count on me to give it "every thing I've got" and never hold anything back, if you're asking me to do something for you....not because I want to show up anyone, but simply because it's what I believe in....doing your best, being the best you can be, in every situation in my life. I do it for HIM.....because He has given me so much and so many things to be grateful for.....including giving me the strength to get through some really awful times...things I didn't think I'd EVER be able to survive...until I did.

Do you believe the Bible was inspired by God? Yes or no?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
Well, we all get our guidelines from the same place. But, as you say, everyone likes to make up their own - own 'take' anyway, to fit their own desires. Christians too. They even interpret the Bible to suit themselves. I would not be so arrogant as to use the term 'evil' though. I leave that to the 'Holier-than-thou' brigade.

So the source is the most useful, without the various takes. The source? Our brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality