Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I am ready to explode.

I purchased through Amazon a TracFone. Called TracFone and was on the phone for over one hour (had to ask for someone I could understand). Then I had to call Amazon, another accent I did not understand. Asked for someone else.... no one else available. Bottom line???? After a total of two hours on the phone, nothing got done.

Taking a break before my next phone call. Grrrr.
For future reference, one way to avoid this with many companies, and TracFone is one, is to use the on-line chat.
Not only does this make accents immaterial, it gives you a written record of what was said (or promised)

Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 AM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
For future reference, one way to avoid this with many companies, and TracFone is one, is to use the on-line chat.
Not only does this make accents immaterial, it gives you a written record of what was said (or promised)
Thanks for adding that. That is how I finally got mine resolved in the end.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,765,774 times
meo, my dad has had IBS/IBD for a long time. Take a good probiotic every day, that did it for him. Others may have to follow a low carb/paleo/diabetic diet. It's totally manageable. So glad it's not more serious!!!!!!!!!!

NYgal, can you return the phone and get the better deal from HSN???

Old 07-01-2015, 05:40 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times
I normally use the chat feature but did not even think of it this time.

The phone I got is probably as good a deal as the other. Discovered that any minutes I put on new phone triple. For as long as I have the phone.

I got the phone so I could get rid of my monthly Verizon bill.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I finally talked to an Amazon person who did not have an accent. He told me that next time (ugh) that happens to tell them I want to talk to a USA rep. Apparently some of these companies have them (not all, sadly).

It kills me that when I tell the rep with the accent I have no idea what they just said they act offended.

Why do companies do this to us? I know.... all about cheap labor, make more money.

FWIW: it's not just Dell. You can have all that fun with other companies, too.
I couple of years ago I had an internet problem with either my modem or router (can't remember which) so I had to call Comcast's customer service hotline. Comcast is my internet provider, Anyway, I got a person who spoke English fluently but had only a very slight accent. I asked where can I exchange my modem (or router) for another one. The answer (this is priceless!): "I'm sorry we don't have an office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania."

My reply: "You don't have an office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? The world headquarters of Comcast is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! The tallest building in Philadelphia, at 60 stories high and nearly 1,000 feet, is the Comcast Center! What are you talking about???!!!"

Old 07-01-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
meo, my dad has had IBS/IBD for a long time. Take a good probiotic every day, that did it for him. Others may have to follow a low carb/paleo/diabetic diet. It's totally manageable. So glad it's not more serious!!!!!!!!!!

Cc, It's not determined yet what it is. The test went will, pictures came out good. Now they have to be read by a radiologist, may know Monday. I did mention that I hoped my favorite Dr would read them. He's the one that did the MRI & the one after (can't remember the name, they inject dye into the spine & take a bunch of pictures). He's the one who said, Oh, I see why you can't walk & got the whole ball rolling.

NYgal, can you return the phone and get the better deal from HSN???
Give it a try, might work.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:07 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,765,774 times
meo, stock up on some greek yogurt, too!

LMAO Clark, too funny!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
meo, stock up on some greek yogurt, too!

LMAO Clark, too funny!!!!!!!
I've been having a fruit, greek yogurt smoothie every morning. Yup, I get the large container & am trying to use it in other ways too. But I put 2-3 lsrge tbs along with fruit, cocunut milk & ice.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:32 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I've been having a fruit, greek yogurt smoothie every morning. Yup, I get the large container & am trying to use it in other ways too. But I put 2-3 lsrge tbs along with fruit, cocunut milk & ice.
Just my two cents, for what it's worth. I am majorly sensitive to dairy products in any form and can't tolerate yogurt, greek or otherwise, or any other milk product at all. I even have problems with milk as a component of anything else. I've been this way all my life. That's along with a boatload of other food sensitivities so my diet is pretty plain and boring. My reaction to dairy in particular is exactly what's happening to you. I'm also deathly allergic to flax and have become anaphylactic from it (I now carry an Epipen). I have IBS, too. Watching my diet carefully keeps me out of trouble. So maybe it's a food intolerance? Hoping for good news for you.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Just my two cents, for what it's worth. I am majorly sensitive to dairy products in any form and can't tolerate yogurt, greek or otherwise, or any other milk product at all. I even have problems with milk as a component of anything else. I've been this way all my life. That's along with a boatload of other food sensitivities so my diet is pretty plain and boring. My reaction to dairy in particular is exactly what's happening to you. I'm also deathly allergic to flax and have become anaphylactic from it (I now carry an Epipen). I have IBS, too. Watching my diet carefully keeps me out of trouble. So maybe it's a food intolerance? Hoping for good news for you.
Someone else who's allergic to dairy?? Me too and I used to love it. I get bloated and congested, tired and with a migraine. Never even guessed until finally an allergist tested me for foods.

A new dr has me on sauerkraut for probiotics and no grains at all for now. Lots of meat, eggs, fruits, and vegetables. Also digestive enzymes. It's no fun having all these allergies and as you said, the diet is plain and boring. But it keeps you alive and that means a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement