Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 05:17 PM

2,020 posts, read 3,194,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
What site do you go on to do a background check?
Google, and, in my state, a courts online search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 05:18 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Has the 50+ population started to use apps such as Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge? Most people under 50 who find dates from electronic means are exclusively using phone apps and not websites.
I have Tinder, but Im looking in my own age group.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:30 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehaired View Post
My one venture in online dating, EHarmony, resulted in my one match, by the time we got to personal communication, was very rude and made fun of my name. Very old fashioned, named after my grandmother born 1884.

Purple Haired? You bet I am, if not now when? Must be a huge turnoff rather than lighthearted acceptance of my lighthearted artistic personality.

I just would love a good friend/companion. Sex???? my husband died 18yrs ago, however I might perhaps have some extremely vague memories.... I have absolutely nothing to bring to a relationship but myself. No assets what so ever. Now that being said, I found a place called not4dating. Whoopie!!!! I thought. HA HA HA! Every single person who contacted me was looking to part me from money I don’t have...even the women.

I am resigned to spending my final time in this mortal coil with my closest friends....Me, Myself and I, as there is no opportunity to meet a like minded individual. And please no suggestions, those have already been exhausted.

I actually got rejected by eHarmony. Must've been those four divorces.

I won't give you any "suggestions". I could have written some of your post myself. I've been divorced for over 20 years now and doubt I'd be fit to live with. I'm too set in my ways but I like me just fine. When I first got divorced I went online to check out the various dating sites. Back then you could check it out all you wanted, for free, then join if you wanted. My friend told me that, now, they let you see a limited amount and then you have to pay to see more.

One time I was surfing through guys in my town. I saw a couple I knew. One of them made me really laugh because I knew the guy pretty well and his profile didn't fit him at all. He said he liked long walks on a moonlit beach. I couldn't imagine him walking anywhere, moonlight or otherwise. He was a pretty crude individual too. I never did tell him I saw that. Oh yeah, and I also saw a profile for my cousin's husband! Yes, I told her. They hated each other already so it didn't make much difference. They divorced for other reasons.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:33 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
All I know is I get scared when I think about the fact my cougar today would be like 78

And I'd be the "younger woman" of an 85 or 90 year old!

Old 09-01-2019, 05:57 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
I got banned from one of the dating sites ....they asked on a questionnaire what I would like most in a woman ...apparently my answer was not acceptable....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
On a dating site, thought you are a married person.
Quote:
My wife gave me a note. Ha ha ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Bflat?
I don't think they got your little joke there, mathjak.

(What he wants most IN a woman...Get it? Get it?)

Old 09-01-2019, 06:00 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think they got your little joke there, mathjak.

(What he wants most IN a woman...Get it? Get it?)
I know , my humor tends to be overly sophisticated

Old 09-01-2019, 06:44 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Ive heard Eharmony actually rejects people they deem "unmarketable" That would be most of us!

Old 09-01-2019, 07:54 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ferris View Post
Please do not run into the back of my foot at Walmart.
I'd rather extinguish lit cigarettes on my tongue than go shopping at Walmart.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:19 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
Ive heard Eharmony actually rejects people they deem "unmarketable" That would be most of us!
Really? What do they base it on?

Old 09-01-2019, 08:22 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
O Once you actually get to the first date, you have to listen to them ramble on about their drunken ex-husbands and how they cheated or otherwise were losers. And yet these women did not just date these guys, they married them. And had kids with them. .
If someone is talking about their "ex" on a first date, you should get up and walk away. They should be focused on you and getting to know you; for them to sit there and talk about their ex is just rude. You aren't their therapist. Hand them a business card for a therapist/counselor and then walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement