Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 01:09 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I went to an apartment warming here in Leipzig, Germany over the weekend. Some friends of mine had moved into a new apartment not far from my apartment. I'm a mid-60s guy and most of the people at the gathering were maybe half my age, but no big deal. There were many beverages and plenty of appetizers and small plates of food.

I ate some cookies. I did not see the label on the table that said the cookies were baked with cannibis. It was not a language issue, I speak German well. The label was either covered up by something else or I just did not notice it. I don't consume any drugs or alcohol, and I don't take any medication or over the counter stuff.

Let's just say, I started to feel dizzy pretty quick. I decided to leave the party and walk home (about 500 meters). I made it home OK, but my balance was really bad. My head was spinning. I made it up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment, but I used the hand rail to keep me straight up. I also started to get a bad headache, and I was getting pretty scared.

It took over a day for the strong effects of those cookies to subside. It was not a good experience at all. Let's just say I am not one of the people who will be looking to use "recreational" cannibis at any time in the future.
Ingesting cannabis takes at least 30 minutes to affect you. Like taking an aspirin. I call either BS or there was something else in those cookies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 01:15 PM

Pain relief. RLS relief. Getting high? Meh.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:59 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Is there euphoria with 2.5 MG's or more of a therapeutic dose?
The answer depends on your tolerance. If you are new to cannabis, a THC dose as small as 2.5 mg will have an effect. If you are a seasoned regular user, your tolerance will be higher, so you need more THC to achieve the same effect. I am in the latter category, and two of those 2.5. mg Petra Mints barely affect me. At most it's like taking a low dose of Valium, and I wouldn't even describe it as "euphoria." It's more like mild relaxation.

This is why it's important for anyone trying cannabis for the first time to treat it just as seriously as you would any other medication. Know how much THC you're ingesting and be very, very conservative with the dosage until you know how it's going to affect you.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:09 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Is there euphoria with 2.5 MG's or more of a therapeutic dose?
It's very interesting.

Research the cannabinoid system (which all humans have and can get out of whack and cannabis can reset it, supposedly).

I found initially that 2.5 mg's did produce euphoria . . . but you do get tolerant . . . I don't like the "high feeling," which to me is different than the mild euphoria, which I understand is also feeling "high," but it's different.

Each brand of edibles has different dosages and also ratios of THC to CBD - and it all makes a difference. I have tried other mints, which I don't enjoy at all (not sure what to do with my rejected mints - I was thinking of donating them - lol).

Old 09-05-2019, 05:25 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It's very interesting.

Research the cannabinoid system (which all humans have and can get out of whack and cannabis can reset it, supposedly).

I found initially that 2.5 mg's did produce euphoria . . . but you do get tolerant . . . I don't like the "high feeling," which to me is different than the mild euphoria, which I understand is also feeling "high," but it's different.

Each brand of edibles has different dosages and also ratios of THC to CBD - and it all makes a difference. I have tried other mints, which I don't enjoy at all (not sure what to do with my rejected mints - I was thinking of donating them - lol).
I am in Illinois and January 1st, I will be able to legally purchase recreational marijuana. Doing some googling, it looks like petra mints are only available in California. Hope something similar is available. I want to go with a 2.5 MG edible.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:07 PM

515 posts, read 360,321 times
Quote:
I am in Illinois and January 1st, I will be able to legally purchase recreational marijuana. Doing some googling, it looks like petra mints are only available in California. Hope something similar is available. I want to go with a 2.5 MG edible.

In Illinois here too. I am looking forward to the edibles as well. At my senior age, I don't sleep well. I have not for years. I remember as a teenager and young man I could sleep until noon. Now I don't even set my alarm clock. Not for years. I wake up several times a night and I am awake each day at 6 AM. I work at 8. I hope an edible can help me get a good nights sleep. I have back issues which make sleeping difficult. I am looking forward to giving it a try. I had given up hope that Illinois would legalize, but then suddenly JB became governor and everything changed. Thank you, JB!

Old 09-05-2019, 09:02 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
The mints are the best ever for sleep. You won't even believe it.

I forgot to mention that the difference in brands, products is also the strain of pot being used.

Petra is just perfect for me - made by Kiva - a well-respected company.

The way edibles are different from smoking, is you get a "full body" experience with the edibles - it's very pleasant.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:35 PM

An example of why I use it.

Yesterday the pain was bad. Really bad, and it started early. It's usually 7:00 or 8:00 before it kicks in, but yesterday my legs started jumping around 4:00. Then the arms jump and jerk. Then the hips ache. The knees are usually next. Then the shoulders and hands.

When my wife turns to me and says, "you need to take something."I know it's past time.

One hit. Just one. Within 5 minutes the pain is fading. In 10 there is no pain and I am allowed to relax.

Unless you spend your life in pain 24/7 you cannot possibly understand what that means to me. Constant pain takes over your life, your mind, your emotions, everything. To be without, even for a few hours, is amazing.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:46 AM

And then the opposite.

Yesterday was almost pain free w/o smoking. WTH? If I could pin down something I did, something I ate, something that made that difference, I'd do/eat/whatever every single day.

I'm baffled.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:00 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The mints are the best ever for sleep. You won't even believe it.

I forgot to mention that the difference in brands, products is also the strain of pot being used.

Petra is just perfect for me - made by Kiva - a well-respected company.

The way edibles are different from smoking, is you get a "full body" experience with the edibles - it's very pleasant.
I agree. I can't handle smoking so rarely feel a thing from that. But I made chocolate chip MJ cookies with the oil, and WOW. Such relaxation and ideal sleep. No waking up in the wee hours.

But someone else made the oil and I can only hope I can get my hands on some again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement