Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 03:55 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,312,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
1 gun is never enough. I would probably die at the gunsafe trying to decide which one I want in a SHTF situation.

But if I HAD to choose one, it would probably be a Remmington 870 shotgun with slugs.
Any one who underestimates SHTF, as I have read a few comments poking fun at folks being prepared such as yourself, me and many others in here is a fool. That same person was probably the guy beating on his neighbors door in a panic pleading for help during the LA riots and Hurricane Katrina. Looting, lawlessness, cayuse and mayhem was the norm. Thugs were shot in the street by rooftop armed property owners and left for dead it was so bad. Remember the '97 North Hollywood shootout? LAPD was outgunned with their Beretta 92FS 9MM and 12 GA shotguns. They had to go to a local gun shop to borrow some AR-15'S along with some magazines filled with SS109 M855 penetraters. Pathetic and it was a wake up call, s*** does and can happen. Many other things have happened over the years as well. The real question is as asked by a neighbor............. "will you help me"? You or me......... "only if you didn't p*ss me off making fun of my firearms"? Best of luck to ya, Bon Voyage d***head!! Hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=950gl...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 10:50 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,519,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
... That same person was probably the guy beating on his neighbors door in a panic pleading for help during the LA riots and Hurricane Katrina. Looting, lawlessness, cayuse and mayhem was the norm...
Umm, er, ah -- isn't "cayuse" a type of horse?

cayuse - Wiktionary

Old 12-16-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Umm, er, ah -- isn't "cayuse" a type of horse?

cayuse - Wiktionary
Small horse. Those small horses were running wild in the street. I could have said Mustang! Get back in your pen or I'll tan your arse Ed! LOL

Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 PM

This YouTube says a lot people. I'd recommend watching it if I were you. Listen to the words. This isn't a game, it's your life. If you want lies to make a quick buck and sell you something, read a gun magazine sometime. You could just listen to the salesman who could care less except making a few bucks on you. He most likely won't treat you any better when you return and realize you've been taken. I speak with many years experience. I have nothing to gain out of any of this. My family and friends have been there, done that, and don't want to see anyone lose a life over something that fails at the moment of truth. You can bet your arse, that everything I've mentioned in these two threads works! If it didn't, I sure wouldn't tell you so. You want the truth, so here it is. Some of you are probably p*ssed at me. Well, suck it up a little. Someone who has no experience whatsoever could be reading this stuff. I'd sure hate for them to go wrong just because no one else had the balls or the knowledge to speak up and correct mistakes. That's what I do. If you have been on the range long enough, you see the guy down a few lanes..... "GD this and GD that......... what a POS"! Well, someone either wasn't helpful with him, he ignored the advice, or just got plain screwed. It doesn't have to happen. If you don't know, ask someone who does. Make sure the person whom your asking knows WTH he is talking about before running with it. 1000's of good choices are out there. Be a informed customer is all I'm getting at. Personally, I'd take the guys advice that has made a lifelong hobby out of firearms, not some noobs. I'll close with this. Never get so good, you feel you can't do any better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0_um--LDQ

Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 PM

With respect, BTDT (1/327, 101st ABN, RVN 1965-66), and AFAIC it carried little meaning beyond the period of enlistment.

Your mileage may vary considerably, of course.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Small horse. Those small horses were running wild in the street. I could have said Mustang! Get back in your pen or I'll tan your arse Ed! LOL
Friend, I was living in the LA area during the Rodney King riots (I still do, in fact). I grew up on the central Gulf Coast which means I have direct experience with Hurricanes Betsy, Camille and Frederic, among others.

Take it from one who's been there -- any horses running loose in those streets were the size of elephants, and they were meaner than snakes...

-- Nighteyes

Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Friend, I was living in the LA area during the Rodney King riots (I still do, in fact). I grew up on the central Gulf Coast which means I have direct experience with Hurricanes Betsy, Camille and Frederic, among others.

Take it from one who's been there -- any horses running loose in those streets were the size of elephants, and they were meaner than snakes...

-- Nighteyes
I believe it! I've read about it and saw all kinds of footage of it. I'm sure you felt reasonably comfortable with that 1911 and other stuff you had. If you have that kind of stuff, you sure aren't a amateur by any stretch of the imagination either!

Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
If you have that kind of stuff, you sure aren't a amateur by any stretch of the imagination either!
My thanks to you for the compliment. The "kind of stuff" I'm MOST comfortable with, however, are those that allow me to reach out and touch someone from 500 to 800 yards or so (a bit further on a clear & relatively windless day). There's not much use for that "kind of stuff" in most situations but still...

As the saying goes: Age, experience and treachery will overcome youth, enthusiasm and ambition every time.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
" Age, experience and treachery will overcome youth and ambition every time." "D

Axel watch out fer this guy, he has feathers and big eyes for night flyin' Silent too.

Moderns call it shape shifter....

Old 12-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Axel watch out fer this guy, he has feathers and big eyes for night flyin' Silent too.

Moderns call it shape shifter....
Mac,

Interesting that you should write that (except the "shape-shifter" part). You, better than anyone on this thread, will probably appreciate the facts that (a) Owl is in fact my - ah - "totem", and (b) I'm one of the very few for whom this is not a bad thing.

-- Nighteyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness