Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
If you put yourself in risky situations, you might end up hurt or dead. Just do the math, MathGuy. Do I feel sorry for drunk rape victims? yes, because they were not hurting other people in the process of their own stupidity or naiveness. However if I or other people feel sorry for them that doesn't change the fact that they were raped. My compassion is not gonna take away their physical injuries and emotional scars. The victim of this crime was treating Jodi like a piece of garbage, so no I don't feel sorry for him or any other human being who treats others like subhumans.
I dated a guy who acted a little like Alexander. He would run hot and cold. Sometimes he'd call asking me to come over, and by the time I got there he'd be stand offish like he wished I hadn't come. I never got the feeling he enjoyed this or got some pleasure or feeling of control out of it. I always thought he was struggling with something and thought a relationship with me was his way out. I don't know if he was gay or something else, but he had some sort of inner turmoil going on.

So I do feel some compassion for Alexander, even though he did treat Jodi like crap. I think the influence from the Mormon church and possibly his family wouldn't let him be who he wanted to be and perhaps at first he thought Jodi would help him appear to be what family/church wanted him to be. Then he'd get cold feet at living a lie for the rest of his life. Then their relationship turned into something that he was ashamed for friends and family to know about. Heck, they thought he was a virgin! No way he would feel comfortable with them even knowing he wasn't "chaste", let alone knowing the other kinds of things he was doing. Maybe he kept thinking just one more wild time with Jodi would get it out of his system and he could be the person all his family and friends thought he was. Who knows? But he did not treat Jodi kindly -- that I'm convinced of.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM

195 posts, read 350,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I dated a guy who acted a little like Alexander. He would run hot and cold. Sometimes he'd call asking me to come over, and by the time I got there he'd be stand offish like he wished I hadn't come. I never got the feeling he enjoyed this or got some pleasure or feeling of control out of it. I always thought he was struggling with something and thought a relationship with me was his way out. I don't know if he was gay or something else, but he had some sort of inner turmoil going on.

So I do feel some compassion for Alexander, even though he did treat Jodi like crap. I think the influence from the Mormon church and possibly his family wouldn't let him be who he wanted to be and perhaps at first he thought Jodi would help him appear to be what family/church wanted him to be. Then he'd get cold feet at living a lie for the rest of his life. Then their relationship turned into something that he was ashamed for friends and family to know about. Heck, they thought he was a virgin! No way he would feel comfortable with them even knowing he wasn't "chaste", let alone knowing the other kinds of things he was doing. Maybe he kept thinking just one more wild time with Jodi would get it out of his system and he could be the person all his family and friends thought he was. Who knows? But he did not treat Jodi kindly -- that I'm convinced of.
You are right, that is quite possible. I know people like that too here in Miami, FL and we are supposed to be a gay mecca, no mormons, not even religious people here. Still many men struggle with their sexuality. Many marry, others have unstable heterosexual relationships(like your example). I know plenty of men who came out in their 50's and 60's

I see your point. Interesting.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times
Jodi's holding her own pretty good so far in this cross. She's somewhat combative and Juan is all over the place with dates, and isn't clear in his points. Also, what relevance is it if Jodi calls her sister dumb? It doesn't seem like he is in control of the courtroom.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Jodi--"I have memory problems when men like you are yelling at me!" OH BOY!!!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:26 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Jodi--"I have memory problems when men like you are yelling at me!" OH BOY!!!!!
OH BOY!! is right, she is a cool customer. As a side bar was the dog there during the killing and was he left there alone with Travis until his room mates found him.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM

How old was Napoleon? I think they said he was a young dog. I've never had a young dog that required so little bonding and attention, from Travis, and all the roommates. So odd.

Didn't he bark or scratch at the bedroom door? My dogs won't let me take a bath in peace and quiet without paws scratching under the door, or whining at the very least.

Was the dog locked out of the room when they had sex? What did he do, just hang out by himself? Did the investigators test Napoleon for blood evidence? I suppose Jodi just completely avoided him when leaving that evening.

Last edited by trinity1111; 02-21-2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
If you put yourself in risky situations, you might end up hurt or dead. Just do the math, MathGuy. Do I feel sorry for drunk rape victims? yes,
And there we have it.....you feel sorry for some victims and not others.....because you identify with one more than the other.

How about we drive around and kill some hookers sometime....I mean, they have it coming like you said.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What is the deal with Travis' roomates? They come and go with their girlfriends all the while Travis is dead in another room. One would think that Travis' car in the garage, the unattended dog, and the smell would be a clue for them.
Gigantic male conspiracy no doubt. Don't worry, I get your point that he deserved it because he might have been mormon or done her anal etc.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
The prosecutor is gonna lose this case with his attitude imo. He has an agitating way that is gonna get on the nerves of the jury. I'm watching Jodi testify on Court TV right now. They must be re-playing yesterdays testimony today.

Last edited by JanND; 02-22-2013 at 09:30 AM..

Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Jodi's holding her own pretty good so far in this cross. She's somewhat combative and Juan is all over the place with dates, and isn't clear in his points. Also, what relevance is it if Jodi calls her sister dumb? It doesn't seem like he is in control of the courtroom.
I agree. She makes a good witness, she isn't appearing to be as rattled as the prosecutor that's for sure. I think that will be in the defense's favor...The prosecutor appears to be consistently badgering...So many opportunities for the defense to have said "Your Honor, asked and answered" I am beginning to think that the defense is letting this prosecutor run with it deliberately to the prosecutors detriment. Looking at the jurors when the camera scans them....I think the women jurors are not a appreciating his badgering..imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime