Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It is just that it takes so little effort to pull the trigger more than once – if the gun was a semi-automatic. That many stab woulds sounds like a crime of passion. It is hard for me to think that she would have stopped with only one trigger pull (dead or alive).

Is there any testimony on how long the knife blade was that stabbed Travis? It could have been a pocket knife that Travis used to cut the ropes and a butcher knife that was used for the crime? Just curious?
I don't know about the knife. I think she said it was a kitchen knife, but that could be just about any type of knife.

The thing is, I don't think it was a crime of passion. I think it was cold blooded murder. Shooting him in the head was just her final 'word' as it were. I can picture her standing over his dead body and grinning as she shoots. Then she went and tried to clean up and modify the crime scene. All JMO, of course.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:00 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
I'd say Jodi is pretty much "cooked" now.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:48 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
Premeditated murder. Lawyers here commenting on the trial mention that.
Knives make no noise, bullets do, probably the reason for one shot.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:04 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Premeditated murder. Lawyers here commenting on the trial mention that.
Knives make no noise, bullets do, probably the reason for one shot.
Good observation!

Old 03-02-2013, 05:26 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,694 times
Well, if you're going with the vantage that Jodi is a psychopathic, cold blooded killer who planned/pre-meditated the murder, and quietly at that!! .............then you have to admit she had BALLS to take on an enraged 185 lb. man who lifted weights and trained in wrestling, all with a .25 and measly kitchen knife.

And one shot was ok, noise-wise??
Personally, to eliminate the risk of the situation de-evolving into hand to hand combat, for my one shot, I would have used a 00 buck shot 12 gauge. In and out, no dragging bodies around, no chance of getting tackled.
Obviously, the neighbors or roommates paid no attention to the shenanigans going on in that house anyway, or paid any attention to the puppy, at that.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-02-2013 at 05:48 PM..

Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,092 times
Default Dateline of March 1, 2013

Just wondering if anyone saw the program last night, about the Arias case. There was a speaker there for the Mormon Church, and he stated that he did not feel Jody was really into being a Mormon, and that she joined the church just to be closer to her b/f.

But, what got my attention was that he said that he and the Mormon Church are for the death penalty, and that they will see that she gets it.

He also mentioned that the judge overseeing the case before was tough on Jody, and that the one she is getting now is going to seek justice at all costs. It seems to me that the Mormon Church is the one trying this case.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
I saw the Dateline show and I also live in Phoenix area following the case. I can tell you now that the Mormon Church has no influence on this case.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,488,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Just wondering if anyone saw the program last night, about the Arias case. There was a speaker there for the Mormon Church, and he stated that he did not feel Jody was really into being a Mormon, and that she joined the church just to be closer to her b/f.

But, what got my attention was that he said that he and the Mormon Church are for the death penalty, and that they will see that she gets it.

He also mentioned that the judge overseeing the case before was tough on Jody, and that the one she is getting now is going to seek justice at all costs. It seems to me that the Mormon Church is the one trying this case.
Oh man I didn't like that guy. Arrogant, judgmental. Ick. The younger guy who was Travis' friend was fine, he seemed like a nice normal guy. He at least acted like Travis had a part in the sex, whereas the older guy seemed to be saying Jodi lured Travis into being unchaste against his will.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:46 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Okay, I did not see the show, so keep that in mind when you read what I have to say... Whoever this LDS man was, he does not speak on behalf of the LDS Church and the LDS Church is not going to "see that she gets the death penalty." That is patently absurd. Futhermore, the man may very well have been a Mormon but "the Church" would never, ever, ever send someone to speak on its behalf (either for the defense or for the prosecution) in a murder trial. It quite simply isn't done.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Jodi is the face of evil and as a parent it makes me sick of thinking how this guy's live ended and how his family has to sit and listen to how he is portrait by an evil person.

Travis came from a poor family with lots of issues and made a lot of the short life he lived and was well respected from what I hear. Even if he tried all of the sex things with Jodi that doesn't mean she has any excuse for her actions.

If this jury let her off the hook when it comes to the death sentence then I don't know what they have been listening too. I do understand that they can't listen to one more word out of her mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime