Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 08:12 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post

Some people on this thread may be more interested in the legal proceedings and nuisances of the trial, and some may have personal interests or related experiences, ect. ect.

I understand some people don't care one bit in the WHY???, just that justice is served, or just that Jodi was born pure evil, that's why. All that is fine with me, I've NEVER personally attacked any poster on this thread.

But, if anyone adds information and insight as to the whole picture, I'm very interested in seeing all the puzzle pieces come together and form a clearer picture of toxic relationships and violence.
My interest hasn't been in the trial proceedings on the Arias case, nor a fan of capitol punishment. IMO justice was served.

A few of us here have the same interest. I like to dig into the "Why's", dynamics in toxic intimate partner relationships, stalking, background and history and profiling. It tells a story leading to crime.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:36 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,576,309 times
Quote:
My interest and focus are:

Criminal Psychology; the WHY, the study of the wills, thoughts, intentions and reactions of criminals.

Criminal Anthropology; the deeper study of WHAT makes someone commit a crime, also the reactions AFTER the crime, on the run or in court.

Forensic Psychology; where Psychology and the JUSTICE System intersect. The Forensic Psychologist determines whether the defendant is mentally competent to stand trial or not. The court also frequently appoints a forensic psychologist to assess the state of mind of the defendant at the time of the offense.
I am trying to understand "why and how" too. I have been following this thread and can see your reasoning totally.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
For God's sake, Trinity, will you please let Travis rest in peace !!!!!!!!!!!! You constantly are looking for ways to twist him into some sort of a monster and it is frankly a little tiring. If this were your Son or Brother who was slaughtered you would have a totally different viewpoint, I bet. I hope you never have to go through what the Alexanders are going through.

What the hell does it matter if Travis was having financial problems (and we don't even know that for sure) ? The economy turned sour for a lot of people, and I bet not many 28 year olds own a house as nice as the one Travis was able to buy, or drove nice cars like he did, or have the ability to go on trips like he did. Travis had it pretty much together and had one thing in his life that was cockeyed, and that was JA. Every other aspect of his life was pretty sound, and he had the respect and love of all who knew him.

Your constant mud slinging only shows how shallow you are, and how little respect you have for the dead. Let's put YOUR life under a microscope and see what skeletons we can find in your closet. It is very easy to sit here and push keyboard keys and be holier than thou, but none of us lead perfect lives or make perfect decisions.........and that includes Travis..........and me as well.

Don
Guys,

We are spending a lot of posts arguing on what is an acceptable post and what is not(I am guilty of that myself). The only poster that should be talking about what is an acceptable posts are the moderators. If you feel some of us are breaking any posting rules report us but let's stop these arguments. It takes this thread nowhere especially because it usually escalates to personal attacks. None of us are moderators so let's try to ignore those posts, take a deep breath and report those posts that we consider are breaking the True Crime forum guideliness.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
For God's sake, Trinity, will you please let Travis rest in peace !!!!!!!!!!!! You constantly are looking for ways to twist him into some sort of a monster and it is frankly a little tiring. If this were your Son or Brother who was slaughtered you would have a totally different viewpoint, I bet. I hope you never have to go through what the Alexanders are going through.

What the hell does it matter if Travis was having financial problems (and we don't even know that for sure) ? The economy turned sour for a lot of people, and I bet not many 28 year olds own a house as nice as the one Travis was able to buy, or drove nice cars like he did, or have the ability to go on trips like he did. Travis had it pretty much together and had one thing in his life that was cockeyed, and that was JA. Every other aspect of his life was pretty sound, and he had the respect and love of all who knew him.

Your constant mud slinging only shows how shallow you are, and how little respect you have for the dead. Let's put YOUR life under a microscope and see what skeletons we can find in your closet. It is very easy to sit here and push keyboard keys and be holier than thou, but none of us lead perfect lives or make perfect decisions.........and that includes Travis..........and me as well.

Don
I don't think Trinity is "peeing" on the grave of Travis, Trinity is just saying that Travis was far from a saint.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
'Fatal Attraction' with Micheal Douglas and Glenn Close, was a good example of a toxic film relationship that led to revenge and a shocking tragedy.

The film was the highest grossing film worldwide, non-the-less, of 1987.

I think it's interesting that even 20 years later, in 2008, Glenn Close said men still come up to her and say, "you scared the **** out of me" and some say "you saved my marriage".

Glenn Close said she consulted three separate shrinks for an inner profile of her character, who is meant to be suffering from a form of obsessive stalking.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:36 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
'Fatal Attraction' with Micheal Douglas and Glenn Close, was a good example of a toxic film relationship that led to revenge and a shocking tragedy.

The film was the highest grossing film worldwide, non-the-less, of 1987.

I think it's interesting that even 20 years later, in 2008, Glenn Close said men still come up to her and say, "you scared the **** out of me" and some say "you saved my marriage".

Glenn Close said she consulted three separate shrinks for an inner profile of her character, who is meant to be suffering from a form of obsessive stalking.
A lot men can't watch the Jodi Arias case. Maybe it reminds them of the times they treated women poorly or they don't want to destroy the perfect image of no strings attached sex.

Jodi's case is definitely a case of revenge. She thought she could plan the perfect murder but the police outsmarted her.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,167 times
To the person who said the judge can give life and freedom in 20 years or life and freedom in 15 if she fails to get death, uhhh, no.. If the new jury deadlocks on death the judge has the choice of life which is about 25 years or LWOP (Life Without Parole) which is natural life with no chance of freedom. This judge is an elected official and will NEVER give the 25 year option. It will be LWOP because she fears for her reelection. In addition, it was obvious, to me anyway, that she was pro prosecution.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 PM

362 posts, read 794,748 times
Well you know I am of two minds on the death penatly. I notice a pattern of male minorities followed by white men getting it the most with white women seeming to get it the least. If the death penalty was implemented more fairly based on the crime rather than the race then I think she deserves death, but Manson killed all those people and get to live and susan smith killed all them kids and gets to live in a sweet penthouse. So why should she go to jail, just because she is spanish? On the other hand she does probably deserve it the way sche butchered that man. I am conflicted. It'd be most fair she die, but its unfair to continue a system that doesn't give white women the death penalty.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
Well you know I am of two minds on the death penatly. I notice a pattern of male minorities followed by white men getting it the most with white women seeming to get it the least. If the death penalty was implemented more fairly based on the crime rather than the race then I think she deserves death, but Manson killed all those people and get to live and susan smith killed all them kids and gets to live in a sweet penthouse. So why should she go to jail, just because she is spanish? On the other hand she does probably deserve it the way sche butchered that man. I am conflicted. It'd be most fair she die, but its unfair to continue a system that doesn't give white women the death penalty.
1. Manson himself didn't "kill all those people." He was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and the murders were carried out by his followers. He was sentenced to death, but California eliminated the death penalty at one point so it was commuted to a life sentence. They later reinstated the DP but I guess they could not backtrack on his sentence.

2. Susan Smith lives in a "sweet penthouse"? I am somewhat surprised she didn't get the DP, but the jury felt she had sufficient mitigating factors (sexual abuse by her stepfather, etc).

3. Jodi went to jail because she premeditated an extremely cruel murder, not because she is "Spanish" (actually, her father is Mexican and her mother is Caucasian). She is eligible for the death penalty because she premeditated an extremely cruel murder. That is the only thing the jury should consider, in addition to any mitigating factors. I don't feel she has any mitigating factors to make her life worthy of being spared, but that will be for the jury to decide.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:43 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
1. Manson himself didn't "kill all those people." He was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and the murders were carried out by his followers. He was sentenced to death, but California eliminated the death penalty at one point so it was commuted to a life sentence. They later reinstated the DP but I guess they could not backtrack on his sentence.

2. Susan Smith lives in a "sweet penthouse"? I am somewhat surprised she didn't get the DP, but the jury felt she had sufficient mitigating factors (sexual abuse by her stepfather, etc).

3. Jodi went to jail because she premeditated an extremely cruel murder, not because she is "Spanish" (actually, her father is Mexican and her mother is Caucasian). She is eligible for the death penalty because she premeditated an extremely cruel murder. That is the only thing the jury should consider, in addition to any mitigating factors. I don't feel she has any mitigating factors to make her life worthy of being spared, but that will be for the jury to decide.

Wow...have you forgotten her recycling program already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime