Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Perhaps a question during voir dire should be racial prejudice, then again there's the question of honesty. How would you know if a jury panel member wasn't white supremacist or KKK affiliated, particularly in southern states where its most prevalent.

Concur with Sugah Rays previous reply.
It goes both ways. OJ had an all black jury and look what happened.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:25 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I wondered why she even was allowed after the guilty sentence was allowed to wear her own or lawyers clothes.

Most convicted murderers are wearing stripes for sentencing.

The glasses looked fake from day one so I'm not surprised. it was to make her look like a innocent liabrary girl and also the lowering of her chair was incl. to make that bring across. Not everyone is stupid and neither was this jury.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Looks like the movie about her is getting close, they released a trailer on it, I guess. I hate to say it, but I will probably watch the movie just out of curiousity.........kinda like not being able to look away from a train wreck. From the little snippet I saw on TV it looks like they are painting Jodi as very enraged. Bet little Jody will hate seeing herself portrayed in that way.

Don

Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wondered why she even was allowed after the guilty sentence was allowed to wear her own or lawyers clothes.

Most convicted murderers are wearing stripes for sentencing.

The glasses looked fake from day one so I'm not surprised. it was to make her look like a innocent liabrary girl and also the lowering of her chair was incl. to make that bring across. Not everyone is stupid and neither was this jury.
The whole thing with Arias was a joke, she had to keep taking the glasses off to see. LOL Another thing I didn't understand every jury I have served on in addition to those I have watched on my computer ... the judge always tells the defendant to stand when the verdict is delivered. Arias and the DT remained seated. Zimmerman trial will be over, Seacat killed his wife his trial is over, the abortion doc's trial is over, Lindsey Lowe killed her twins at birth her trial is over and we are still lollygagging around here with Princess Arias and her jesters Willmott and Nurmi. This judge hasn't had control of the proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Looks like the movie about her is getting close, they released a trailer on it, I guess. I hate to say it, but I will probably watch the movie just out of curiousity.........kinda like not being able to look away from a train wreck. From the little snippet I saw on TV it looks like they are painting Jodi as very enraged. Bet little Jody will hate seeing herself portrayed in that way.

Don
I just can't do it, I didn't watch the Casey Anthony movie and won't watch this one. Daughter didn't watch the trial but called this week and plans on watching the movie. I read yesterday Arias is still locked down 23 hours and not in the general population. I wonder if she has a TV and can watch her movie. Also, does anyone receive any money for this movie?

Old 06-21-2013, 11:10 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
It goes both ways. OJ had an all black jury and look what happened.
It goes without saying racial prejudice goes both ways.

The poster commented there's no white women on death row for killing a spouse or BF as well, when in fact 10 of the 12 who killed a spouse or BF are white. One on death row since 2004 in AZ for killing her husband.

That should end the discussion white women don't get death row sentences......maybe

Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don
They didn't even try to get actors that looked like the real people they're portraying. I guess the woman playing Jodi is close enough, except she doesn't have those soulless black shark eyes...but if I were Juan I'd be pretty insulted. And "Travis" looks like a 16 year old kid. I know it's going to be garbage but I understand the morbid curiosity aspect.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:49 AM

There was a Casey Anthony movie ?????? I never heard of it. When was it on and was it HBO or something ?

Oh, by the way, in the case of that little 18 month old who is also missing did anyone hear what the Mom is saying ? She says she knows who has the child but she has been threatened if she tells who it is . Does that sound familiar ? I guess she figures if Casey got away with it she might as well give it a shot . Disgusting.

Don

Old 06-22-2013, 01:03 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
I didn't know there was a Casey movie either...I Googled and it looks like it hasn't aired yet. Now why does Jeff Ashton get to be portrayed by Rob Lowe and Juan Martinez gets some no-name loser? And why is Rob Lowe doing roles like this and the Drew Peterson story when he's a talented actor with a legitimate career? (I did watch the Peterson movie just to see if Rob could pull it off...it was crap.)

Prosecuting Casey Anthony | myLifetime.com

Old 06-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Drew Peterson...........there is another piece of work !

Don

Old 06-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Well, I watched about 15 minutes of that JA movie last night, Dirty little secret, and it was so lame I had to change channels. You would have thought they could have found some actors who sort of looked like the characters they were portraying, and also who could maybe act.

There is 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime