Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times

Advertisements

^^ Ditto Gimme!! No one will remember her! I give it a week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 PM

8,955 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Lauren and Scotty......two VERY BIG thumbs up for them!
Now, the thing is, Lauren can do a much better cross-over into Pop/Rock than Scotty can. Scotty is pretty much Country only. Wonder if that will hurt him in the end?
Have to agree, Haley left very honorably and gracefully. Very proud of Haley!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:02 PM

8,955 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Are you saying that us old Rockers can't "oo-gall" at a cute girl?? Steven and I are the same age,but my looks are better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Yea ole Steven is a little old and creepy for all that oo-galling.
Last week he was checking out both girls as they went behind the judges desk.
I think he cause Haley to lose confidence

Old 05-19-2011, 08:07 PM

869 posts, read 1,125,228 times
haley was the best many a night but she gave us many clinkers too

that farewell performance was atrocious, ok so maybe she was not in the best of mood for that one

Old 05-19-2011, 08:07 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
At the end, I liked all three. But I am happy with the finalists. I really hope Lauren wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I absolutely loved the reaction on the face! Priceless!

If looks could kill... Sorry but I wonder if that girl will ever realize that attitude is probably what caused her to lose.
Her smug attitude is what put me off. I gave her kudos for her singing when warranted, but still ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I'm sorry, mom, but she brought it on herself with her attitude. I've admitted that she has a good voice -- but she surely read the comments about her spoiled-rotten-gimmee attitude and, since she chose not to do something about it, she paid the price.
During her home visit, that one fan was crying and sticking out her hand and wail-ee just shined her on and ignored her outstretched hand. And she is not even a star yet. Come on! How difficult would it be to shake one fan's outstretched hand?

I know she can't acknowledge everyone, but this girl was right next to wailee.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
At the end, I liked all three. But I am happy with the finalists. I really hope Lauren wins.

Her smug attitude is what put me off. I gave her kudos for her singing when warranted, but still ...

During her home visit, that one fan was crying and sticking out her hand and wail-ee just shined her on and ignored her outstretched hand. And she is not even a star yet. Come on! How difficult would it be to shake one fan's outstretched hand?

I know she can't acknowledge everyone, but this girl was right next to wailee.
ROFL @ Wai-lee!
Exactly. She is all for herself. Nobody else. No one likes Haley more than Haley herself!

Quote:
Lauren and Scotty......two VERY BIG thumbs up for them!
Now, the thing is, Lauren can do a much better cross-over into Pop/Rock than Scotty can. Scotty is pretty much Country only. Wonder if that will hurt him in the end?
I was thinking the same thing. Scotty is old style country and Lauren is more of the Carrie Underwood type-more nouveau country. I am not a fan of country but they hit the notes and are very talented!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:11 PM

302 posts, read 580,450 times
Quote:
What I, and others, don't care for is attitude. I don't care who you think you are. If you put yourself out there to be critiqued you better be able to suck it up and take the criticism, be it good or bad. When you stand before the judges and they tell you something you don't like, arguing with them and glaring at them earns you no brownie points. A spoiled little girl attitude just doesn't make it. Besides, it does this beautiful and talented young lady no favors.
Every week the (two of the )judges would critique Haley while giving passes to the others. Three weeks in a row because of this she landed in the bottom three. She didn't always fight back in fact it wasn't until the last couple of weeks that she even said anything. She listened to Jimmy (who was really the only person who had anything of worth to say about any of the singers) but I think she'd pretty much concluded (with a lot of us) that the judges were incompetent.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
Every week the (two of the )judges would critique Haley while giving passes to the others. Three weeks in a row because of this she landed in the bottom three. She didn't always fight back in fact it wasn't until the last couple of weeks that she even said anything. She listened to Jimmy (who was really the only person who had anything of worth to say about any of the singers) but I think she'd pretty much concluded (with a lot of us) that the judges were incompetent.
Incompetent? No. Fair, yes. America voted her off not the judges!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Yaa! So happy for Hee and Haw tonight. I'm not gonna rub it in with Haley... just realize that you now know how I felt last week when James got voted off... my pic for the top spot.

"Where where are you tonight?..."

Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Thanks for debating the issue and not each other. Please remember no personal attacks. For the most part you guys have been AWESOME posters!!! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV