Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times

Advertisements

Didn't know that about David Hernandez. Looking forward to tonight though--

My faves.. David Archuleta (TOP FAVE)- Michael Johns (not based on LW performance though) and The little philipino girl...It's so early though, we have to see who can do all the Genre's and not just one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
I think Archuleta and the Irish girl are by far the best singers and should be final two contestants at the end of the show. My money is on the Irish girl to win though. I think Archuleta will alienate some voters with his "diva-ish" attitude and being a bit too feminine.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:42 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I think Archuleta and the Irish girl are by far the best singers and should be final two contestants at the end of the show. My money is on the Irish girl to win though. I think Archuleta will alienate some voters with his "diva-ish" attitude and being a bit too feminine.
Ooops. My mistake. Its Danny Noriega who is the "diva-ish" feminine guy who needs to work on his ego. Archuleta is cool.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Paula said tonight was "Phenomenal." Maybe she meant, phenomenally bad. I love '80s music and was super psyched for this episode.

Luke Menard: terrible, bad, corny.
David Archuleta: good, of course. No surprises there.
Danny Noriega: really, really bad. He's a good singer but should be immediately removed after this performance.
David Hernandez: the stripper is allowed to stay in the competition, apparently. He sang a Celine Dion song...it was fair at best, especially compared to Celine.
Michael John: pretty bad, boring. The end was slightly redeeming.
David Cook: very good! Sang Lionel Richie's "Hello" while playing a bit of the electric guitar. It was a different version, and was really good. I'd enjoy hearing it on the radio.
Jason Castro: this kid seems like an idiot, but his performances get better every week. He sang "Hallelugha" (yes, I know I spelled that wrong) by Jeff Buckley (love Jeff Buckley!!!) and it was really good, right on point.
Chikezie: very good, almost outstanding.

I think Luke and Danny will be voted off.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM

60 posts, read 163,235 times
I want Luke and Chikezie gone tomorrow.

David C. was a really nice surprise despite the technical issues in the beginning, that must have been nerve wrecking. I can see him lasting through this competition to the top 4-6.
Danny, I just can't get over the fact that he started off his song with a very feminine rocker chick kick! He is astonishingly gay and I am so sick of seeing his face.
David H. controversy aside, he was good tonight, he comes more and more into his own skin week after week, its nice to see that.
Michael Johns, he is not up to par with his audition week in Hollywood when he blew me away with Bohemian Rhapsody. He needs to step it up.
Jason was surprisingly good. I think he smokes too much weed but otherwise his voice I think could lead up to top 6-8 before he's out as long as he picks good songs.
David A. was a disappointment this week. I hated the arrangement, I thought it lacked the charm he was showing off in previous weeks. And I'm really sick of the little shy boy act, this kid MUST know he's good, so be a little more confident and show it. I know he has it in him based off how well he interviews. His smile is very endearing.

Side note, seriously all these contestants this time have excellent straight bright white smiles for the guys. It's so nice to see that.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
LOL at Jason smoking too much weed.
My top three of the night:
Jason Castro - I think he's so adorably gorgeous and I loved his song choice tonight! Hallelujah is one of my favorite songs and I may never erase this episode from my DVR.
David Cook - I've liked him from the beginning and I thought the arrangement was fantastic since I've never really been a Lionel Ritchie fan.
Michael Johns - although not quite up there with his Hollywood audition, he really does remind me of Michael Hutchence. But then I love 80's music and was a fan of INXS.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:35 AM

155 posts, read 558,769 times
Jason Castro is freaking YUMMY! I do agree that he seems a bit...off though. That's alright, he ain't got to talk to me!

I didn't like David C.'s version of "hello" it was horrible. I am a huge Lionel Richie fan.

I don't care about David H.'s stripping. He did really good tonight.

I'm really proud of jacuzzi.

I like Danny. His performance was horrible today, but it wasn't as bad as Luke.

Luke can go jump off a bridge and take Amanda with him.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:23 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,491,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Paula said tonight was "Phenomenal." Maybe she meant, phenomenally bad. I love '80s music and was super psyched for this episode.

Luke Menard: terrible, bad, corny.
David Archuleta: good, of course. No surprises there.
Danny Noriega: really, really bad. He's a good singer but should be immediately removed after this performance.
David Hernandez: the stripper is allowed to stay in the competition, apparently. He sang a Celine Dion song...it was fair at best, especially compared to Celine.
Michael John: pretty bad, boring. The end was slightly redeeming.
David Cook: very good! Sang Lionel Richie's "Hello" while playing a bit of the electric guitar. It was a different version, and was really good. I'd enjoy hearing it on the radio.
Jason Castro: this kid seems like an idiot, but his performances get better every week. He sang "Hallelugha" (yes, I know I spelled that wrong) by Jeff Buckley (love Jeff Buckley!!!) and it was really good, right on point.
Chikezie: very good, almost outstanding.

I think Luke and Danny will be voted off.
I too was quite surprised when Paula said "Phenomenal." The NIGHT was not. But then again...there's always the rumors about Paula being drugged and something wrong, so perhaps in her little mind they were phenomenal!

David Cook- I did like that performance, and I don't really care too much for the original. I think I liked him the best. (and he's hot)

David A- I think he was better than the judges gave him credit for last night. We all know he's great, but I really felt he did pretty good last night!

Michael J- good, very good..........but he's not blowing me away anymore (besides his looks). I think he feels safe because he does sing very well and he is very HOT and he has experience, so I think he feels he doesn't have to work as hard, that it just comes effortlessly....but it comes effortlessy and better to others, so he better get his magic back.

David H- I think he's good but I jsut hated the song. If I liked the song I probably would have said great. I don't give a rat's behind about him being a stripper. I didn't care about Frenchie. I understand that they want the American Idol to be an "idol" and pure and innocent...but for that's not realistic for most...and an idol to me is someone who has actually experienced bad times, and pulled through to make a great life and if stripping and naked pictures were their bad times- well obviously they are trying to make a better life for themselves! HEck, maybe they should just stop letting single mothers in the competition since their kids were born out of wedlock!! If they're going to be "bible thumping", they have to do it across the boards and not pick and choose. Now, I do understand in a bit about criminals...if they've been in jail.

Jason- liked it, but haven't liked any other week.

Danny- that's a shame because I don't think this boy has done great any week, but he actually does have a voice. People compare him to Sanjaya...but I never really thought Sanjaya could sing. I do think Danny can sing, I just think that he hasn't found the right song, or learned to fully let his voice out.

I didn't really like jacuzzi.

Luke?? Bye bye.

In the end, I think Luke will definitely hit the road, and it's a toss up between Danny, Jason (for some reason, I think some people don't like him) and Jacuzzi.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:41 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Paula definitely seemed off last night. And did you all notice when she stood up that she was swaying around and Simon made her sit down? Her hair looked good though.

I also don't care about David H. stripping, I just wondered how Fox would handle it given that they kicked Frenchie out for much less.

I want Luke and Jacuzzi to go tonight.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:02 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
David C. was the BOMB (channeling Randy here) tonight! I don't care if you like Lionel Ritchie or not (I do), he made that song relavent for today's style. GREAT!

Michael - Loved it...one of my fave 80's songs and I thought he did great with it. Anyone else think he and Heath Ledger look alike?

David H - I thought it was very good....that boy can sing! He hit the money notes and his voice is so smooth. Didn't know about the stripping and couldn't care less.

David A. - I thought he sounded better tonight but didn't like the song or what he did with it. I'm just not on the David train. He's ok but I'm with acors on the shy boy thing. He needs to get over himself. I just can't see him selling tons of CD's.

Jason - Did very well until the end. I'm surprised no one called him on the screech at the end. He is a great singer but I hate the dreads and the dope smokin' aura he puts off.

Luke was beyond pitiful. He is gorgeous but good Lord, I don't even get why he is there. They let better guys than him go in Hollywood. I so hope he's gone tonight.

Chickeze - I just don't feel it for him. He's ok but he's not blowing me away.

Danny - I just don't like his overly feminine, diva crap. He should be singing with the girls. It's one thing to be gay but why does he have to perpetuate the feminine side of himself so much? He mangled a great song and I don't think he can sing that well.

I think it's time for Luke and Danny (preferably) or Chickeze to go. The other guys deserve to be in the top 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV