Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Nope, I do wonder about him though. He's overlooked in most stories. I wonder about his family.
I was being facetious. I enlarged the photo.?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 09:46 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
I was being facetious. I enlarged the photo.?????
He just looks like a guy when I enlarge it. I can't make out about facial features to determine race. I'll have to look on my iPad tomorrow.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:51 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
He just looks like a guy when I enlarge it. I can't make out about facial features to determine race. I'll have to look on my iPad tomorrow.
He seems to be standing in a shadow, so he's hard to make out. The photo comparison work in the TV documentary makes everything more clear.

A Commander Bridwell has been mentioned in the discussion, regarding his research and statements about the Saipan theory. I looked him up, and found a site called "The Truth At Last". Here's some interesting info regarding where the Commander got his info, to have the authority to say AE & co. were on Saipan: (emphasis in the original)

How then did Earhart and Noonan get to Saipan if they did not fly the Lockheed there. Commander Paul Bridwell, Commandant NavAd Saipan, came up with the answer. The pair had gone down in or near the Marshalls and had been brought to Saipan, then the military headquarters for the Mandates, by Japanese ship to Yap, and then a flight by Japanese Naval Seaplane. Bridwell said there was proof to this theory contained in the logs of four United States Logistic Vessels, THE GOLD STAR, THE BLACKHAWK, THE HENDERSON, and THE CHAUMOUNT, which had been plying the Pacific in 1938 and ’39 supplying the Far East Fleet. “Certain coded messages sent from Japanese vessels and shore installations,” said Bridwell, “were intercepted by these ships.”

https://earharttruth.wordpress.com/t...paul-bridwell/

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-12-2017 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-12-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Nope, I do wonder about him though. He's overlooked in most stories. I wonder about his family.
I read he didn't have kids, nor siblings, so there's no one to get a DNA match from, if any bones were found.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:28 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
One thing we do know....the History Channel should have done the simple research that this blogger did. Took the guy 10 minutes on the internet to find this. True or not, this info should have been found by one of the History Channels "crack team of investigators".

Old 07-13-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
One thing we do know....the History Channel should have done the simple research that this blogger did. Took the guy 10 minutes on the internet to find this. True or not, this info should have been found by one of the History Channels "crack team of investigators".
The blogger was probably searching in Japanese, & so located the book title quickly. Searching in English might not have turned up much. Did they even know the photo was from a Japanese book? I missed that part of the show, if they even mentioned it, other than that it was found in the National Archives.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:24 AM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The blogger was probably searching in Japanese, & so located the book title quickly. Searching in English might not have turned up much. Did they even know the photo was from a Japanese book? I missed that part of the show, if they even mentioned it, other than that it was found in the National Archives.
From what I know.....they only knew that the photo was found in the National Archives. Since the photo was what anchored the 2 hour show it would behoove the History Channel to do more research than they did.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
It was, and they said it was taken by a US spy that was later executed. I'm guessing that's why they didn't research further.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,642,406 times
Quote:
I read he didn't have kids, nor siblings, so there's no one to get a DNA match from, if any bones were found.
The only way to DNA test on Noonan's side is to exhume one of his parents.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:58 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
It was, and they said it was taken by a US spy that was later executed. I'm guessing that's why they didn't research further.
They must have assumed it was an American picture. Trouble with tv, they like to sensationalize things, blow them all out of proportion--NEW-NEW-NEW-!!!!! They must have though few would watch if they didn't have something NEW and EXCITING!

Should we entirely eliminate that photo as evidence then? Any chance that the Japanese date could be wrong? Although other people did say that the flags and other things in the picture come from earlier than 1937.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV