Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:35 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times

Advertisements

OK, I will just ignore the rude "grandma of 10 kids" remark and move on. Some people have little minds.

Without question, there is a problem surrounding marijuana cultivation in Shasta and other counties. Pictures have been posted and arguments against and in favor of medical marijuana have been stated. Studies of the effects of marijuana can support both sides depending on where you get your information. I'm not going to pull up pages and pages of documentation and photos to satisfy a non-believer. Real facts can be found, but don't bother with government or pharmaceutical sites. They are pretty much all one-sided.

Some reports state that marijuana has been around and used for various ailments since 8,000 BC. You would think that we would see very clearly after all these years any harmful effects. Doesn't that make sense? There are now 10 pharmaceuticals which contain elements of marijuana. Only one of which has made it to its current state. Why do you think that is so? Could it be that it has medicinal qualities? It wouldn't be surprising. Many pharmaceuticals have started with a plant. Take aspirin for instance. It was derived from Willow and Myrtle. So big pharmaceutical companies want to keep you believing it is dangerous. That is until they find the magic pill that they can make billions of dollars on. And they spend a lot to keep you thinking that way. So far they have not been successful. Marinol was never accepted by cancer patients and other groups.

Here we have a perfectly good plant in its natural state that helps many people with various ailments. I don't know about you, but I would rather use Medical Marijuana than take dangerous prescription drugs which have a huge amount of evidence showing how deadly they are. It's a choice, and we should be able to make that choice without discrimination.

The DEA has marijuana listed as a Schedule I drug, yep right up there with heroin. Meth is a Schedule II drug, so marijuana is worst than Meth? Right. Meth is one of the worst, most addicting substances made. Marijuana should never had been classified as Schedule I. I believe it was a San Diego university that did studies on all the drug classifications and determined it was not classified correctly. Wonder why?

Measure A is not going to cure the enormous cultivation problem in Shasta County. It only hurts those Medical Marijuana patients in need. Why should they be forced to build an outdoor grow building at a cost of over $10,000. Who the heck can afford that? Medical Marijuana patients are not allowed to sell what they grow. It is against the Federal and State laws. It is meant for personal use. Laws are already in place that protect the community. Don't add laws to your community that don't make sense.

Protect your rights. Vote NO on Measure A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 07:59 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,222 times
The train has left the station on the mj issue. It's only a matter of time before CA becomes like CO & WA in regard to mj laws. For the record, I do not use mj and would not hang around with anyone who would use it in my presence. The drug war in regard to mj is a failure. There is too much of a demand and not just by individuals standing in line at Walmart with missing teeth......I think you will find wide spread usage by middle class & upper class tax payers. I remember reading about one CEO of a well known Wall Street firm who was known to smoke mj and supposedly even bragged that he had the best weed in Manhattan..... for any doubters, it is mentioned in the well researched 500 page book titled "Too Big to Fail"
During Prohibition (Alcohol) you had illegal stills popping up everywhere. There is another crop that over years seems to have been increasing in CA and is a money maker......that crop is wine grapes/vineyards. Alcohol not used in moderation has caused untold cost to society and to the individuals who become alcoholics .....if one looks, one will have no trouble finding medical articles about how excess alcohol can damage your body, including the brain. I have seen alcoholics up and close. (coworker, family member)
A certain % of the population are prone to have addiction risk (the doper)....it could be to mj, alcohol, gambling, prescription pills......from my reading, there is likely a biological/genetic component that plays some part in the addiction process. Finally, I think there are some illegal drugs like meth or crack cocaine that carry a great addiction risk for most people who try them..

Old 09-26-2014, 10:02 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Actually measure A help protect medical marijuana patients while allowing LEO to concentrate on illegal grows.. any conjecture otherwise is false.

The 95 percent non compliance rate is FOR medical marijuana patient grows in Shasta County.. not illegal grows.. illegal is just that ...100 percent illegal. You want to focus on the what you deem 10 percent of ciriminal element involved... those are the illegal grows that cannot be focused upon because of your abhorrent behaviors.. which you continually refuse to see...you forget .. all your "medicine grows" draw the criminal element to them.. tweakers love to rip off dopers... dopers have to protect their weed so they get guns,,, except many weeders also have criminal convictions.. the toilet cycle just gets worse

So.. I wonder ..how do your neighbors really feel about you growing.. about the stink... about perhaps not you but the "normal" 95 percenter who is non compliant and has low life buyer traffic all day and night coming by...
Dopers instead of seeking ways to get along with their neighbors and reduce their obnoxious actions demand more and more (and welfare for weed is coming soon to California abet doper promises they wont use social welfare.. in reality many of them are stealing from every one of us..including you "good dope" growers.

The normal grow take is 30-100k per harvest so having someone spend money to grow their medicine absolutely seems fair to me.. and why do you get to grow it anyway?.. if its real "medicine" lets get it into the healthcare system of production, perscription, and distribution... where purity and effecacy can be assured.. not your "its organic"... "promise".... what total BUNK

Why should you get to grow your "medicine" when NO OTHER DRUG is produced in such a manner.. what makes you so special.. what makes your ailment any dfferent than that of anyone else.. NOTHING .. and again MJ has very limited promise for very limited conditions.. twenty years from now it may have more,, but for now the bad substantially outweighs the good... you refuse to answer FACTS brought forward.. about how bad it is for you.. you just hyperfocus on what you want.

Nope.. dopers dont want their "medicine" within the health system.. because THEY JUST WANT TO GET HIGH

Chances are very high... Grandma (no pun intended but funny anyway).. that one or more of your grandkids is using your "medicine" to get high.. perhaps even stealing it from your grow.. or maybe you have them trim for you and you just give it to them... (of course you would then short circuit their ability to grow a healthy mind and would confine them to a life dumbed down.. is this ok? )

Measure A will help this substantially.. no longer will it be behind the backstop at Foothill High.. and across from the soccer field at Bella Vista Elementary (where the kids have to smell it at recess)... nope.. your activity is so in your face and so obnoxious you have no one to blame but the doper community at large..

How could anyone expect someone who uses narcotics to self regulate their behavior in any manner,,, they demonstrate by their actions they are selfish ...self centered ...lacking conscious behavior lost in a pipe...

You say the building would be 10k... a drop in the bucket for the typical grow... but I also dispute this number.. there will be capitalists that will do it for half that,, you'll see... turn key doper sheds will become a cottage industry here,, places like Quality Shed and Axner will make a killing.. local jobs local companies.. and please go back and read the measure carefully.. there are provsions for caretakers growing.. and 12 plants in a huge amount of MJ.. so Im sure sharing will occur.. law or not.. theri will be many dopers who wont comply no matter what regulations are brought forth.. thats already been pointed out.. but thats insufficient a reason not to try

Measure A is an excellent compromise.. allowing dopers to get their "medicine".. improving air and water quality.. adding jobs to the local economy.. reducing the opportunity for crime substantially.. reducing exposure to chidren.. its a win win..

VOTE YES ON MEASURE A

I promised pictures and unlike dopers who have showed us they dont care to integrate into our community and routinely lie about their marijuana activities I keep my word

Well.. typical backyard grow.. who wants to live next to this.. only another doper...

Just for your grandkids.. another great example.. grandma using drugs.. its ok kiddies.... NOT

Round Mountain area.. good stewards of the earth.. bunk.. bulldoze for grows.. all "medicine"... how about environmental disaster

And who can forget the associated behavior that comes along with more drugs.. in this case a honey oil fire (common here now) this one on Lawrence Road in Redding.. where there's money there will be those who want to make it faster.. easier and better,,, the dopers are always looking for way to maximize their profits

Lets be accurate folks.. Measure A protects the rights of everyone...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-26-2014 at 10:20 AM..

Old 09-26-2014, 10:59 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Good heavens

I have just seen a vision in the above "War and Peace" length post by Officer Friendly! It was an image of him being strapped into a straight jacket. Frothing at the mouth. Shouting gibberish and flailing his legs, as he was being dragged away to have Thorazine administered to subdue his psychotic rantings.

Tch. And to think he could have avoided it all with just a simple toke of the lovely weed.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:58 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Why should you get to grow your "medicine" when NO OTHER DRUG is produced in such a manner.. what makes you so special.. what makes your ailment any dfferent than that of anyone else.. NOTHING

What makes you so special, as you just threw out a perky, juicy kiss on the lips of Big Pharma with this little tirade? Again, paid off much?
This is precisely why granting MMJ patients the right to grow their own medicine is an imperitive goal - to get out from under the overwhelming, destructive, outrageously expensive, misguided, faceless, duplicitous cabal that is Big Pharma in this country. Homegrown MMJ represents a direct threat to their marginal profits, and fits quite more comfortably within the Hippocratic Oath than for-profit medicine ever will. Which is why it's seen as a grave danger by the grand institutions across the land, as it's continued, unbelievable Schedule 1 designation illustrates.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:27 PM

Power and control... that's an addiction, you know. Perhaps the following article can provide insight.

Daniel A. Bochner, Ph.D. - The Power and Control Addiction*

Old 09-26-2014, 06:05 PM

All this talk about green herbs made me think of an old T.V. show. Do you remember it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrbPAt1_vc4

Old 09-26-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Good heavens

I have just seen a vision in the above "War and Peace" length post by Officer Friendly! It was an image of him being strapped into a straight jacket. Frothing at the mouth. Shouting gibberish and flailing his legs, as he was being dragged away to have Thorazine administered to subdue his psychotic rantings.

Tch. And to think he could have avoided it all with just a simple toke of the lovely weed.
"I'm a donkey on the edge!"

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Shrek

Old 09-27-2014, 03:02 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,767 times
Wonk indeed.

The OP's paragraphs remind me of those arguments/rebuttals and statements of proposed laws/measures that we get in those pamphlets around election time. Long, boring, and discouraging anyone(ok, me ) from knowledgeable participation in the legislative process.

I am not sure notmeofficer didn't write this bill. Seems he will be running for office soon.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Well.. the out of town usual suspects.. self professed drug abusers continue to try and drive the discussion.. Im happy you all post up because it highlights what drug use does to people

As to MEASURE A... it was crafted by county staff at the direction of the Board of Supervisors. This was after exhaustive public input. Also of note.. pro-marijuana groups were given unfettered access and private meetings with county staff while anti-drug community groups did not receive the same access... pretty telling about what money can buy.. I certainly didnt get to speak with staff.. if I did I would have given them a mountain of evidence and an earful. I would cut off your social benefits if I wrote the ordinance.... that would sober some of you up...

My views are steeled based upon personal experience of a lifetime of dealing with dopers and drug addicts.. I dont trust any of you.. nor should I or anyone else.. the behavior of drug addicts.. cannot be trusted.. ever.. As a county we have seen the wholesale destruction of our environment.. the pollution of the minds and bodies of our children,, and our neighborhoods pitted against each other all for the dopers ability to get high. It is interesting to me (but expected) that not one of you disputed the hard evidence that I provided,, because you cant,,, it is what it is,, from doper sailors who dont want to accept any responsibility for being a part of the problem to grandmothers who dont want the inconvenient truth they are contributing to the potential addictions (and physical harm) of their grandchildren.. all you can provide is "smoke some dope man" as your responses.. As an aside I wonder how many of MJ addicts are living on the dole or gaming the system with false disabilities.. I just bet it would surprise us..

It tweaks drug focused individuals... conscious living escapes them. They try as hard as they can to find personal darts to throw at people like me.. they want those of us living a personally driven conscious life to drink.. or have used drugs... or to in some way be defective like them.. well now boys and girls news flash.. there are many many Americans who are just like me and dont use drugs or alcohol.. dont abuse our bodies.. seek and live conscious lives.. in other words walk the walk..without any addiction to bolster us.. born again as some of you profess... whats that? it means you didnt get it right on the road you were on.. I think you certainly would try harder if given another chance... but maybe its like being a drug addict.. always wanting another chance..

It is hard for people who are defective to see that others dont live like them.. or want to in any fashion.. nor do we want your behaviors to affect our life path..our freedom.. and our freedom from all of you... but druggies want to draw us all into their dysfunctional lives... nope... not happening sports fans. I want to leave the world way better than I found it.. and any existence with drugs is a negative contributor to that desire for me.. you want to smoke dope,, have at it.. I hope your life spark is short lived.. you certainly short circuit your abilities...

More evidence for Measure A

Not one part of the ordinance is oppresive to anyone who is really growing for their personal use. Druggies are fighting it so hard because it holds them accountable for what they already agreed to for the most part. (and 95 percent are not in compliance with the rules they already agreed to) Its all about the drugs and the money folks.. we already demonstrated that the ordinance allows the typical marijuana user the ability to grow over 16,000 standard size joints per harvest (and if they are a really good grower they can do that more than once per year)

16,000 doses.. lets write that out for the slow snynapse folks ..sixteen thousand doses... of anything is a lot of "medicine"... but hey lets say just for argument that most of the medical marijuana recommendations are bogus and for things that marijuana has no documented use for.. but being a compassionate liberal society we just want people to be "free".. so we let them use no matter what the outcomes

Isnt 16000 joints enough for a user per year? Id love to hear any one of you pro dopers dispute that number..well.. anyone.. (the silence is remarkable)

We only have to look to Washington or Colorado to see how doper nation behavior is changing their states... from the Rocky Mountain High report... Ive alrealy posted it up for some of you to read.. I know you like pictures and colors better.. and evidence and the inconvenient truth is hard to bear.. it is what it is..

1. The majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana and 25 to 40 percent were marijuana alone. (Redding is starting to see this with 50 percent of DUI respondents self reporting they use MJ and alcohol together now)

2. In 2012, 10.47 percent of Colorado youth ages 12 to 17 were considered current marijuana users compared to 7.55 percent nationally. Colorado ranked fourth in the nation, and was 39 percent higher than the national average.

(Shasta County has seen a similar jump)

3. Drug-related student suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent from school years 2008-09 through 2012-13, the vast majority were for marijuana violations.

( I have no statistical evidence on this)

4. In 2012, 26.81 percent of college age students were considered current marijuana users compared to 18.89 percent nationally, which ranks Colorado third in the nation and 42 percent above the national average.

(Shasta College self reporting respondents mirror this) Thankfully the students I have the privlege of teaching are drug tested.. so their ability and my efforts dont get pissed away in dead brain cells....

5. In 2013, 48.4 percent of Denver adult arrestees tested positive for marijuana, which is a 16 percent increase from 2008.

(Shasta County mirrors this..)

6. From 2011 through 2013 there was a 57 percent increase in marijuana-related emergency room visits.

Andrew Deckert our County health officer agrees with this stat and says our County has a similar crisis

7. Hospitalizations related to marijuana has increased 82 percent since 2008.

Ditto as above

"The more available marijuana is, the more likely teens may use. In Shasta County during the 2008-09 school year, 10%
of 7th graders and 75% of 11th graders reported that it is “very easy” or “fairly easy” to obtain marijuana. Further, 33% of 9th graders and 42% of 11th graders reported that they had tried marijuana at least once"
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/HHSA...als/Winter2011,,,,. Thanks grandma.. thanks sailor,, thanks beer bonger.. thanks born again..

Just another of the many hidden costs of the out of control MJ in our county.. much of it due to uncontrolled access to marijuana

Measure A has a component of accountability in it.

VOTE YES ON MEASURE A.. do not let druggies control our county.. do not let out of town big lobbyist marijuana money drive this issue,,

How about some pictures next time to hold the attention of the potaholics?.. so many pretty colors.. cool!!!

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-27-2014 at 06:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California