Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 12:11 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
I really hope you and every other 2nd Amendment nut on this forum realize that you have some bizarre hero fantasy in your head. Think of how many trained professionals it took to take down that Vegas shooter, or the one at Pulse before they killed so many. Yet, somehow you people are so gifted with a piece that you could take down an armed criminal in one shot.

I'm sure those guys with guns will do the honorable thing and wait for you to get your piece (unless you just have it in your hand at all times), then get back-to-back, walk ten paces, then shoot.

Or back to my earlier point: you have a bizarre hero fantasy where you think you'll save the day. God... here, really impress me with this: under California Penal Code 837, you can make a citizen's arrest. Why not grow a pair and confront someone you see committing a crime (ANY CRIME, no matter how trivial, even selling without a permit or parking in a forbidden zone) and record your findings? I'd really be curious to see how brave you really are.
How many trained professionals to take down the Vegas shooter? ZERO. He took himself out the second he felt armed response was closing in. The Pulse shooter? Sure, once he barricaded himself in. Had any of the club guests been armed, who knows what the outcome would have been.

We '2nd Amendment nut' types are more concerned about having the opportunity option and duty to defend our family and ourselves from those who wish to cause mayhem. We have no fantasy, and many of us train for these types of incidents, right alongside law enforcement. Just because you don't own, you don't train, you oppose self defense, of course you would spout that silliness that you did above. You have no knowledge of this space. Just so you know, part of the training, is a well concealed carry, fast draw and accurate fire. Self defense by firearm, or mitigation of an active shooter event happens all the time, and just because CNN doesn't show it to you doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 04:27 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,009 times
I
Quote:
I really hope you and every other 2nd Amendment nut on this forum realize that you have some bizarre hero fantasy in your head. Think of how many trained professionals it took to take down that Vegas shooter, or the one at Pulse before they killed so many. Yet, somehow you people are so gifted with a piece that you could take down an armed criminal in one shot.

I'm sure those guys with guns will do the honorable thing and wait for you to get your piece (unless you just have it in your hand at all times), then get back-to-back, walk ten paces, then shoot.

Or back to my earlier point: you have a bizarre hero fantasy where you think you'll save the day. God... here, really impress me with this: under California Penal Code 837, you can make a citizen's arrest. Why not grow a pair and confront someone you see committing a crime (ANY CRIME, no matter how trivial, even selling without a permit or parking in a forbidden zone) and record your findings? I'd really be curious to see how brave you really are.
Yep, two jolly old fat men that are hero's. Get a life. I'm a sportsman.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:31 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
So, you disagree that felons should not have firearms? If you do agree, how are we to check if someone is a felon before they buy a firearm or ammunition? This is bipartisan...92% of all voters
For someone who's been through the military, your reading comprehension is low.

Firearms purchase requires a NICS background check. It's already the law. Enforce existing laws.

If you can not regulate firearm purchases, the ammo purchase is even harder to enforce. The fact that the State of California wants to enforce ammunition purchase law, there goes just show you that they've admitted defeat in enforcing the firearm purchase law.

What's next? Have the Sheriffs loiter around the gun range and demand proof that everyone has purchase their ammunition legally? After all, "we want to make sure..." no felons have illegally obtained ammunition, correct? While you at it, have the Sheriffs check every shooters' legal immigration status at the range? Oh this going to have the Left up in arms.

Quote:
You want your government to allow violent criminals to have access to firearms? I don't think we should be like Britain and ban all firearms -- I do support an individual right to own a firearm -- but I just don't see how a convicted violent felon is a responsible gun owner. If you raped someone or killed someone or beat your wife, I'm sorry, but no firearm or ammunition for you. And the only way to enforce that is to swipe ID before purchasing the firearm, so we can determine that you aren't on record as having been convicted of a violent crime.
I am preaching to someone who is very mentally slow liberal here. Background check for firearms is already the law.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:25 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

I'm a hunter oh wise one. I'm not interested in protecting you in any way shape or form. That's on you. The police are not here to protect you either. They are here to file a report after the fact.

All I want is to go about my day without it being compounded by stupid laws created by stupid politicians voted in by stupid voters.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:27 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
People will just buy out of state, or make their own using reloading components they had, or will buy out of state. It is a joke just to make gun ownership more difficult.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
If you're a felon, you can't transport it to California. Nor can you own ammunition which has crossed state lines as a felon.
Yet they can and will. No one is checking anyone for ammo. It's already illegally for a felon to possess ammo so what use is another stupid law. Layering stupid laws upon other already existing laws is beyond asinine.

There actually aren't words for how stupid it really is.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
People will just buy out of state, or make their own using reloading components they had, or will buy out of state. It is a joke just to make gun ownership more difficult.
Or have their non-felon friend buy the ammo for them.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:02 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
If you're a felon, you can't transport it to California. Nor can you own ammunition which has crossed state lines as a felon.
Just like you're not allowed to transport fruits, cocaine, or people against their will across state lines.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:51 AM

If anyone is looking to getting into reloading, this press is cheap but will still do everything you need to reload ammo as an option to this ridiculous law. All components can be bought locally.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Old 06-30-2019, 09:23 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If anyone is looking to getting into reloading, this press is cheap but will still do everything you need to reload ammo as an option to this ridiculous law. All components can be bought locally.
Minor correction. This Lee press is not "cheap", it is "inexpensive". Nothing cheap about it. It's a good quality press. Lee makes good stuff and is generally less expensive than competitor's equipment.

I use Redding equipment purchased from the Angeles Shooting Ranges pro shop in the Valley. It's a very well supplied shop where you can get everything you'll ever need, and at quite reasonable prices.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California