Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 02:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Since California is shaped like a high capacity magazine, they should ban themselves too.
Yeah look at all the politicians that shoot their mouth off. Lets ban too many such words used at a time. Charge them if they use too many words.

Max of 10 rounds/words

Protect the citizens from them.

The new Gun law will protect virtually no one, and especially from criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 02:55 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,137 times
Just drive over to Arizona and buy all the ammo you want.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:08 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
Some of the politicians don’t even have their facts straigt. I saw one giving a speech holding an ar15 saying it fired heat seeking bullets.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:11 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Just drive over to Arizona and buy all the ammo you want.

If you're a felon, you can't transport it to California. Nor can you own ammunition which has crossed state lines as a felon.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Spoken like a true bleeding heart liberal.

In the name of "we want to make sure you are not this",
So, you disagree that felons should not have firearms? If you do agree, how are we to check if someone is a felon before they buy a firearm or ammunition? This is bipartisan...92% of all voters

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

and 70+ percent of all firearm owners

https://www.politifact.com/ohio/stat...man-said-70-8/

feel that there should be a background check before being able to purchase a firearm or ammunition.

Quote:

We will just have to agree to disagree. This is not what I want my government to do.
You want your government to allow violent criminals to have access to firearms? I don't think we should be like Britain and ban all firearms -- I do support an individual right to own a firearm -- but I just don't see how a convicted violent felon is a responsible gun owner. If you raped someone or killed someone or beat your wife, I'm sorry, but no firearm or ammunition for you. And the only way to enforce that is to swipe ID before purchasing the firearm, so we can determine that you aren't on record as having been convicted of a violent crime.

Last edited by neutrino78x; 06-22-2019 at 09:27 PM..

Old 06-22-2019, 09:15 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,968,766 times
just like cigarettes are shipped/smuggled from NC/SC/TN/VA to NJ/NY/PA.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:02 PM

The Gun Control Act of 1968 made it illegal to possess a firearm OR ammunition if you are a felon or mentally ill. It also made it illegal to buy firearms remotely; you now have to go to an FFL dealer for a background check before taking control of the weapon. This is because JFK was shot with a rifle ordered through the mail without a background check.

"We do not think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States."
--The NRA's official position, at the time, regarding the Gun Control Act of 1968.

"In the 1920s, the National Revolver Association, the arm of the NRA responsible for handgun training, proposed regulations later adopted by nine states, requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, five years additional prison time if the gun was used in a crime, a ban on gun sales to non-citizens, a one day waiting period between the purchase and receipt of a gun, and that records of gun sales be made available to police."

(I don't agree with banning them from non-citizens. I support the other provisions.)

The above quotes are from Time Magazine:

https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

Old 06-23-2019, 12:39 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
I'm not sure how this got to this stage, but I think most agree felons shouldn't be allowed to own firearms. But how does passing a law on ammo change this? It seems the only ones paying the price are those that are law abiding citizens.
The felon wants a gun or ammo, he's not going to get it legally.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:56 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Starting July 1st you'll have to under go an instant background check when you purchase ammo in the state of California.

Since we all know criminals obey the law, and more gun laws make us safer (like Chicago), I'm predicting California will be crime free by Labor Day.
I really hope you and every other 2nd Amendment nut on this forum realize that you have some bizarre hero fantasy in your head. Think of how many trained professionals it took to take down that Vegas shooter, or the one at Pulse before they killed so many. Yet, somehow you people are so gifted with a piece that you could take down an armed criminal in one shot.

I'm sure those guys with guns will do the honorable thing and wait for you to get your piece (unless you just have it in your hand at all times), then get back-to-back, walk ten paces, then shoot.

Or back to my earlier point: you have a bizarre hero fantasy where you think you'll save the day. God... here, really impress me with this: under California Penal Code 837, you can make a citizen's arrest. Why not grow a pair and confront someone you see committing a crime (ANY CRIME, no matter how trivial, even selling without a permit or parking in a forbidden zone) and record your findings? I'd really be curious to see how brave you really are.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:01 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
The Communists (Democrats) know what their doing, they can't confiscate guns so they do the next best thing, death by a million cuts. Make it such a pain in the rear and expensive to own a gun that many will just give up. This will continue and continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California