Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 06:44 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
The law says that a felon can't own firearms or ammunition, period. Just as we do a background check whenever you buy a firearm, we should also do it whenever you buy ammunition.
Likewise, non-citizens cannot vote. We need to do checks every time anyone votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 07:08 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
That's 80,000 prevented from legally purchasing a firearm.
That's so comforting knowing that he can now legally buy the 80% parts kit instead. That would be legally and you can make one in an hour. Meanwhile we didn't do a thing about this felon attempting to buy a weapon but slap their wrist. What a stupid @$%$ law.

But we "did something" right? Even if something is actually nothing.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:35 AM

807 posts, read 898,409 times
Quote:
The law says that a felon can't own firearms or ammunition, period. Just as we do a background check whenever you buy a firearm, we should also do it whenever you buy ammunition.
In my case, I resent being viewed as a potential felon. There's a presumption of guilt with this system.

And all for what? The real-world arguments are sort of tired [criminals will simply purchase on the black market, most of the recent mass shooters obtained their weapons and supplies legally, etc.] but legitimate. If there's going to be no real value derived from this law, why would an already law-abiding citizen want to put up with this?

Old 07-03-2019, 09:05 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
The reason your viewed as a potential felon is to a Democrat the only possible reason to own a gun is to murder other people.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:53 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,969,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The reason your viewed as a potential felon is to a Democrat the only possible reason to own a gun is to murder other people.
^^^ THIS ^^^

The same with their starting questin "WHY do you need a gun?"

Old 07-06-2019, 11:19 AM

The new law is barring legal immigrants from buying ammo who only have a regular ID and can't get the new one.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:39 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
We don't control guns that tightly at all. We have an individual right to firearms per the 2nd Amendment. Which I support. But I don't see the problem with doing a background check on ammo SINCE IT IS ILLEGAL TO OWN AMMO IF YOU ARE A FELON....AND IT HAS BEEN ILLEGAL SINCE THE 60s....SO THIS IS ENFORCEMENT OF EXISTING LAWS. The way it was before, you didn't have to do a NICS check for ammo, which made no sense, since that meant that if you were a felon you could buy something that the law said it was illegal for you to own. This is simply making it so we actually enforce the law against a felon owning ammo.

I don't see the problem, and no one has been able to explain the problem with this law, so far.
You don’t see a problem because you don’t want to see a problem. You most likely do not own guns probably don’t care or like guns. What if something you had a passion for was suddenly subject to background check. I’m betting you wouldn’t be happy.

So why would a felon need to be background checked when buying ammo, since they aren’t allowed to have a gun in their possession? How’s that gun law working out? Not very well from what I see. Ammo should be worthless to them. I mean by saying that there is a “need for this law” to do background checks to keep felons buying ammo basically acknowledges the fact that keeping guns away from felons....really does not work. So basically the law can’t keep guns out of felons hands so let’s try to keep ammo out of their hands. Which is gonna work about as well as keeping guns or drugs out of a felons possession. Basically none at all.

. It’s just another feel good law that simply added another step for law abiding citizens to deal with when purchasing ammo under the pretense of safety and keeping bad stuff from felons. This law is laughably stupid and anyone with a modicum of common sense would see through it.

Old 07-06-2019, 02:38 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You don’t see a problem because you don’t want to see a problem. You most likely do not own guns probably don’t care or like guns. What if something you had a passion for was suddenly subject to background check. I’m betting you wouldn’t be happy.

So why would a felon need to be background checked when buying ammo, since they aren’t allowed to have a gun in their possession? How’s that gun law working out? Not very well from what I see. Ammo should be worthless to them. I mean by saying that there is a “need for this law” to do background checks to keep felons buying ammo basically acknowledges the fact that keeping guns away from felons....really does not work. So basically the law can’t keep guns out of felons hands so let’s try to keep ammo out of their hands. Which is gonna work about as well as keeping guns or drugs out of a felons possession. Basically none at all.

. It’s just another feel good law that simply added another step for law abiding citizens to deal with when purchasing ammo under the pretense of safety and keeping bad stuff from felons. This law is laughably stupid and anyone with a modicum of common sense would see through it.
Please don't bring logic and reason to an Internet discussion

Old 07-06-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

I just loaded a box of precision .300 win mag this am from stuff I've had for 20 years on the shelf.

Old 07-06-2019, 03:20 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Please don't bring logic and reason to an Internet discussion
I know. What the hell was I thinking. Thank god I reload. I’m sure a felon can reload...right? Oops I did it again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California