Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 10:36 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,636,251 times

Advertisements

Deadline for Round 4 is tonight at 8:00pm EST, 7:00pm CST, 6:00pm MST, 5:00pm PST!!! Be sure to get all those last minute votes in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 09:13 PM

Round 4 is done. Results to come, followed by Round 5 fixtures. So Sorry to be late guys, and very sorry that I wasn't able to call the hour warnings before deadline like I usually do. Today was a very busy day for me and I barely had time to log on. I'll get the results for Round 4, and Round 5 Fixtures posted ASAP.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:19 PM

Default Round 4 Results

Round 4 Results

California 23-14 Hawaii

New York 28-9 Colorado

Texas 23-14 Michigan

Florida 22-15 Oregon

So there we have it. Can you believe it? We are down to the FINAL Four States now!!!! Stay tuned for Round 5!

Old 07-24-2020, 09:21 PM

Default Round 5

Round 5

Deadline: Friday July 31st at 8:00pm EST, 7:00pm CST, 6:00pm MST, 5:00pm PST

California vs New York

Texas vs Florida

So there we have it. Now we are down to the FINAL 4, and I expect the fixtures to be tougher than ever this round. Get ready guys. I am so looking forward to seeing the results, because I believe these could be very tight and huge toss ups! Who is READY to VOTE in Round 5!!!!

Old 07-24-2020, 09:28 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,894,388 times
California vs New York Has to be NY for me. There's the Adirondacks, Lake Ontario, and my home region of Oswego area.

Texas vs Florida-This is a harder choice and I am seriously bummed out that Michigan lost out to Texas! Still, I will have to go with Texas for having a larger variety of landforms, more attractions and being one of the more distinctive states in the South.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:38 PM

405 posts, read 196,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
I meant Hollywood DEPICTION of California, not just LA. Hollywood stereotypes places and shapes people’s perspectives of them. It frequently paints Texas as redneck, where people even in Austin or Dallas speak in huge drawls and wear cowboy as they hate minorities and gay people. That’s ridiculous. Hollywood sucks.

I stand by what I said. California cities are disgusting. LA is a dump. Nasty city. San Francisco is also absolutely filthy. California’s only redeeming quality among large cities is San Diego, but it’s also got a huge homeless, methhead culture. The whole state is filled with lunatics who’s started the movement of deciding your gender. Crazy. The level of “tolerance” there and its vilification of anyone who doesn’t believe that ideology makes me hate it there. Why does my daughter have to run track against a bigger, faster, stronger boy just because he chooses to identify as a girl? I’m rambling but the point is, California sucks.
LMAO. Now I see where you were coming on the other thread. Wow.
I can easily say movies or shows set in Florida make it much better than they really are.
Florida is trashy as hell and there's reason why so many people make fun of it. Florida is known for meth addicts, buddy.
The whole state is a dumpster fire.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:41 PM

626 posts, read 463,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser S View Post
Florida is trashy as hell and there's reason why so many people make fun of it. Florida is known for meth addicts, buddy.
The whole state is a dumpster fire.

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:43 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Here are my picks:

California vs New York: NYC all the way, does it for me. Long Island beaches are classic too, and upstate NY is really pretty in many areas. California is stunning with variety in geography, and I love LA and San Diego. But there is no NYC in Cali. New York City, New York, hands down wins it.

Texas vs Florida: Florida edges Texas, at least for me. I'm more familiar with Florida, and love the beaches and many incredible tourist attractions. Texas is incredible too, but the beaches are not as nice as Florida's, despite the much better varied geography in Texas-and better overall cities in Texas, too. But, Florida's tropics, clear waters, and beautiful beaches gets the win for me.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:44 PM

405 posts, read 196,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

I mean, it's all over the internet. Or just listen to people in real life.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:47 PM

626 posts, read 463,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser S View Post
I mean, it's all over the internet. I guess you guys just ignore it.
And meanwhile Florida makes it to the top 4 states.. Must be a miracle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City