Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 09:49 PM

405 posts, read 196,181 times

Advertisements

Eh, so did California.
With less angry rants towards other states too.

Last edited by Keyser S; 07-24-2020 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 09:50 PM

626 posts, read 463,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser S View Post
Eh, so did California.
What's your favorite state?

Old 07-24-2020, 09:51 PM

California. And I've lived all over.
Hypocrites on this forum, though. Wow.

Last edited by Keyser S; 07-24-2020 at 11:21 PM..

Old 07-24-2020, 09:53 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,636,251 times
Here are Mine:

California vs New York: Very tough. I really do love certain parts of New York, although I must admit I am really not a city person in general, and while I do enjoy visiting NYC, I could never imagine living there or even spending more than 2 days max there. California really does have more beautiful suburban towns, and plus California is coastal, and New York isn't. I do love the Glens Falls/Queensbury Area of NY as well as Peekskill, but Thousand Oaks/Ventura/Santa Barbara, Crescent City, Riverside & San Bernardino Counties, and Escondido wins for me. Sorry NY, but California just has too much to offer.

Texas vs Florida: Texas is a great state, but I honestly don't think as highly of TX as most people do. Texas is just so big, and it is literally near impossible to live there without a car unless you live in one of the major cities. Public Transportation is TERRIBLE in Texas. It is not that great in Florida either, but at least most of FL is in closer proximity. Florida also has the Keys and Disney World. Gotta go with Florida on this one!

Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,636,251 times
Quote:
Eh, so did California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
What's your favorite state?
You guys plan to vote? We would love to see your votes on here!

Old 07-24-2020, 09:55 PM

626 posts, read 463,349 times
Quote:
California. And I've lived all over.
Hypocrites on this forum, though. Wow.
You do seem very well traveled..

Old 07-24-2020, 10:05 PM

I bet more than you.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
You guys plan to vote? We would love to see your votes on here!

California vs New York

Texas vs Florida.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:27 AM

955 posts, read 610,191 times
California vs New York

Texas vs Florida

Old 07-25-2020, 05:05 AM

79 posts, read 35,340 times
Quote:
LMAO. Now I see where you were coming on the other thread. Wow.
I can easily say movies or shows set in Florida make it much better than they really are.
Florida is trashy as hell and there's reason why so many people make fun of it. Florida is known for meth addicts, buddy.
The whole state is a dumpster fire.
I was in an especially bad place that day

Anyway, the vitriol I levied against California was unfair. It really is a great place. Sadly, the people have ruined it, just like Florida. I don’t see either place getting better as they each get more and more populated. People suck. This is why we can’t have nice things.

In an honest assessment without bias, I will say that these are the things I personally value the most in a city: affordable housing, vibrant walkable areas, public transportation, year-round warm weather, clean streets, minimal homelessness, a lack of gang graffiti, and a nice skyline.

I’m not trying to start anything because I honestly did enjoy speaking candidly with you yesterday, but San Francisco and Los Angeles are the dirtiest American cities I’ve ever traveled to. I was really turned off by the amount of garbage casually thrown all over, all the homeless people basically keeping me from enjoying the sights, and the crazy amount of graffiti that city leaders don’t care about. Really dampened my vacation. Most major cities are not like this, not even New York. Sure, there’s bags of trash piled up on every sidewalk but it seems like residents take pride in their city. Chicago, Miami, Dallas etc are pretty clean. I don’t understand why LA and SF are so damn nasty, and then expensive on top of that. Really is an anomaly.

The reason people make fun of Florida is the Sunshine State Law. Simple as that. You really think Florida has more crazy people than other states in the south? Or a state like California that has double its population? Of course not. Someone intelligent would know better. State law just grants anyone easy access to any criminal story, change a few words around to generate clicks, and voila, you have a wacky story to tell. I’ve seen some literal absurd stories come out of every state, California included, that don’t get attention because it’s not Florida Man. But most Floridians laugh at that stuff too. It’s a joke, it doesn’t bother those of us who actually live here, because it’s far removed from reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City