Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2022, 11:28 AM

1,004 posts, read 414,479 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XreZGCMMI0

Kazka - Tantsi - (I was crying)

I'll save myself from your words—will be intact
After a year of insults, I won't reduce the price
Burning, the bridges are burning, and there's a sea of tears
Just know, my game is less conversation and more action
I'll save at least my body from your arrows
You drove me under the ice, I can't find my soul
Hurts, it hurts so much, and the blood is boiling
The daughter sleeps no more—less conversation and more action[*1]

I've cried, and the violet has bloomed again
The day lit up with mysterious signs
And the young mother and the loving young one[*2]
Were all crying in the kitchen alike

The night burnt out, it became damp in the morning
I've got to find new colors
Wash your face with rain, what else to need?[*3]
And to the heart under the coat—less conversation and more faith

And the young mother and the loving young one

Last edited by dinodini; 03-08-2022 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 11:37 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times
A former Russian foreign minister claims part of the reason Russia's invasion has stalled is because oligarchs have embezzled the military budget for years, spending the money on yachts and other luxuries, and nobody bothered to tell Putin. Hilarious if true.

Quote:
2. Russian military. The Kremlin spent the last 20 years trying to modernize its military. Much of that budget was stolen and spent on mega-yachts in Cyprus. But as a military advisor you cannot report that to the President. So they reported lies to him instead. Potemkin military
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/andreivkozyrev/s...-yachts-2022-3

Old 03-08-2022, 12:39 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
My prediction - the part of Ukraine will no longer be a part of Ukraine - and it won't be a part of Russia either. That part will become independent territory. What we are witnessing now is not something new but the end of conflict started 8 years ago.

Old 03-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,916,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Personally for me it came as a shock.

That's not something I expected at all.
I am also really surprised you didn't talk matters of Belarus. Or Kazakhstan yet. That is what Russia was supposed to be deep down. A perfectly medium sized country like Belarus at least from Saint Petersburg to Moscow. Not that overly massive or huge. At least before 1991. What an absolute blessing Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev of USSR Soviet Union allowed 14 new countries from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan. Wow, Putin is just a complete alien. Gorbachev=Quite Solid, Putin since 2022 at least=Horrible.

And Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin are founders of Communism, Soviet Union.

Lenin, and Zelensky actually have the same first name compared to Putin (Vladimir in Russian=Volodymyr in Ukrainian). I don't think a lot of people really know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ukraine is no "democracy" - it's the corrupt state run by the oligarchy and the Nationalists, that is used by America/NATO in their proxy war against Russia.

"Ukrainian democracy" is a catchy phrase for a coverup.

If post 2014 Ukraine were turned into the democratic state with the upgraded standards of living for its general population, then Russian public could have perceive things differently at least.

But so far they know what they see.
Well, one of the problems was that Ukraine just appeared not Soviet enough and actually is a relatively free Democracy compared to Russia, or even Belarus. Zelensky isn't a good President, neither. Including whoever else is in that political circle of Kyiv. Had to say no for Ukraine joining NATO, no to European Union, and Yes to Political referendums in Luhansk, Donetsk Donbass corner of furthest Southeastern Ukraine. Then, problem solved. The entire tragedy averted.

That is still not a reason to enter Ukraine, and attack. Not that deep into the territory. Not so malicious. The average citizens of Ukraine are far too fair, agreeable, and completely outside of harmful. Russia still never had to worry about Ukraine or the Ukrainian governing system. Ukraine didn't ever go with anything that bad to really cause such an explosive reaction. I am still strongly on Ukraine's own side. Just like absolutely everyone else. I have endless sympathy for Ukraine. I want Ukraine to stay independent. Right back to the brilliant years of 1991-2013. Even 2014-2021 is stable compared to the fatal error of what that is from just a few corners of the Kremlin/Army of Russia. I hope almost none or at least enough of the real Russia isn't ever agreeing with those actions. I hope the best for Ukraine to remain completely separate not connected to next door neighbor attack. Wish a very speedy recovery.

Did you ever visit Ukraine, erasure? Trust me, if you visited, I bet you want Ukraine to not ever get touched by any of the wrong threatening aggressors that isn't even the real Russia or Slavic. And have other exciting countries outside of Russia to visit that is still Slavic, Soviet, speaks Russian as another language. Ukraine, and Russia had to stay friends.

Last edited by ; 03-08-2022 at 02:50 PM..

Old 03-08-2022, 03:35 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,705,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
A former Russian foreign minister claims part of the reason Russia's invasion has stalled is because oligarchs have embezzled the military budget for years, spending the money on yachts and other luxuries, and nobody bothered to tell Putin. Hilarious if true.
One of the many downsides to the 'government by grifters' model. Even the economically and intellectually stultified basket-case of the USSR soldiered on for 70+ years. What a pitiful display being put on by Russia right now.

Old 03-08-2022, 03:50 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times
Here's the reality of this unjustified invasion; Russian mothers, wives, and siblings are calling the Ukrainian hotline trying to find any indication if their loved ones are alive. Over 6,000 have called this hotline. The Ukrainian people are doing their best to provide answers. They talk about how they never wanted this war and just want peace. These are the people that need to speak out against Putin's aggression, but they are afraid to.

One of the calls from a Russian father went like this:

"Our children are being used as cannon fodder. Politicans and VIPs are playing their games, solving their issues, while our children have to die."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-5bAy2En0

Old 03-08-2022, 04:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/andreivkozyrev/s...-yachts-2022-3
Without nukes Russia is an irrelevant backwater. A mafia-owned gas station masquerading as a country.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:26 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
This is from a movie about England in WII facing Hitler. Sadly, it hits too close to home for those in Ukraine facing Putin. But if Russians are wondering why the Ukrainian citizens are stepping up to resist the invasion of their country, this may give some insight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vul9-ToKuk

Old 03-08-2022, 07:32 PM

617 posts, read 538,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Without nukes Russia is an irrelevant backwater. A mafia-owned gas station masquerading as a country.

Can be said about any country out there, what so special about the US without its nukes? A land of crooked, wild and violent mass, without any defined cultural roots or any moral standards, surviving literally only by importing brains and labor from 3rd world.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:35 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Can be said about any country out there, what so special about the US without its nukes? A land of crooked, wild and violent mass, without any defined cultural roots or any moral standards, surviving literally only by importing brains and labor from 3rd world.
Largest GDP of any country in the world. Huge advances on many technological fronts (feel free to think the US for the Internet, for instance). But, sure, keep up the misdirection and misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe