Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 05:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

You sure that was in Tver? I was there for a while (too long perhaps) and never heard of such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 09:16 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You sure that was in Tver? I was there for a while (too long perhaps) and never heard of such a thing.
I remember going north from Moscow through Klin and some other places (Rzhev?) and a sign for Tver. We got off onto a dirt road with farm fields on the right and a forest on the left. The road we left was going to Tver of that I'm sure. That was 20 years ago though. The depot was in that forest with some buildings. Vlad mentioned something about the source of the Volga. I'm sure we were NOT north or east of Tver. I remember several small lakes. You got me curious now. I need to go over google earth.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:59 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/t...044840522.html

Ukraine has gotten quite lucky under Trump. A lot luckier than I would have thought. Still, it's relatively early.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:12 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/t...044840522.html

Ukraine has gotten quite lucky under Trump. A lot luckier than I would have thought. Still, it's relatively early.
That meeting was about the Magnitsky sanctions, not the Ukraine ones. Nobody was going to let Trump lift sanctions on Russia for the Ukraine situation until Minsk is achieved.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:11 PM

DKM. I was just looking at Google Earth and I don't think I have half a clue as to where we actually were. I know we didn't go up the M-8, I think I saw a sign for Rzhev but I'm not sure. I distinctly remember a sign that said Tver with an arrow to the left. We may have been in Yaroslavl oblast east of Tver. Too long ago to remember it clearly. I'm lost on this.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:20 PM
DKM

If it was in a forest, probably impossible to find this. Rzhev probably has something from WW2.

Yaroslavl... you did a Golden ring tour? I REALLY regret not doing that when offered the chance.... Oops this is the Ukraine thread. This makes me wish the war ends in Ukraine so I can visit Russia again

Old 11-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Things like this is why I doubt stuff like Russia giving the Donbas rebels that BUK launcher to shoot down MH-17. There's arsenals all over the place in not just Russia but Ukraine too. I heard the rebels looted an arsenal in Mariupol and another in Donetsk. It was just a blurb.

I don't remember anything other than some old Ural trucks and a lot of old T-55 and T-62 tanks sitting and rusting in the trees. We didn't see everything either but I know some machanics with the gear could get a lot of those running. I think the rebels got a lot of stuff abandoned on the battlefield and from these arsenals and armed themselves. I know the Khazakhs and Chechens helped out too probably with ammunition and possibly equipment. The Khazahks did it for money. Certain Russian oligarchs financed a lot of this too. Russia proper turned a blind eye to a lot of this. All that ammo came from somewhere and it came across Russian territory. No one is telling me otherwise.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:19 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Things like this is why I doubt stuff like Russia giving the Donbas rebels that BUK launcher to shoot down MH-17. There's arsenals all over the place in not just Russia but Ukraine too. I heard the rebels looted an arsenal in Mariupol and another in Donetsk. It was just a blurb.

I don't remember anything other than some old Ural trucks and a lot of old T-55 and T-62 tanks sitting and rusting in the trees. We didn't see everything either but I know some machanics with the gear could get a lot of those running. I think the rebels got a lot of stuff abandoned on the battlefield and from these arsenals and armed themselves. I know the Khazakhs and Chechens helped out too probably with ammunition and possibly equipment. The Khazahks did it for money. Certain Russian oligarchs financed a lot of this too. Russia proper turned a blind eye to a lot of this. All that ammo came from somewhere and it came across Russian territory. No one is telling me otherwise.
That's interesting, but in the West talked about the fact that when MH17 was shot down ,the beeches were deployed just misrepresented the district,but that is deployed by the Ukrainian side,which has photos from satellites,and Shadowside was evacuated?

Old 11-08-2017, 11:22 AM
DKM

Why you guys bringing that up again? It was already revealed this was Buk #332 from Russia's 53rd anti aircraft brigade based in Kursk. It was an accident, they thought it was another Ukrainian plane. We get why Russia covers it up, they don't want to admit they were in Ukraine shooting down Ukrainian jets (still makes me shake my head that Ukraine and Russia are engaged in conflict against each other).

Old 11-08-2017, 11:27 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Why you guys bringing that up again? It was already revealed this was Buk #332 from Russia's 53rd anti aircraft brigade based in Kursk. It was an accident, they thought it was another Ukrainian plane. We get why Russia covers it up, they don't want to admit they were in Ukraine shooting down Ukrainian jets (still makes me shake my head that Ukraine and Russia are engaged in conflict against each other).
Yeah, and we don't notice that in Russia it has long been removed from voorujeniya, and don't notice what the Ukrainian beeches were deployed and were active that day. In General, everything is exactly the same as last time, when Ukrainians shot down the plane over the Black sea. Also to the last unlocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe