Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 03:23 PM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am carefully looking at all the latest material laid out in front of me, putting 2 and 2 together, and this is what I am getting again and again.

So.. Moscow is asking "why the US is sending false information to its media, the exact possible dates of the "Russian invasion" including?"

So they are both talking about some "false flag operation," while removing the staff from the embassy and

So what do you all think? :...
In a nutshell, it would seem that on Tuesday or Wednesday, some unidentified people from the west will attack pro-Russian militias in Donbass, and the US is already blaming it on the Russians in advance.

I mentioned this in another thread, but this really does remind me of the publicity in the run-up to the military operation against Iraq back in 1991, in the sense that US basically announced a few weeks in advance almost the exact date of the initial attack, giving themselves and everyone else time to remove foreign citizens, diplomats, etc.

Anyway, if the Russians succeed, protecting Donbass and maybe, in a stretch if the Ukrainians prove weak, taking over territory to the north of the Sea of Avov to perhaps Kherson, and then the west applies sanctions, the US wins because they drive a wedge between Russia and Germany/Europe.

If the Ukrainians prove strong and the Russians fail to protect Donbass, the US still wins, and the Europeans with them, because they will continue to encroach on and surround Russia.

On the other hand, maybe nothing happens on Tuesday or Wednesday.

We’ll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 04:22 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times

I didn't even read it...countries need referendums and freedom and democracy, they don't need America.

America should go to...well America, what is this country doing on the other side on the globe anyway? I guess Americans are slavs, like us or better - Ukrainians like them.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:02 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Six years later...

"Western Ukraine has always been significantly more pro-NATO than the rest of the country; Eastern Ukraine is far more anti-NATO and pro-Russia than the rest of Ukraine. Following the Russian military intervention of 2014, annexation of Crimea and the start of the Donbass War, many Ukrainians changed their views of NATO: polls from the middle of 2014 till 2016 showed that the majority of Ukrainians supported NATO membership."

"Six years later" the Nazi are all over the place (they are not confined to the Western part of the country any longer.)
And they are particularly brazen in the Eastern part of the country.
It's them organizing all these "pro-Ukrainian rallies" in what used to be 100% Russian-speaking city in the past, such as Kharkov. ( That's what this thread is all about actually.)

And THAT's WHY "polls of the 2014 till 2016 showed that "the majority of Ukrainians supported NATO" and the rest of nonsense.

Those that opposed it, are now driven out of the country or murdered by the "new democratic" regime in Kiev.

As I've said - Ukraine today is the ultimate anti-Russia project.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:14 PM

108 posts, read 87,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You are obviously confused here.
"Near abroad" is not used in referral to the former Warsaw pact countries.
Only for the former Soviet republics.

No they don't.

They just like to whip up a hysteria, since many of them are dependent on Russian gas ( and other economic ties,) and they want *the West* to fix this situation somehow. (As in "how is it we remain dependent on the "ultimate evil" out there - that's totally unjust.")

In THEIR mind, being dependent on Russia economically, equals "being threatened by Russia militarily."
Or so they pretend.

Oh that part I understand, but as far as "poverty" goes - they are still inferior to the Western Europeans in this respect, because they were ALWAYS poorer than Western Europe.

The rich Russians however are filthy rich while living in Western Europe, now that all the *dependents* of the Warsaw pact are gone, alone with the poor Asian republics.

You mean as American colony?

But America can't provide them even with the adequate supplies of gas.

Ukrainians can't afford even to heat their homes now, and their food is more expensive in Kiev than in Moscow, with lower salaries - do you know all that?

Not if I were Ukraine, when there is no one around to provide the country with the adequate economy.
That's unfortunate, I know, but that's how it was meant to be - these two ( Russia and Ukraine) are going either to sink together or to get out of the rot.

One was born from the other, so they are both destined to live or to die together. And any attempt to break them apart ends up in disaster of international proportions.

God works in mysterious ways as they say.
Russia is doing Ukraine a favor by invading their country, killing their people, and destroying their infrastructure. You must be right. I am sure Ukrainians can't wait to see russian tanks shelling their homes. But they won't care. They know that's nothing but a small price to pay to attain the astounding Russian's socioeconomic development. Thank you Russia, thank you Putin the new little father of the people.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:45 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You forget a couple of things. For one Russia is under heavy sanctions as we speak and has been for years. They're self sufficient in agriculture, energy, natural resources, industry and most technology. There's little more that can be sanctioned.

Russia can however cut off nickle, aluminum, iron ore and titanium from the US and Europe. They can cut the EU off of gas and oil. Wheat. They can shut off their airspace to western airlines. Go ahead, cut them off of SWIFT, out of world banking. They really can just go to China and their banking to pay for their fruit in winter.

China also has their back.

You know absolutely nothing.
Well Russia will loose their biggest market which is Germany. Germany can get their oil and gas from OPEC and new oil markets such as Guyana and African countries such as Nambia and a few other African countries.

Gas from Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Syria and the former central soviet states of USSR where the pipelines dont go through Russia. BTW Russia is already angry where Israel is considering building a gas pipeline to Europe through the mediterranean sea in a move to reduce the dependence of Russian gas there. So far this project has failed to be implemented because of Russian disagreements. But the invasion of Ukraine will result in a kick start on the gas pipeline there.

With wheat they can ask Australia, Canada and USA to help as they are among the worlds biggest exporters of that.

Sure Russia can more depend on China but that can mean they can't depend on the Western markets anymore.

Last edited by herenow1; 02-14-2022 at 05:57 PM..

Old 02-14-2022, 06:05 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paypeeto69 View Post
Russia is doing Ukraine a favor by invading their country, killing their people, and destroying their infrastructure. You must be right. I am sure Ukrainians can't wait to see russian tanks shelling their homes. But they won't care. They know that's nothing but a small price to pay to attain the astounding Russian's socioeconomic development. Thank you Russia, thank you Putin the new little father of the people.

But Russians are NOT doing that and they never said that they were planning to do that.
You know why?

Because this would go against the official bottom line of Kremlin that "Ukrainians are brotherly people/no different from Russians."
So by rolling their tanks, they'd be killing people indiscriminately - the ones who are pro-Russian and the Nazi alike.

The anti-Russian hysteria organized by the Nazi Battalions ( Azov in this case,) that you see in Western media is only PART of the picture.
They will never show you the other part - people that are asked on the streets whether they are worried by "upcoming Russian attack" and their response that they are not. They don't believe that they are going to be attacked by their own.

You just don't see THIS part of the interviews, because, as I've said, Western media is nothing but propaganda lately. It feeds you only what the Ukrainian government wants you to see, but nothing like THIS - other opinions on the streets of Ukraine, something like this, what's available in RUSSIAN ONLY, because as I've said no Western media outlets would ever translate/broadcast it;

"Will Putin attack or not?" (Questions asked on the streets of Kiev.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_STTnNbKJk

But what Russian officialdom was always saying, is that if they'd ever decide to respond MILITARILY, they'd strike Kiev's headquarters with the rockets - the place where the commands are coming from.

However the point now is what is going to happen to Donbass.

If Ukro-nazi will decide to attack, then yes, Russia will have to respond by any necessary means.

Last edited by erasure; 02-14-2022 at 06:20 PM..

Old 02-14-2022, 06:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paypeeto69 View Post
You should read up on this facet of the subject. You'll find that most Ukrainians don't give a rip if Russia attacks and are prepared if they do. Considering also that currently in Ukraine if you say the wrong words it can cost you your life you really need to consider what's NOT being said.

There's A LOT of Ukrainians praying for a Russian invasion is my bet.

I also suspect you're correct about Russians tanks having to shell civilian buildings. The Ukronazis are undoubtedly planning to take hostages in hospitals, schools, and yes even homes and I think they will commit atrocities too. Scorched earth possibly if they have the explosives and other means necessary.

The people you support are at their core, cowards at least. Personally in my eyes they're not even human effing beings.

Old 02-14-2022, 06:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Nobody wants a war, and a Russian invasion of Ukraine could see a lot of body bags going back to Moscow, as Ukraine is not a small country and has a regular army of 215,000 and a further 250,000 in the Army reserve.
Wrong. The MIC and certain powerful people in the west want a war. Provided they never get on the same continent.

Quote:
Whilst even if Russia were to occupy the country, there will be a resistance movement which could mean a never ending supply of body bags going back to Moscow.
There would not be a sustained resistance movement. Any territory Russia would take would be filled with people on their side. Terrorists would be dealt with quickly and thoroughly. There would be some from the nutters but it would not be anything like a success.

Quote:
At the same time NATO would see new members join such as Sweden and Finland, and a lot more NATO troops would be based on the Russian border, and NATO would be re-united and more concentrated in relation to increasing spending.
That is going to happen anyway.

Quote:
The Russian economy, which is already suffering, would be reduced further and would find it impossible to trade or supply the west, resulting in Russia becoming ever poorer.
It would hurt a little but Russia would quickly recover and the Russian citizens would lack for little.

The video below spells out why it would be a bad decision to invade Ukraine and that it would work out in Americas favour.

Quote:
The decision is Putin's and all any one can do is to point out the massive pitfalls involved in such action, and it has been suggested that Russia is walking head long in to a trap.
The only way to beat a trap is to set it off. Russia has nothing to lose.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:42 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
An i https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIU6TRsRzk nteresting perspective regarding all the reasons Putin feels like he needs to invade Ukraine now. The big one: if Ukraine accedes to NATO it will require massive defense expenditures by Russia that it simply can’t afford. The other one: it’s better to invade now than to wait as Ukraine steadily buttresses its military might. Putin knows he’s taking a gamble and Russia will feel the sting regardless. I think Putin feels backed into a corner even if he actually isn’t.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIU6TRsRzk

Old 02-14-2022, 09:24 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Well Russia will loose their biggest market which is Germany. Germany can get their oil and gas from OPEC and new oil markets such as Guyana and African countries such as Nambia and a few other African countries.

Gas from Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Syria and the former central soviet states of USSR where the pipelines dont go through Russia. BTW Russia is already angry where Israel is considering building a gas pipeline to Europe through the mediterranean sea in a move to reduce the dependence of Russian gas there. So far this project has failed to be implemented because of Russian disagreements. But the invasion of Ukraine will result in a kick start on the gas pipeline there.

With wheat they can ask Australia, Canada and USA to help as they are among the worlds biggest exporters of that.

Sure Russia can more depend on China but that can mean they can't depend on the Western markets anymore.
There is no spare capacity without Russia in these critical markets not to mention the fact that dependency from instable areas of the world is not recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe