Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2022, 10:20 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
100%. Europe should have banned Russian entry in 2014, at least February this year, but better late than never. Russians in Europe should also be deported.

Europe and America should do the same with Chinese people but I guess that's asking too much lol.
This is interesting. (I"m sure you mean mainly students, businessmen, IT workers,etc. from the Mainland, not American-born Chinese or Taiwanese...?.) I saw a Chinese student on campus one day. He was sitting on a bench with the largest telephoto lens I'd ever seen. Seemed to be taking photos of individual students from a distance. No one else passing by (lots of students going to class) seemed to notice. It seemed a bit strange, but maybe he was just doing something silly, like taking photos of women. I don't want to digress too much, but am curious what you thought of the Wen Ho Lee case, a Taiwanese working at a high-security nuclear research lab in NM, accused of passing secrets to the PRC. The story probably played out very differently in the Taiwan media.

Back to topic, I wonder if the US visa policy toward Russians, the lottery system for immigration visas, etc. has changed. I think they've been played far too fast and loose with immigration visas for Russians since 2001.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2022, 02:02 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
100%. Europe should have banned Russian entry in 2014, at least February this year, but better late than never. Russians in Europe should also be deported.

Europe and America should do the same with Chinese people but I guess that's asking too much lol.

I think the best idea is to make Russians wear yellow stars on their clothes. Although, you can use red.

Old 08-16-2022, 03:25 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:

So I take you approve of the Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII, and now you want to do the same for Russians and Chinese who happen to already live in western countries?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inte...nese_Americans

Also there are 1,213,000 Russians in Germany alone (many of which are Volga Germans who moved to Russia in the 1700s) how the F do you plan on rounding up that many people? Many of which have mixed with the German population, where do you even begin to draw the line to tease them all out?

Old 08-16-2022, 07:22 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think the best idea is to make Russians wear yellow stars on their clothes. Although, you can use red.
Really? Because I think most of the world would just be happy if they would simply stop invading other countries with the goal of annexing more land.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:00 PM

128 posts, read 57,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
So I take you approve of the Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII, and now you want to do the same for Russians and Chinese who happen to already live in western countries?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inte...nese_Americans

Also there are 1,213,000 Russians in Germany alone (many of which are Volga Germans who moved to Russia in the 1700s) how the F do you plan on rounding up that many people? Many of which have mixed with the German population, where do you even begin to draw the line to tease them all out?
Are you comparing internment camps to people have fewer choices for their vacation?

Old 08-16-2022, 10:10 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
Are you comparing internment camps to people have fewer choices for their vacation?
No, my problem was with this quote “ Russians in Europe should also be deported.†from Greysholic.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:00 AM

8,865 posts, read 8,448,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is interesting. (I"m sure you mean mainly students, businessmen, IT workers,etc. from the Mainland, not American-born Chinese or Taiwanese...?.) I saw a Chinese student on campus one day. He was sitting on a bench with the largest telephoto lens I'd ever seen. Seemed to be taking photos of individual students from a distance. No one else passing by (lots of students going to class) seemed to notice. It seemed a bit strange, but maybe he was just doing something silly, like taking photos of women. I don't want to digress too much, but am curious what you thought of the Wen Ho Lee case, a Taiwanese working at a high-security nuclear research lab in NM, accused of passing secrets to the PRC. The story probably played out very differently in the Taiwan media.
Never heard of Wen Ho Lee, though it is without a doubt that China now hires a ton of spies to monitor Chinese overseas students. American-born Chinese obviously not (I should hope so anyway), but immigrants from China now, whether they are students or professionals, could all be spies.

This used to be the case for Taiwan too. Ma Ying-jeou allegedly used to be a student spy in America.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:05 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Really? Because I think most of the world would just be happy if they would simply stop invading other countries with the goal of annexing more land.
Do you really think that Russia needs new lands? The Ukrainian conflict is pure geopolitics, Russia is protecting its backyard. And the annexation of lands here is only a necessary consequence, but not the goal.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:52 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Do you really think that Russia needs new lands? The Ukrainian conflict is pure geopolitics, Russia is protecting its backyard. And the annexation of lands here is only a necessary consequence, but not the goal.
No it isn't! It may be easy to fool Russians themselves, after all they are not 'free' people, they have no 'free' press, it's not so easy to 'pull the wool' over the eyes of people that live in 'free' societies though! That is the mistake Communist dictators are making!

The Chinese are finding out that, unlike the Chinese population the people in the West have minds of their own.

Russia needs to get out of the Ukraine NOW!

Old 08-17-2022, 06:09 AM

2,396 posts, read 1,067,965 times
Quote:
Russia protecting its backyard.....care to explain that?

That's Pootin BS ....afraid that Ukraine was going to attack Russia? Yeah right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe