Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Frankly I don't know a lot of Black American men that are losing a lot of sleep over the fact some Black American women are choosing to date non-Black American men. Sure that might be a few out there but most of the Black American men I know aren't sweating it. Also quite as iits kept Black American men actually marry at higher rates than Black American women.

Also while Black Americans are incarcerated in higher proportions than White Americans. But majority of people incarcerated are still non-Hispanic White Americans.

Also from 1990 to 2008 the number of non-Hispanic White American jail inmates increased by 97%. The number of Hispanice jail inmates increased by 121%. During the same time the number of Black American jail inmates increased by 79%.

Jail Inmates By Race, Sex Hispanic Orgin 1990 to 2008

Your opinions about Black American men seem to formed by your own perceptions and biases than on any credible information.
Of course the black men aren't sweating it. They're dating some very obese white women instead.

Educated black women are branching out and dating non-black men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:59 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
What are the other options when your "baby's daddy" is locked up?
Awww, that was cute. You used a bit of urban vernacular! Good for you. Now tomorrow your assignment is to use the word "swag" in three different contexts and to learn how to dougie, okay?

Anyway, I'm talking about childless single Black women.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Of course the black men aren't sweating it. They're dating some very obese white women instead.
LOL, that's a new one. Maybe that's just true in your part of the country.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
LOL, that's a new one. Maybe that's just true in your part of the country.
Sorry, I meant the ex-cons (not the regular black men).

Old 04-12-2011, 09:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Race; census; Obama: Black and more so - latimes.com

The article quoted a political science professor who said that Obama identifies as black for political reasons. If he had called himself multiracial in Chicago, he never would have had a political career.
He really does not like his white side. REmember he put down his grandmother.

Does Obama's statement about his Grandma being "the typical white person", a reflection of his relating to the mentality of Rev. Wright?

In his first effort to excuse and distance himself from what many describe as hateful race-baiting speeches of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, he said of his grandmother,
“…a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.â€

Under fire for that less than honorable description of the woman who lovingly raised and cared for him, Senator Obama sought to sooth that over when he was asked by Philadelphia’s radio 610 WIP host Angelo Cataldi about the reference to his grandmother that he gave. He replied,
“The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that’s just the nature of race in our society.â€

Does Obama's statement about his Grandma being "the typical white person", a reflection of his relating to the mentality of Rev. Wright?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:08 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Awww, that was cute. You used a bit of urban vernacular! Good for you. Now tomorrow your assignment is to use the word "swag" in three different contexts and to learn how to dougie, okay?

Anyway, I'm talking about childless single Black women.
I bathe with Old Spice Swagger body wash & use the under arm deodorant stick so I've got my "swag" on every day.

The Dougie was actually invented in Dallas which is just down the road from me. Heard it here in Texas & knew what it was months before it hit main stream radio.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
He really does not like his white side. REmember he put down his grandmother.

In his first effort to excuse and distance himself from what many describe as hateful race-baiting speeches of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, he said of his grandmother,
“…a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.”

Under fire for that less than honorable description of the woman who lovingly raised and cared for him, Senator Obama sought to sooth that over when he was asked by Philadelphia’s radio 610 WIP host Angelo Cataldi about the reference to his grandmother that he gave. He replied,
“The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that’s just the nature of race in our society.”

He's an ingrate for speaking about his grandmother that way. Shocking. And yet people still admire him.

I remember being very excited about Obama when he first came on the scene. My sister called me in Israel, where I was living at the time, and said "you've got to listen to this new young politician." Then the truth about him started to trickle in over the months. His racist mentor and preacher. His loudmouthed wife. His long-suffering white grandmother whom he swiftly threw under the bus. His domestic terrorist buddies, Ayers and Dorn. Then he wrote a book about his father, WTH? Why didn't he write a book about his mother? Isn't she the one who loved him and raised him?

The man is an empty shell.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 PM

785 posts, read 619,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Wow...now I've heard it all. LMAO....Really sad how some folks are just SWIMMING in denial. Obama is Black...deal with it. And don't blame me for feeling this way.....your (White) ancestors made it so.
Yes, he is black. And white. Your (black) ancestors helped make it so, by selling black Africans to whites along the coast. Deal with it.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Yes, he is black. And white. Your (black) ancestors helped make it so, by selling black Africans to whites along the coast. Deal with it.
Some Africans were sold by other Africans and many more were simply kidnapped in order to cut out the middle man. How can you state that Obama's ancestors were sold rather than kidnapped??..why were whites kidnapping Africans??..white people were not forced to buy and steal people, they just did what came natural.

Deal with it!!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Almost 63% out of 127 voters on here believe Obama should be considered bi-racial. I'm sure the real world results would be quite similar if there were ever such a poll to be taken. Majority rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies