Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,701 times

Advertisements

The idea of old-fashioned courtship is dead. Women are equal now. Guys, DO NOT pay for the females the few dates. Don't waste money on a girl you may not want to keep around. If you are "courting" a female, you are giving her the advantage. Keep the playing field level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
To show that he's serious about her.
WHY should the woman not show the man that she's serious about him?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
WHY should the woman not show the man that she's serious about him?
Shouldn't that be between the couple? If a guy wants to pay, let him. If a woman wants to pay, let her. If they want to split it, let them.

If either party doesn't like it, they can end the relationship.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 AM

50,761 posts, read 36,458,112 times
IMO it works better when the man takes the male role and courts the female, because at least for me, relationships work best when there's a definite male/female polarity. My bf gives in a masculine way (by "providing" for me in paying for our dates) which allows me to be feminine, and to give to him in a feminine way (massages, cooking for him, etc). Works for us, anyway.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
The idea of old-fashioned courtship is dead. Women are equal now. Guys, DO NOT pay for the females the few dates. Don't waste money on a girl you may not want to keep around. If you are "courting" a female, you are giving her the advantage. Keep the playing field level.
Tell that to all the men who still do this...you know the ones having successful relationships that don't involve worrying about who paid how much on which date.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Shouldn't that be between the couple? If a guy wants to pay, let him. If a woman wants to pay, let her. If they want to split it, let them.

If either party doesn't like it, they can end the relationship.
Yep!!!

So much worrying about what other people do, when you don't know them, and their choices don't affect your life.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Tell that to all the men who still do this...you know the ones having successful relationships that don't involve worrying about who paid how much on which date.
These are also the losers spending tons of money on chicks and will never get anything in return.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
These are also the losers spending tons of money on chicks and will never get anything in return.
If you're only spending money on someone to get something in return...you're kind of a jerk.

I don't buy my friends birthday gifts and demand gifts in return. I do it because I love them and like to see them happy.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,008 times
This is part of the reason why men have become the weak fragile shells of what we used to be. If you (the male) asked her (the female) out the male pays for EVERYTHING!!!! If the female asks the male out the male pays for EVERYTHING!!! Yeah I know its a double standard, but life is not fair either. Men there are dozens of other ways to figure out of she is a gold digger or not. The easiest is to see if she even offers to pay for (something). The first thing is to establish how far the relationship is going to go (if you're looking for a one night stand make that clear from the start and only spend a set amount. If the relationship is more serious you are probably not going to be physical for some time and you can build up to the physical, so in that case you would spend accordingly). When do women pay? When you get married and your wife wants to take you out to dinner on your birthday. Other than that men pay for everything.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I just asked my husband, (the definitive manly man) who said nowadays it should be more or less equal. He's about as chivalrous and old fashioned as you can get -- but he says the days of men paying for everything is over. Granted, he did pay for almost everything when we first started dating, though he'd let me pick up the tab or pay half on casual dates.

So the answer is that a woman should offer and be prepared to pay from the get go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships