Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,610,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
When I was in exclusive relationships we always split it. Or alternated paying

My GF & I take turn paying for things like movies, dinner, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,199,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Have you actually done this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What kind of women are you dating? You want to take her to Taco Bell and say, "You could have had the lobster if you were more worthy.. play your cards right and you might get one next time"???? lolololol... and this works?
No, lol, I wasn't being serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Where are these men, because 100% of the men I've dated have happily let me pay my share (except one coffee date where he grabbed my coffee before I actually got there) or the entire date and never had a problem with it.

And it's never helped me dating wise when I paid for the first date, nobody has seemed impressed and I'm lucky if I get a thank you.

I have a weird feeling all of these 'rules' would go out the window if they woman was hot enough or if you liked her company enough to want to 'impress' her. These rules seem to be for women they are luke warm about or just aren't that interested in.
Your feeling is incorrect as I have turned down many a hot girl before. I'm no simp, I never have and never will let a woman run game on me and make me change my ways.

Getting attractive women isn't a thing, so hot women play by the same rules as the rest do.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM

868 posts, read 1,125,210 times
Quote:
Knock what off? The sad thing is I'm probably the only guy on this thread (black or white) who regularly interacts with both blacks and whites, at work, at home, in the neighborhood, at the park, etc. Yeah, newsflash folks: blacks and whites often have different views about these kinds of things. Race didn't even occur to me on this thread until USA said something to the effect of "dude, what's wrong with you?? how can you even think like that???" ... then I started mentally rehearsing, oh yeah, I get that in conversations from black guys (and guys significantly younger than me) about dating .. in fact, in mixed racial company, there are usually rather strong differences of opinion.. again, along racial lines. I find it f'ing hilarious that that is taboo to say. Sorry folks, you're not going to shame me by implying racism. I come from way too diverse of a background for that nonsense.
I assume you come from Georgia?

I don't like racial profiling / stereotyping. It's all a bunch of bullshyt. You do not speak for all black men, nor are your views represent the so-called "white race" (which doesn't exist by the way).

You do not come from a diverse background at all. You come from a part of the United States that was segregated not too long ago. I am not accusing you of racism, but you are racially profiling people. I consider that to be wrong, sorry. Perhaps it's because (in your neck of the woods) most poor (sorry working class) people just so happen to be black and in general, working class attitudes are different from those of middle or upper class. You just happen to attach skin colour to it, whereas I don't.

People are products of their environments, not their skin colour. Spewing out such judgmental nonsense just makes you look like a horses arse.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,638,984 times
Quote:
Knock what off? The sad thing is I'm probably the only guy on this thread (black or white) who regularly interacts with both blacks and whites, at work, at home, in the neighborhood, at the park, etc. Yeah, newsflash folks: blacks and whites often have different views about these kinds of things. Race didn't even occur to me on this thread until USA said something to the effect of "dude, what's wrong with you?? how can you even think like that???" ... then I started mentally rehearsing, oh yeah, I get that in conversations from black guys (and guys significantly younger than me) about dating .. in fact, in mixed racial company, there are usually rather strong differences of opinion.. again, along racial lines. I find it f'ing hilarious that that is taboo to say. Sorry folks, you're not going to shame me by implying racism. I come from way too diverse of a background for that nonsense.

Sorry west cobb,

Black guy here. Highly educated. White collar.

Will say that 95% of those I associate with (friends/coworkers/neighbors) are of another race. Have many educated/professional friends that feel the exact same way as I do. No man regardless of race wants to deal with a selfish woman. And no man likes blowing money on someone that wouldn't offer to return the favor ONCE.

So....on to the next conversation.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:05 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,141,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
No, lol, I wasn't being serious.
Damn, because it sounds kind of hilarious. You should do it and then report back with results

Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,141,204 times
Quote:
I'm seconding Hombre. You really need to stop.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:19 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,692,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I assume you come from Georgia?

I don't like racial profiling / stereotyping. It's all a bunch of bullshyt. You do not speak for all black men, nor are your views represent the so-called "white race" (which doesn't exist by the way).

You do not come from a diverse background at all. You come from a part of the United States that was segregated not too long ago. I am not accusing you of racism, but you are racially profiling people. I consider that to be wrong, sorry. Perhaps it's because (in your neck of the woods) most poor (sorry working class) people just so happen to be black and in general, working class attitudes are different from those of middle or upper class. You just happen to attach skin colour to it, whereas I don't.

People are products of their environments, not their skin colour. Spewing out such judgmental nonsense just makes you look like a horses arse.
I come from southern California, Hombre, where I was one of the few white children in the neighborhood. Then I moved all around the country, starting from when I was 20. I also joined the military, where I have regularly worked for black men and women and have had black men and women work for me. I currently live in a very mixed racial neighborhood in the Atlanta suburbs (by choice... diversity is what I'm comfortable with), where I'll spare you the cliche of saying I have a lots of black friends, but it's true. I do. My wife, who grew up in the same kind of neighborhood I did has black aunts (her white uncles married black women), and she teaches at a predominantly black school .. again, by choice. She taught in a predominantly white school once and didn't like it because she couldn't relate do the kids or parents. One of the first things black people remark on when they come into our home is that my daughter has books about black people on her shelves. (She's about to turn 11.) At first, I was kind of tripped out that they thought that was weird... but I have learned that it's unusual. This is not because I'm some a self conscious liberal.. I assure you, I'm not. We just let her pick her own reading material, and she naturally picks books about all kinds of people, as she picks friends from all backgrounds. She does this because this a natural reflection of the world we raised her in. We raised her in this kind of world because it's the world we were raised in.

There... did I prove my bona fides to you?

I just read your entire post, Hombre. I want to correct your ignorant views on Georgia (at least the Atlanta area). Most of the blacks I know here are far from poor. They are solidly middle class to upper middle class. This city has had a strong tradition of black professionals for a long, long time. Any white person who was raised in this city who had a brain and reason wouldn't associate poverty with being black.. so sorry you think that's what shaped my thinking.

Last edited by WestCobb; 12-25-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 12-25-2012, 01:19 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,907,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Sorry west cobb,

Will say that 95% of those I associate with (friends/coworkers/neighbors) are of another race. Have many educated/professional friends that feel the exact same way as I do. No man regardless of race wants to deal with a selfish woman. And no man likes blowing money on someone that wouldn't offer to return the favor ONCE.

I feel the same way and I'm a black guy, work in banking, and have a Bachelor's degree (maybe a MPA in the not too distant future.)

Old 12-25-2012, 01:23 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,692,424 times
Quote:
Sorry west cobb,

It was not my intention at all to hijack this thread into a racial diversion, USA. I apologize for any offense... it was not intended.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,199,562 times
Quote:
Sorry west cobb,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I feel the same way and I'm a black guy, work in banking, and have a Bachelor's degree (maybe a MPA in the not too distant future.)
Role models right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships