Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 12:00 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,663,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Why?
Has anyone ever told you that your conversational skills are very similar to those of five and six year olds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,168,880 times
Quote:
Why should a man pay for someone that he could develop a romantic interest in?
Why should a woman not pay for someone that she could develop a romantic interest in?
You don't get it do you? It's not whether the man or woman should pay for the date but whoever asks out. If I ask him out, I'll pay. If he does, then that's on him.
Quote:
"Hey, we're going to a concert on Friday, you should come". Who is expected to buy the ticket?
If it's a friend, then we each pay our own tickets. If it's a date, then whoever did the asking pays... unless the other person wants to help out (but he/she isn't obligated to).

13,285 posts, read 15,328,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Has anyone ever told you that your conversational skills are very similar to those of five and six year olds?
Insult noted.

Has anyone ever told you that you're ability to answer questions sucks?

Why do you feel as you do?

6,732 posts, read 5,183,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course there aren't only two extreme positions, I'm just trying to make it easy.

What if you're sitting at dinner, the bill comes and she does nothing? Do you ask her to pay? Do you send her a bill for her half? Do you pay, but be passive aggressive about it?

I'm honestly curious.
I'd pay but the next date would be at:

Denny's
Waffle House
IHOP
Somewhere in the hood.

After I see the look on her face ( why are we pulling up to Taco Bell), after the date, I'd probably tell her the place I would've taken her ( ) if she was as invested in this as I was and at least offered.

That's if there would be a second date, which would be up to her. I'd just have fun with it.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,135,710 times
Quote:
I prefer women who confidently expect to be treated like women.
And what does that entail, exactly?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:03 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,328,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
You don't get it do you? It's not whether the man or woman should pay for the date but whoever asks out. If I ask him out, I'll pay. If he does, then that's on him.
Ok
Quote:
If it's a friend, then we each pay our own tickets. If it's a date, then whoever did the asking pays... unless the other person wants to help out (but he/she isn't obligated to).
What about the nature of the relationship changes who should pay?
Why if it's a romantic relationship should the asker pay?
Why is it different for non-romantic relationships?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,625,260 times
Quote:
I prefer women who confidently expect to be treated like women.

What are you talking about???

Dude come to NYC. Most of the serial daters here would eat you alive. I bet your perspective would change then.

1,601 posts, read 2,135,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Denny's
Waffle House
IHOP
Somewhere in the hood.

After I see the look on her face ( why are we pulling up to Taco Bell), after the date, I'd probably tell her the place I would've taken her ( ) if she was as invested in this as I was and at least offered.

That's if there would be a second date, which would be up to her. I'd just have fun with it.
Have you actually done this?

12,997 posts, read 13,663,793 times
Quote:

Denny's
Waffle House
IHOP
Somewhere in the hood.

What kind of women are you dating? You want to take her to Taco Bell and say, "You could have had the lobster if you were more worthy.. play your cards right and you might get one next time"???? lolololol... and this works?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,656,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Most not all....but most of the women that have responded negatively to this thread have COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT.

It is the GESTURE of offering to pay that is MOST IMPORTANT. 98% of men will NEVER ALLOW you to pay.

If you happen to be a woman that has is dating a guy you really WANT TO IMPRESS ......pay for the first date.

If everything is going great in your dating life than ignore this advice completely.

No respectable man wants to waste his time with a selfish unthoughtful woman.

NOT OFFERING to pay within the first three dates usually puts you in the selfish category.

Men please correct me if I am wrong.
Where are these men, because 100% of the men I've dated have happily let me pay my share (except one coffee date where he grabbed my coffee before I actually got there) or the entire date and never had a problem with it.

And it's never helped me dating wise when I paid for the first date, nobody has seemed impressed and I'm lucky if I get a thank you.

Quote:

Denny's
Waffle House
IHOP
Somewhere in the hood.

I have a weird feeling all of these 'rules' would go out the window if they woman was hot enough or if you liked her company enough to want to 'impress' her. These rules seem to be for women they are luke warm about or just aren't that interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships