Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 12:00 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,742,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-SHADOW View Post
We live in this mass globalization system. No offense, but we as people must be aware about what goes on in today's society: architectural, commercial, cultural, economical, environmental, industrial, political, etc.. Everything is moving very fast & we need to keep up the pace. This is due to the technological mobile information: the internet, ipads, notebooks, smartphones, etc.. We want to know about info asap. Also I forgot about scientific discoveries: astronomy, biology, chemistry, health, medical, pharmaceutical, physics, etc.. If we don't know about our surroundings then we won't be able to function on this planet.

Anyway,

This is the reason why the EC is titled as the "US EASTERN ESTABLISHMENT." It pertains the architectural, commercial, economical, financial, historical, institutional, intellectual, & political influence across the nation & globe. In addition, the EC have this ambitious & focus mindset to strive in whatever profession or goal. Better yet, the EC craves about logic & wisdom into changing life realities. Need I text more?
Huh? It's Friday night in NYC, why are you posting here instead of meeting all of those smart and successful women that surround you? Your actions speak louder than words, my friend.

Last edited by sdurbanite; 08-23-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 AM

91 posts, read 134,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The irony of it is that most people you meet are not from here that bring the rude. Most all the locals I met when I moved here were cool. It was the East Coast and MidWest crowd that moved here with something to prove, whatever that was. Don't hit bars if you want to find the local girls that might be keepers.
Okay,

Whatever that means?

You should not be fooled by the locals' "WC LAID BACK HOSPITALITY." When you are a visitor then they will shower you their artificial friendliness. As if they feel very superior over you for no apparent reason. But if you decide to live there. They'll judge & question you about your POVs such as moral reality, social conscience, or work ethic not to be up in their utopia standards. You will be cast off. This is what I experienced when I grew up in SoCal & lived in NorCal too. It must be the beach, blanket, bingo, HW, or political activist cultures to clog into the WC people's heads. I just don't know?

Don't forget,

Many EC, MW, & Southern populace, who relocate to the WC b/c of the job openings in several business managerial positions: ACCT, FIN, HRM, MKTG, MSOM, RISK INS, etc.. Since most, but not all of the WC populace, who refuse to take on mgmt. rolls in various corporations. This is the experience that I got from the EC, MW, & Southern populace, who ventured out in the WC. They commented about the WC culture is too much entitlement mentality, laid back aka laziness, politically incorrect, or lack of responsibilities.

Now you know why many transplants, who live in the WC.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:17 AM

91 posts, read 134,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Huh? It's Friday night in NYC, why are you posting here instead of meeting all of those smart and successful women that surround you? Your actions speak louder than words, my friend.
Sorry, but I'm not your friend. FYI, I'm on bed rest b/c I broke my foot. It was operated last week. I can't do too much on going out to places. I won't travel for a bit due to this matter. Anyway, I guess you're not doing too much either.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:40 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,345,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I'm not questioning your ability to pay, but I think it is not wise to live there as a single person for these reasons:

Irvine is super high in price due to the schools and work places there. (you need NEITHER);
Irvine rents are very high for what you get (it's nicer further south and not all flat);
Irvine is ok but too cookie cutter IMO, too far inland and flat.

I strongly recommend San Clemente as close to the ocean as possible (and if you can, close to downtown/Palizada) or if you insist on being closer to Irvine, Aliso Viejo (closer to Irvine, and close to Laguna also, tons of single professionals there). In the end, the QOL in San Clemente is very high; hard for many places to compete. The people are awesome, the weather terrific, the restaurants great, and you still have access to Central OC if you need it. Any guy you meet in Irvine will have no problem visiting you in SC, believe me.

And the girls in Newport I don't think you will want to be around. SC is the way.

Costa Mesa is mostly nice, albeit old, but you turn one street and it can get not so great.
Awesome, I fell in love with San Clemente the first time I saw it, love at first site

which reminds me I have not been there yet this summer, I should do that very soon!

Well, I am signing a lease in North Park...but being that I'm single and may be for a long time (lol) San Clemente might be next on my list...or if I marry that older rich guy maybe our house will be there

Old 08-23-2014, 07:15 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,559,570 times
Quote:
Okay,

Whatever that means?

You should not be fooled by the locals' "WC LAID BACK HOSPITALITY." When you are a visitor then they will shower you their artificial friendliness. As if they feel very superior over you for no apparent reason. But if you decide to live there. They'll judge & question you about your POVs such as moral reality, social conscience, or work ethic not to be up in their utopia standards. You will be cast off. This is what I experienced when I grew up in SoCal & lived in NorCal too. It must be the beach, blanket, bingo, HW, or political activist cultures to clog into the WC people's heads. I just don't know?

Don't forget,

Many EC, MW, & Southern populace, who relocate to the WC b/c of the job openings in several business managerial positions: ACCT, FIN, HRM, MKTG, MSOM, RISK INS, etc.. Since most, but not all of the WC populace, who refuse to take on mgmt. rolls in various corporations. This is the experience that I got from the EC, MW, & Southern populace, who ventured out in the WC. They commented about the WC culture is too much entitlement mentality, laid back aka laziness, politically incorrect, or lack of responsibilities.

Now you know why many transplants, who live in the WC.
....laid back is a pleasant term for dull in my book....agree with the entitlement part but they are too politically correct, not incorrect ( I remember watching a football game in a sports bar where a receiver gave up on the play and I shouted out puss*...a guy, not a gal, reprimanded me that there were ladies present...yeah, right, like my shout was directed towards female anatomy rather than the player who gave up on the play--what a wuss and nowhere else would that happen).....finally, if you say or point out something a WC local disagrees with, they will ask you where you are from or tell you.."Oh, you must be from ____ "--as if to act condescending or superior and trying to guilt or embarrass you into agreeing with them by changing your opinion or taking it back.

Last edited by elchevere; 08-23-2014 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm not your friend. FYI, I'm on bed rest b/c I broke my foot. It was operated last week. I can't do too much on going out to places. I won't travel for a bit due to this matter. Anyway, I guess you're not doing too much either.
...Storm...was in your neck of the woods last night...have you had a chance to check out Gato--Bobby Flay's new spot in NoHo?...normally, most celeb chef spots disappoint and don't do much for me--but not this one..food was very good...followed that up with a few cocktails in the Bowery--boy, has that area made an amazing transition-- Cherche Midi (new Keith McNally makeover) and Bowery Hotel great spots to catch a cocktail and had a very nice and very nice looking, professional crowd (I suspect the 'private equity' crowd).

Old 08-23-2014, 08:38 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
any girl impressed by that is under 23 and she wouldn't be interested in you (generic you, supposedly nice mature guy/man over 25) anyway.

The girls hanging out in PB are hanging out in PB to meet young men at their similar maturity level. If that's not your level look for someone more suitable to your level. Try another part of town or age...
I agree completely. PB is most certainly not the place to meet women if you're over 25 and mature. Try Gaslamp or something. A much more down to earth crowd usually.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:46 AM

Gentoo--sorry, but Gaslamp is one of the last places I would recommend to hang. I live within a 5 minute walk and avoid that place more than Ebola--as do many of my mature, successful friends. You might meet mature tourists from out of town, but few locals that fit the mature, let alone successful, criteria.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:04 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,345,774 times
Gaslamp is great during conferences, well cool conferences which attract a professional crowd. It does seem to be more on the young 20's side when the professionals are not around. But I think you can still find some nice establishments there compared to PB.

I was out in Carlsbad last night and met several people, great time. North County beach towns/nightlife is a great way to meet people around here...that is if you actually want to meet the more sophisticated people that some have complained are not here and not just locate, conquer and dominate a woman from a low income nation like Mexico lol

The men complaining about the entitled women of America and SoCal tend to have problems of their own with dating and look to other countries...that's not a San Diego problem that's something else entirely.

Well anyway if the ratio really is somewhat in my favor here then I suppose I picked the right place to live.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Ratio may be in your favor but keep in mind included in those numbers is a large gay population, especially in the downtown and immediate surrounding areas (wasn't North Park mentioned earlier in this thread?) that will bring down the percentage of eligible mates for you if you seek something beyond friendship.

As for mature professional conventioneers (some who visit once a year or longer) I suppose it is better than none at all but most established people I communicate with would prefer a more local, vs transient, professional population that you have an opportunity to run into on a more frequent basis...pinning your hopes on meeting a once a year professional is equivalent to hoping to run into someone similar on a once a year cruise. But, if that works for some go for it.

As for the entitlement comment, I cannot speak for the others but I know I was referring to, both, men and women but thanks for the analysis...remind me what medical school you attended again. LOL.

Last edited by elchevere; 08-23-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego