Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheStrings View Post
What is the job market like in Alaska? Oh, wait, let me clarify something before you answer...Are there jobs for versatile individuals who are reasonably intelligent with multiple skills, but lack an alphabet behind their names?

Nope the job market has dried up here. Everyone just sits around and waits for the government check to get here in the mail...

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
I am wondering if Palins remaining popularity is soley based on the idea that a few folks on the middle to far right think everyone on the left absolutely hates her with a passion. Sort of a 'I like ____ because you hate ____'.

Not the best reason to support someone. Then again, the left does it to the right with Sharpton and Micheal Moore...who the right absolutely loathes but the left only seems to keep around because it frustrates the right.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Nope the job market has dried up here. Everyone just sits around and waits for the government check to get here in the mail...
Still waiting on my government check..they musta missed me.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times
Where's my slice?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:28 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Would those be STIMULUS minutes or is that something different?
Not sure on that one...guess it depends on how you look at it???

Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I added the poll at the begnning because I knew that anything that had Palin's name, made fun of the left on the thread or subject would draw the left In like flies. Since she has a very good approval rating in the state, it is clear that most of the posters here are from out of state (sorta like trolls).

There are the usual suspects from here, but now we are really drawng in the real hard core versions of hate and discontent.
You know as well as the rest of us that it does bring in a lot of outside opinions, or you wouldn't have started the thread, because it wouldn't have been any fun. If she wouldn't have run for VP, and just decided to resign at this point, there probably wouldn't have been much said at all. Needless to say, as someone else did, the circus that has followed her since last August will end for the state anyway, and hopefully Parnell gets hold of things and back to business for Alaska, though he will probably be thinking of running next go round...

Funny how you said when her name is mentioned it draws flies, what is that old saying... Like flies on sh**, couldn't help myself.

Usual suspects, what the heck? hate...nothing that hasn't been brought on by actions, and discontent...I do believe you are right, but the discontent in in Alaska, where we need someone who is focusing on the state, rather than outside interests or distractions at the moment, planning the next trip, speaking gig, magazine article...you know

Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
I hope she does go on Squawks News and babble like a fool. The McCain camp. really reined her in when it became clear that she was a liability but it was too late. They knew that the more she runs her trap the less credible she becomes so bring it on, put her on Squawks.

I do, though, have concern that if she goes blazing a mavericky trail around the U.S. giving speeches and holding rallies, she'll incite violence with some of her creepy talk about the real America blah blah blah.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9
I added the poll at the begnning because I knew that anything that had Palin's name, made fun of the left on the thread or subject would draw the left In like flies. Since she has a very good approval rating in the state, it is clear that most of the posters here are from out of state (sorta like trolls).

There are the usual suspects from here, but now we are really drawng in the real hard core versions of hate and discontent.

If honorable S. Palin would stay in Alaska and made her mess just there- heck, I would agree with you- but no, she wants to do it in all the States and for at least 4 years!
So there, everybody is affected and entitled to hate her.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why do you insult people who adhere to a different philosophy than you? Without the tension between the left and right, our country would have collapsed generations ago. In fact, it never would have been created. When one goes overboard with too much power (as liberals did in the 70s and conservatives did in the 2000s), the other balances things out and keeps the ship moving.

Why do you not post this in the "politics and controversies" section, where extensive discussion on this subject has already happened?

I think the backlash against Palin from across the political spectrum has more to do with her demonstrated lack of capacity for the international stage than any conspiracy of what you label the "Loony Left".

Don't mean to attack ya, but our new PRESIDENT has never shown ANY capacity for the international stage. No, there wasn't a backlash across the political spectrum against governnor Sarah. There was a media LAMBASTING of her.

Big difference.

Pleez drive safely.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Don't mean to attack ya, but our new PRESIDENT has never shown ANY capacity for the international stage. No, there wasn't a backlash across the political spectrum against governnor Sarah. There was a media LAMBASTING of her.

Big difference.

Pleez drive safely.
Good thing you didn't mean to attack her...and why some of you can't participate in a conversation of the governor of Alaska without blaring about the President is beyond me. Guess you've got nothing else. Enjoy AZ now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska