Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 06:23 PM

732 posts, read 780,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit View Post
So skyscrapercenter puts completed project, while emporis don't. And yet somehow its more updated and complete?

And how did you exactly count again?

https://www.emporis.com/city/100396/...tus/existing/3

Here Makati shows 46 completed building of 150m+. So all your points are invalid.

Jakarta have 90: https://www.emporis.com/city/100259/...tus/existing/5

Count again for me will you lol.
Skyscrapercenter lacks data while emporis is more complete. Emporis also puts completed projects, they also have for all skyscrapers not just completed, u/c and planned. Please try going through the sites and discover it for yourself.

Scroll pages 10, 11 & 12 honey for Jakarta. And go to pages 4&5 for Makati. Bwalah. You are obviously not skimming carefully. Now tell me my counting and point weren't valid. Also do't just include Makati, add Manila City, Quezon, Pasig, Mandaluyong and Taguig coz that what makes up Metro Manila. You counting only the first few pages of each city instead of completely looking all pages makes it even harder for Jakarta to beat Manila as 46 is already more than half of 90 since there are 5 more cities to add for Manila.

You're funny guy to argue with. Make sure you exhausted your resources before accusing and mocking someone.

Last edited by neMarL; 04-29-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 07:16 PM

400 posts, read 238,658 times
Neither of them have valid data. They receive external inputs. They even get confused to classify what skyscraper, highrise, etc. So stop this nonsense.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:35 PM

400 posts, read 238,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Skyscrapercenter lacks data while emporis is more complete. Emporis also puts completed projects, they also have for all skyscrapers not just completed, u/c and planned. Please try going through the sites and discover it for yourself.

Scroll pages 10, 11 & 12 honey for Jakarta. And go to pages 4&5 for Makati. Bwalah. You are obviously not skimming carefully. Now tell me my counting and point weren't valid. Also do't just include Makati, add Manila City, Quezon, Pasig, Mandaluyong and Taguig coz that what makes up Metro Manila. You counting only the first few pages of each city instead of completely looking all pages makes it even harder for Jakarta to beat Manila as 46 is already more than half of 90 since there are 5 more cities to add for Manila.

You're funny guy to argue with. Make sure you exhausted your resources before accusing and mocking someone.
To prove how invalid it is, open its ultimate ranking, skyline ranking

https://www.emporis.com/statistics/skyline-ranking

See Seoul at 2 and Shanghai at 14? And the number of buildings in Seoul (16,000s) is ten times of Shanghai (1,600s)?
Yep, Emporis can be so ridiculously stupid. Moreover people who believe in it. LOL

This

Beat this in number of tall buildings? LOL

Old 04-29-2019, 08:30 PM

1,117 posts, read 842,294 times
I like this skyline ranking, but they need to update it. Last data is from 2015
The World's Best Skylines

They use an algorithm to come up with the scores. They take into account the number of skyscrapers, how tall they are, and in how much land area. Shanghai is ranked far ahead Seoul.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:42 PM

22 posts, read 14,701 times
Quote:

Yes im too lazy to bother lol and you dont have to repeat yourself too many times about how many cities in MM are there, but then again my point is you posted wrong informations. How did 46 turn up to be 60? Now be kind and do the right math.

Last edited by adit; 04-29-2019 at 08:53 PM..

Old 04-30-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Yes im too lazy to bother lol and you dont have to repeat yourself too many times about how many cities in MM are there, but then again my point is you posted wrong informations. How did 46 turn up to be 60? Now be kind and do the right math.
You dont need so much math my friend, you need to go over the site once again and after the 150m list ends at 46(pages1&2),thinking it already ended there, more 150ms shows up at page 4&5. Same with Jakarta after the list as if it ends at page 6, then suddenly at pages 11&12 more 150ms shows up. I don't think that gives you the right to rebut and keeps discussing with us if you are too lazy to read nor to labored to do things that needs to be done to make yourself reliable. Get back to me if you are no longer lazy and will toil for things to get factual data.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Neither of them have valid data. They receive external inputs. They even get confused to classify what skyscraper, highrise, etc. So stop this nonsense.
Nobody has perfect data but at least the other is more updated and has more records available. One is very far from truth, other one is nearer. Which one will you choose?

Old 04-30-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
To prove how invalid it is, open its ultimate ranking, skyline ranking

https://www.emporis.com/statistics/skyline-ranking

See Seoul at 2 and Shanghai at 14? And the number of buildings in Seoul (16,000s) is ten times of Shanghai (1,600s)?
Yep, Emporis can be so ridiculously stupid. Moreover people who believe in it. LOL

This

Beat this in number of tall buildings? LOL
We we're discussing 150m skyscrapers on Emporis, did not mention about their skyline ranking. Their skyline ranking maybe flawed but their listing of buildings like 150meters are somehow more factual than the other site. We have sound minds to know and judge which data to use and which one to discard.

They are probably using different height standard with their skyline ranking. Again, we can take whatever information on their site that is more factual and from those info we can create our own skyline ranking methodology. That solves your problem. You are just straying away from the original topic of who has the most number of 150 meters.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 PM

22 posts, read 14,701 times
Quote:
You dont need so much math my friend, you need to go over the site once again and after the 150m list ends at 46(pages1&2),thinking it already ended there, more 150ms shows up at page 4&5. Same with Jakarta after the list as if it ends at page 6, then suddenly at pages 11&12 more 150ms shows up. I don't think that gives you the right to rebut and keeps discussing with us if you are too lazy to read nor to labored to do things that needs to be done to make yourself reliable. Get back to me if you are no longer lazy and will toil for things to get factual data.
Only if you actually posted factual data, you have no right to tell me off. Most of the things you said are outrigbt speculation.

I've done my research for a bit and apparently "existing" Buildings in emporis included many which are still under construction, lol.

Last edited by adit; 04-30-2019 at 09:57 PM..

Old 05-01-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Only if you actually posted factual data, you have no right to tell me off. Most of the things you said are outrigbt speculation.

I've done my research for a bit and apparently "existing" Buildings in emporis included many which are still under construction, lol.
They have option to view existing or completed buildings. Tell me which ones are underconstructions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia