Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times

Advertisements

Not a clutch player, can't post up, he's not the best on his team, he think he's as good as Jordan( LOL), not mentally tough, and just flat out overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
I believe it had to do with the unnecessary 1hr Lebron James' decision.

1hr to utter "i will be taking my talents to South Beach."
and why is that worse than committing murder?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:18 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Not a clutch player, can't post up, he's not the best on his team, he think he's as good as Jordan( LOL), not mentally tough, and just flat out overrated.
he even admitted that he is not better than Jordan you know

Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
I don't think Lebron has ever said that( being better than Jordan). However you have former players like Scottie Pippen and Oscar Robertson uttering those sentiments.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
The only place I can see 'really' having issue with Lebron, is Cleveland. And moreso 'how' he left, than the fact that he simply left. Other road crowds across the country booing him was simply 'me too' shenanigans.
You mean "how" he raised a bunch of money from his TV special and donated it to the Boys & Girls club?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:34 PM

32 posts, read 48,202 times

Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You mean "how" he raised a bunch of money from his TV special and donated it to the Boys & Girls club?
I have no personal issue with how he left. The city of Cleveland felt betrayed and humiliated by the manner in which he left, having an hour long special to break up with them. That he donated money from that special got lost in the shuffle. It's no skin off my back, I can assure you. The whole thing was and still is majorly blown out of proportion.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Yes, St Lebron did it only for such loving and selfless reasons. There is no way he could have donated that money without the show. It's only a matter of time before the halo appears over his head. Cleveland should thank him for his selfless actions and representing their city so well.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:33 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Cleveland fans hate him because of the way he left. It's one thing if he just signed with another team(no matter which team) and left it at that. He had an entire hour and numerous days dedicated to his decision. That was a huge slap to the face of Cleveland. Basically saying "Yeah I'm leaving, but I'll lead them on for a bit and get some press".

For non-Cleveland fans, they hate him because he's smug, arrogant, and an attention w*ore.

We Miami fans hate him because he singlehandedly cost us a title. We had a 2-1 series lead. In game 4, we led by 4 going into the 4th quarter. We led despite LeBron finishing the night with 8 points on 3-11 shooting and Dirk going 6-19. Some of our guys made some poor decisions, but LeBron was **** poor all game and that was the time to jump on it because Dirk wasn't much better. LeBron goes just 5-11, we take a commanding 3-1 lead. Instead, Dallas ties it up 2-2 and wins out.

LeBron couldn't hit a jump shot against Dallas if his life depended on it. 18/7/7 from the best player in the world in the biggest series of his life, scoring less than 20 points in half the games, never getting to the foul line more than 4 times in a game, is completely unacceptable.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 PM

211 posts, read 370,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Cleveland fans hate him because of the way he left. It's one thing if he just signed with another team(no matter which team) and left it at that. He had an entire hour and numerous days dedicated to his decision. That was a huge slap to the face of Cleveland. Basically saying "Yeah I'm leaving, but I'll lead them on for a bit and get some press".

For non-Cleveland fans, they hate him because he's smug, arrogant, and an attention w*ore.

We Miami fans hate him because he singlehandedly cost us a title. We had a 2-1 series lead. In game 4, we led by 4 going into the 4th quarter. We led despite LeBron finishing the night with 8 points on 3-11 shooting and Dirk going 6-19. Some of our guys made some poor decisions, but LeBron was **** poor all game and that was the time to jump on it because Dirk wasn't much better. LeBron goes just 5-11, we take a commanding 3-1 lead. Instead, Dallas ties it up 2-2 and wins out.

LeBron couldn't hit a jump shot against Dallas if his life depended on it. 18/7/7 from the best player in the world in the biggest series of his life, scoring less than 20 points in half the games, never getting to the foul line more than 4 times in a game, is completely unacceptable.
See what people fail to understand is that Lebron was really trying. He just didn't have the skill set available. He is an athlete playing basketball not a basketball player. He still has to learn to move without the ball post up learn a midrange game how to read a defense and how to get people involved and still get yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball