Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 08:06 PM

143 posts, read 133,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Isn't this nice? We're all getting along.
You might want to revise that opinion now! :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 03:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post

That said, I am very proud of the Albertans for standing up to government that fails to represent them.
Yes Hate your government Sounds like the Canadian equivalent of a trump cult member.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:13 AM

71 posts, read 48,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
Spot on, I couldnt have said it better. And this includes the Quebecios who need to recognize that the queen is your queen whether you like it or not.
She is not my queen. I don't want a queen and will never pay respects to one. Canada should get rid of the queen if we want to keep Quebec.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:14 AM

71 posts, read 48,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
So you consign yourself to be something of a termite? I cant believe some of this. Quebec isnt a nation it is just a vocal have not province and never will be anything more.
It isn't being a termite when you are being given these things. What is Quebec to do? Say we don't want these free money?

Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailfo2 View Post
It isn't being a termite when you are being given these things. What is Quebec to do? Say we don't want these free money?
Well let's see; perhaps elucidating in the most succinct of terms that Quebec is as content with the terms of confederation as any other province, with the agreed upon method of settling grievances to not include the threatening of taking your ball and bat and leaving the sand lot altogether.

It isn't being given (as in offered willingly) nor is it "free" money when the rest of the Canadian taxpayers are footing the bill for your frequent extortion.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
She is not my queen. I don't want a queen and will never pay respects to one. Canada should get rid of the queen if we want to keep Quebec.
There are any number of Canadians, I expect they would be in the majority considering over a quarter of our population was born elsewhere, who would quite probably say they don't give any consideration at all to the fact the Queen remains Canada's sovereign. Most don't even think of it and those that do so solely due to some relatively short window of their Provinces history generations before they were born themselves, have far too much time on their hands and obviously are content enough with their lives within confederation to have not prioritized their concerns with far more pressing issues of the day within their province.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Have some cultural self respect and instead of mooching off Canada for the free stuff separate and go it on your own ..

Old 08-08-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
If you are thinking the rest of Canada wants to keep Quebec you are seriously misinformed as the rest of Canada doesnt give a hoot about Quebec in fact when did you say you were leaving?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:03 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you are thinking the rest of Canada wants to keep Quebec you are seriously misinformed as the rest of Canada doesnt give a hoot about Quebec

I would not overstate the attachement but I would still say that that's inaccurate generally speaking.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:18 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well let's see; perhaps elucidating in the most succinct of terms that Quebec is as content with the terms of confederation as any other province, with the agreed upon method of settling grievances to not include the threatening of taking your ball and bat and leaving the sand lot altogether.

It isn't being given (as in offered willingly) nor is it "free" money when the rest of the Canadian taxpayers are footing the bill for your frequent extortion.
If I can seize upon this word (even if it's inflammatory), I would say that there is no way that it can be demonstrated that there is any link between the equalization program (and what Quebec gets out of it) and the ebb and flow of the separatist movement, or any significant milestones in history in this saga (the PQ getting elected, referendums, etc.)

Equalization in Canada was brought in in 1957 which was long before the PQ or its predecessor the RIN were even dreamt of by the most idealistic Québécois - who actually didn't even have much of a collective sentiment as Québécois at the time, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada