Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 06:19 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus IS The Truth . . . I follow Jesus. You are in a cult of man made biblical nonsense. I figured you would not and could not think for yourself and answer the questions about the absurd "precepts and doctrines of men" that you have been indoctrinated with. Well . . . it never hurts to try. The willful ignorance and blind acceptance of completely irrational positions is fascinating . . . but extremely frustrating.
I really don't want to "hijack" the thread, but, I'm curious to ask just what it is that you believe about the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 06:48 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
I really don't want to "hijack" the thread, but, I'm curious to ask just what it is that you believe about the Bible?
That's easy . . . it is the recordings of spiritual inspirations from our God received by very ignorant and primitive men with the typical savage misconceptions about God and our relationship to Him. Treating it AS IF it is inerrant and perfectly DICTATED instructions from God is ludicrous. We are intended to evolve our understanding of God and revisit the early misconceptions as new knowledge reveals the inconsistencies and irrationalities within the earlier carnal "milk" interpretations. As our knowledge and understanding evolved we were to strive to reveal the true SPIRITUAL content. Instead . . . religions have stagnated the understanding at the primitive carnal levels and refused to even consider revisiting those ignorant interpretations.

The Bible is NOT intended for worldly interpretations or considerations. It is a Spiritual template and record of the evolution of our species spirituality from its "infancy" through its culmination in Jesus the Christ. The OT establishes the basis and validation for Jesus. The life and death of Jesus is our UNAMBIGUOUS example of the TRUE NATURE of our God. The bible contains useful instruction about how we should develop our SPIRITUAL purpose in this life (righteousness) . . . BUT it is NOT a worldly or cultural prescription for STAGNATING our societies at a Bronze age stage of development and understanding of roles and relationships.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-04-2010 at 07:00 PM..

Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
That's easy . . . it is the recordings of spiritual inspirations from our God received by very ignorant and primitive men with the typical savage misconceptions about God and our relationship to Him. Treating it AS IF it is inerrant and perfectly DICTATED instructions from God is ludicrous. We are intended to evolve our understanding of God and revisit the early misconceptions as new knowledge reveals the inconsistencies and irrationalities within the earlier carnal "milk" interpretations. As our knowledge and understanding evolved we were to strive to reveal the true SPIRITUAL content. Instead . . . religions have stagnated the understanding at the primitive carnal levels and refused to even consider revisiting those ignorant interpretations.

The Bible is NOT intended for worldly interpretations or considerations. It is a Spiritual template and record of the evolution of our species spirituality from its "infancy" through its culmination in Jesus the Christ. The OT establishes the basis and validation for Jesus. The life and death of Jesus is our UNAMBIGUOUS example of the TRUE NATURE of our God. The bible contains useful instruction about how we should develop our SPIRITUAL purpose in this life (righteousness) . . . BUT it is NOT a worldly or cultural prescription for STAGNATING our societies at a Bronze age stage of development and understanding of roles and relationships.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
That's easy . . . it is the recordings of spiritual inspirations from our God received by very ignorant and primitive men with the typical savage misconceptions about God and our relationship to Him. Treating it as if it is inerrant and perfectlydictatedinstructions from God is ludicrous. We are intended to evolve our understanding of God and revisit the early misconceptions as new knowledge reveals the inconsistencies and irrationalities within the earlier carnal "milk" interpretations. As our knowledge and understanding evolved we were to strive to reveal the true spiritual content. Instead . . . religions have stagnated the understanding at the primitive carnal levels and refused to even consider revisiting those ignorant interpretations.
Keying in on the bold underlined portion of your response, can I take this to mean that you believe all of the Bible to be Holy inspired. In other words, every portion reliably represents God's truth.

Quote:
The Bible is not intended for worldly interpretations or considerations. It is a Spiritual template and record of the evolution of our species spirituality from its "infancy" through its culmination in Jesus the Christ. The OT establishes the basis and validation for Jesus. The life and death of Jesus is our unambiguous example of the true natureof our God. The bible contains useful instruction about how we should develop our spiritual purpose in this life (righteousness) . . . but it is not a worldly or cultural prescription for stagnating our societies at a Bronze age stage of development and understanding of roles and relationships.
This (bold underline portion) strikes me as a total nonsense statement. Are you saying that no one in the world can interpret or logically consider what the Bible means?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Keying in on the bold underlined portion of your response, can I take this to mean that you believe all of the Bible to be Holy inspired. In other words, every portion reliably represents God's truth.
Yes . . .but horribly misunderstood and misrepresented. It is of SPIRITUAL import only . . . e.g. to chronicle our species evolution of spiritual understanding . . . not our carnal or worldly understanding.
Quote:
This (bold underline portion) strikes me as a total nonsense statement. Are you saying that no one in the world can interpret or logically consider what the Bible means?
Of course not. Worldly or carnal matters refer to those things of usual concern in our material earthly existence. The bible may use them as parables, illustrations or examples . . . but such earthly matters are not God's concern. God is interested in the spiritual development of our Spirits (consciousnesses) in "love of God and each other" . . . not all that happens in our daily earthly lives. We have Dominion over the earth and all things in it, period.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Yes . . .but horribly misunderstood and misrepresented. It is of spiritual import only . . . e.g. to chronicle our species evolution of spiritual understanding . . . not our carnal or worldly understanding.Of course not. Worldly or carnal matters refer to those things of usual concern in our material earthly existence. The bible may use them as parables, illustrations or examples . . . but such earthly matters are not God's concern. God is interested in the spiritual development of our Spirits (consciousnesses) in "love of God and each other" . . . not all that happens in our daily earthly lives. We have Dominion over the earth and all things in it, period.
OK, thanks.

What portions, if any, of traditional Christian orthodoxy (doctrines i.e., trinity, God's divine sovereignty, Baptism, Eucharist etc.) do you agree with?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
OK, thanks.

What portions, if any, of traditional Christian orthodoxy (doctrines i.e., trinity, God's divine sovereignty, Baptism, Eucharist etc.) do you agree with?
Trinity (properly understood as a consequence of consciousness)
Divine Sovereignty (subject to His expressed will),
Baptism and Eucharist(as symbolic)
Jesus as The Way, The Truth and The Life (structurally . . . not metaphorically)

Old 07-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Trinity (properly understood as a consequence of consciousness)
Divine Sovereignty (subject to His expressed will),
Baptism and Eucharist(as symbolic)
Jesus as The Way, The Truth and The Life (structurally . . . not metaphorically)
I apologize.

Please let me rephrase the question.

Where do people like Augustine, Luther and Calvin get it wrong?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I apologize.
Please let me rephrase the question.
Where do people like Augustine, Luther and Calvin get it wrong?
By ignoring God's express Will and all the implications that has for the ridiculous idea that we are predestined to DO anything. Not only are the Omni's purely human inventions as the minimum qualifications for a God they will accept as God . . . they are also self-contradictory in application creating sophomoric "paradoxes." Who are we to determine what God MUST be and what characteristics He MUST have to be considered God???What a consciousness KNOWS (whether God's or not) has nothing to do with what MUST be. Also the capability to do something does NOT equal MUST do.

Our so-called "time" is a function of our conscious measurements . . . and our consciousness takes "quantum time" just to form what we experience as our "instantaneous lumps of awareness" . . . so that we CAN measure and experience our "time." The implications are that both God's and our consciousnesses exist in "quantum time" which precedes our "measured time" here in our physical world . . . so we are in effect physically living in "a delayed broadcast time." This is how even WE can be aware of some things BEFORE the stimuli actually reach our brain.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
By ignoring God's express Will and all the implications that has for the ridiculous idea that we are predestined to DOMUST be and what characteristics He MUST have to be considered God???What a consciousness KNOWS (whether God's or not) has nothing to do with what MUST be. Also the capability to do something does NOT equal MUST do.
anything. Not only are the Omni's purely human inventions as the minimum qualifications for a God they will accept as God . . . they are also self-contradictory in application creating sophomoric "paradoxes." Who are we to determine what God
Our so-called "time" is a function of our conscious measurements . . . and our consciousness takes "quantum time" just to form what we experience as our "instantaneous lumps of awareness" . . . so that we CAN measure and experience our "time." The implications are that both God's and our consciousnesses exist in "quantum time" which precedes our "measured time" here in our physical world . . . so we are in effect physically living in "a delayed broadcast time." This is how even WE can be aware of some things BEFORE the stimuli actually reach our brain
Super.

Are you going to answer my question?

If you believe the Bible to be as you yourself describe it to be it would then naturally follow that the Bible has much to say about God. I'm trying to zero in on where it is that your views part company with the traditional orthodox view - as it pertains to very plainly and easily understood common understanding of crucial Biblical doctrines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity